View Full Version : XMLTV plugin channel lineups out of order
I've been having a lot of minor trouble with the 1.4.5 beta. First, it wouldn't recognize my card. After solving that, it wouldn't load the xmltv plugin at all. I had to completely wipe and reinstall both the JRE and SageTV to resolve that. Now, it won't load the channels in order during the setup wizard.
Any clues for me? Looking at the epgdata.xml file, the channels are listed in order, and they all seem to be legible. Any clues as to why they're all out of order?
07-27-2003, 09:13 PM
One thing to check, in case you haven't done so is to make sure that the version of the xmltv plugin that you are using corresponds to the appropriate version of the xmltv software. The latest version by myself only supports xmltv 0.5.14. corykim has published a modified version that supports xmltv 0.5.15. Do a search on both of our user names to find the version appropriate to your needs.
I've tried with both 0.5.14 and 0.5.15, and they both have the same problem, unfortunately. Thanks for the tip, though...I'll get the new plugin anyway.
I still haven't resolved this. :( Any more advice, folks?
07-30-2003, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure if this is required by SageTV or the plugin, but are you sorting your XMLTV listings? I use the the xmltv tv_sort command to sort the listings by channel. Here is the batch file I use (I have SageTV in the default install directory and XMLTV installed at c:\xmltv):
xmltv tv_grab_na --listings TVDatapre.xml --days 9 --listings-overwrite true
xmltv tv_sort --by-channel --output epgdata.xml TVDatapre.xml
copy "c:\xmltv\epgdata.xml" "c:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV"
I've tried it both with and without sorting. In fact, I had a script (which I'll post later) that worked before I upgraded to 1.4.5. I took that script apart, pulled out all the pipes, ran each step individually, then tried each intermediate file with SageTV. They all loaded out of order. :(
BTW, this is in the beta forum because the problem didn't occur with 1.3.x -- only with the betas.
07-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Wierd. I'm using XMLTV 0.5.15, corykim's modified plugin, and SageTV 1.4.7b and haven't had this problem. I had this problem with the lisings in myHTPC EPG due to the new channel naming scheme used by XMLTV. Perhaps your channel names are different somehow in some small way that the plugin isn't handling properly.
As a work-around you might try checking your sage.properties file. Find the epg/channel_lineups/####### line that is associated with your XMLTV listings. The ####### is the provider_id of the EPG data source. If the channel numbers are out of order in the channel_lineups line, you could manually rearrange them and hope SageTV or the plugin won't scramble them again until the problem is tracked down. Be sure to EXIT SageTV before making changes to the sage.properties file.
Just some thoughts :confused:
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.