View Full Version : Not able to teach channel numbers
04-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Still struggling with the Actisys installation. When programming the transceiver, the program exists out to the Win desktop. Any ideas? I can't get the past this stage.
04-05-2003, 08:24 AM
Can you tell us specifically what screen it's exiting at? Is it the screen that starts with "Point the remote control for your cable box/satellite receiver..."? So then when you try to follow the instructions it crashes?
What cable/sat box are you using?
04-05-2003, 09:07 AM
I think I got this fixed doing a clean install. Still can't get the Actisys to change channels. I have an RCA directv receiver and the 200L can send the channel changes but becuase the remote requires this sequece to change the channels: ###[enter], the [enter] key is not mapped and even when I use the keyboard the enter key is seen a "0" How can I get the 200L to see the mapped numbers followed by the [enter] command?
04-05-2003, 01:01 PM
This will be in 1.2.5 Beta. There is a way to do it now, but it's a little complicated, there's 2 ways to do it:
The easiest way to set this up is using SageRecorder if you've still got the trial left on it. Just go into Setup->Sources. Select an IR Transmitter. Quit and restart SageRecorder. The go back into Sources and select Add/Edit Device from either S- Video or Composite's menu. From there select the device you want to create the Enter key for. Then select Edit. Then New to add the 'Enter' command. Then select 'Enter' as the channel confirm key. Close everything out. It'll now send the 'Enter' key after channel changes. This change will apply to SageTValso.
1. Quit SageTV if it's running
2. Open the .ir file for your device in the Frey Technologies\Common\RemoteCodes folder using a text editor.
3. The codes in the file will look something like:
5 258 n 00 00 c0 ff fd df ef f7 fb fd 7e bf df ef f7 fb bf ff fb bf ff fb
253 r 00 00 c0 ef
They may be one or two or more lines for a code. The first '5' is the button it corresponds to. Find the one for 9 and change the 9 to be an X.
4. Save the file and quit the editor.
5. Start SageTV and go into the Setup Wizard and teach it the 'Enter' key for the 9 command.
6. Complete the Setup Wizard and quit SageTV.
7. Open up the .ir file again like you did before.
8. Find the code for 9 that was just created. Change the 9 to be Enter. And change the X from step#3 back to a 9.
9. Append Enter to the end of the first line of the line so it looks someting like:
MotorolaDCT2000 37616 411 3 600 1000 Enter
10. Save the .ir file and quit the editor. You're done.
Questions, let me know.
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.