View Full Version : SageTV client as iMac external display
04-28-2008, 10:49 AM
I inquired about this many moons ago and got no answer, but I am once again thinking of pulling the old iMac trigger:
1. Can the client be run in full screen mode on an LCD driven as the external monitor?
2. Is there a solution that gives full remote control of Sage regardless of what the Mac is doing?
3. Would the wireless connection be enough to support most non 1080p content?
04-29-2008, 11:15 PM
1. No. You can mirror, but that I guess that is not what your looking for. You could use quasi fullscreen by simply maximizing. That's what I do.
2. Never tried. I don't think it's impossible, though.
3. SD content, like DVD Standard, works fine here. Reliably.
05-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I too have an iMac and noticed that I could not put my 50" external display in full screen mode. I thought that it was just a beta problem.
I was disappointed to see this post as I was even going to request development on additional functionality. I think it would be GREAT if I could use the 24" iMac screen for menus and leave the video playing in full screen on the 50". Oh well, guess I will have to wait.....
05-07-2008, 10:16 PM
I think it would be GREAT if I could use the 24" iMac screen for menus and leave the video playing in full screen on the 50". Oh well, guess I will have to wait.....
Don't hold your breath.
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.