View Full Version : SageTV Just stopped working
04-27-2003, 04:23 PM
As of this morning, when I attpempt to start SageTV I receive the following error message:
An exception occured in Java:
This occurs as SageTV hits 99% complete on ObjectDB Loading
I am using the latest version Java. As I said, all was working fine last night.
04-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Did you try rebooting, and then starting SageTV again?
If you did, it sounds like you may need to reinstall Java, but I'm sure Jeff will pop in with an answer.
04-27-2003, 06:58 PM
First, make backup copies of your Sage.properties, Wiz.bin and Wiz.bak files.
Second, delete your current Wiz.bin file
Third, rename your current Wiz.bak file to be Wiz.bin
Fourth, Try starting SageTV now and see if it works.
Alternatively, if you don't care about retaining your settings, then you can simply delete the Wiz.bin and Wiz.bak files and you'll be fine.
04-27-2003, 10:16 PM
Excellent! Works perfectly now. Thanks for responding so quickly.
BTW, this is one slick piece of engineering. Congratulations on a fine product.
04-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Spoke too soon. I deleted sage.properties, WIZ.BAK and WIZ.BIN files. Sage TV did come up. Now there is no EPG data. I tried going through the setup wizard again with no luck.
I'll have some time to try tonight but thought I'd bounce this off the group to avoid bangin my head against the wall. The only forum message I found pertaining to this problem mentioned to delete those same 3 files.
04-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Asked too soon! I removed SageTV *AND* deleted the 3 files *THEN* reinstalled from scratch. It works ok now.
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.