View Full Version : More STV ideas: Caller ID & WebCams
11-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Since I am powerless to implement (well, integrate) these w/o Studio ;-) thought I'd suggest them at least...
1: CallerID - Ideally, we'd start a thread to monitor the modem when Sage starts. On a call, we'd display the ID (optional linked photo?) on the bottom of the screen.
2: Along the lines of the RSS reader, let me create web-cam sources from the URL on the clipboard... For trafic, baby cams, etc. I'm talking webcams that produce periodic snap-shots here; nothing streaming [yet]
11-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Although I'm using CallerID Sentry, which works pretty well, I would love some more functionality in Caller ID.
1. An alias list. Sometimes the names show up 'strangely' on caller id. Would be nice to make a list saying "X" on caller id = "Y" when you display it.
2. Picture support would be very cool.
3. A scrollable call history page.
4. User defined font, size, and text color for the overlay
5. User definable init string for the modem. There are a lot of different (>6) different init strings to turn on CallerID on different modems. Need to be able to specify it so that any modem can be supported.
Ideally, when you get a call, it should pop it up on the screen - whether you are in a menu or watching video.
Just thoughts off the top of my head. I would have made some of those changes (#1 & #2) to CallerID Sentry, but I can't get ahold of the original author to get the source code from him, and I'm too lazy to start from scratch.
11-02-2004, 12:00 PM
I'd like to take up the caller ID in an STV module, but don't want to spend time on the telphony stuff. YAC seems like an easy way to jumpstart this.
Anyone have experience with YAC? Is it stable? Caller ID is not worth crashing my Sage server over.
11-03-2004, 10:58 AM
A web cam plug in video feed would be hugh.
Used for front door monitoring, garage door, baby's room, etc.
I see a lot of use for this. I wonder how hard it would be. Is there
any software out there right now that can capture a web cam's feed
to mpg format?
Then it could just be played back in Sage.tv as long as the file isn't
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.