View Full Version : So frustrated with these DNS updates...(XMLTV problem, not DNS)
01-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Sorry guys but I'm just so frustrated with the length of time that these DNS updates are taking that it's really starting to annoy me. It's been nearly two days now and I still can't get past the zip code request when running the setup wizzard.
The frustrating thing is that I don't need any listings, just to tell it that I want to use xmltv.
Obviously I don't fully understand whats been going on here but it seems to me that the whole transition to new servers has been handled poorly. Surely the old server should still be operation until all DNS changes have propogated and the new servers would surely be functional before making the move?
Are there any cheats that I can do here to get up and running?
01-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Did you try flushing the DNS as outlined in this post?
01-17-2005, 12:21 PM
sage does NOT access the EPG servers when using the XMLTV plugin.. unless your plugin has failed to load and it is falling back to the built-in EPG service
01-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Yes, I've tried the flush DNS and done a reboot. I've also flushed my local network DNS cache.
During the Setup Wizard it must contact the server to do a lookup on your zip code to see what providers exist in the area, even if you specify 00000. It's this that is stopping me from progressing.
01-17-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm curious...what happens if you actually enter your zip code instead of 00000?
01-17-2005, 12:37 PM
"There was an error connecting to the SaveTV Server."
Tried my florida zip, 34747.
00000 is the standard entry for xmltv I believe.
01-17-2005, 12:43 PM
I would send a support request.
01-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know what the name of the server is that it tries to resolve for this process?
If so, what is the new correct IP address?
01-17-2005, 12:54 PM
With XMLTV plugin, the zip code can be anything you like: it gets ignored
I have just configured a source with the XMLTV plugin and with the network cable unplugged!
01-17-2005, 12:57 PM
... and that 'error connecting to SageTV server' is also issued when the XMLTV plugin fails to load data (yes it is misleading)
01-17-2005, 01:15 PM
I remembered that as soon as I saw your post.
Went and checked sage.properties and the epgdata file and have now progressed.
Thanks for you help.
01-17-2005, 01:29 PM
01-28-2005, 03:19 PM
The instructions on using xmltv are out of date i believe
For Reference this always works for me...
You have to make sure the xmltv plugin is working correctly, ther most problems i have had was with the exerces.jar file i put it in the sage directory and that seemed to work
i reinstalled my sw the other day and i did the following;
1, download the xmltv data and make sure the file is called epgdata.xml and put it in you sagetv folder
2, Edit sage.properties to have the entry ;
3, Place the exerces.jar file in your sagetv folder
4, Run the setup wizard and select your source, then select use guide data, the next screen should say XMLData (or similar) and you can select it. the guide data should then be imported
01-29-2005, 12:22 AM
... and very important: make sure that there are no spaces at then end of the epg/epg_import_plugin properties line (Internet explorer always inserts a space at the end of a line copied from a web page, and Sage up to v 2.2.4 does not ignore spaces in this line)
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.