View Full Version : SageTV "hangs" on EPG-import from o2grabber
01-19-2005, 05:00 PM
I've been successfully using sagetv for a while, very satisfied with the looks and feel of it. Thanks! I've ran into a small problem though: last weekend I noticed that the "Next EPG update" was set to "0" hours. I first thought it was related to o2grabber. Yesterday I found that sagetv would "hang" if I grabbed more than 6 days of listings of TV3 Norway. Today it won't even import 1 day of listings from TV3. I checked the .xml-file, and it looks ok to me. This all worked very well before. Others have confirmed that they have no issues using other pvr-software with o2grabber. I'll gladly post the output file here if anyone wants to take a look at it. I suspect there's something in it that makes sagetv hang on import, which I can't seem to point out.
Using SageTV 2.1 with nielms customizable menu on xp pro sp2.
01-20-2005, 01:59 AM
When you say hang, do you mean the entire UI hangs (not even HOME key will work), or are you adding a new source, and it hangs during the 'contacting server' stage...
Have you tried the plugin tester to see if there is not a problem in your data (common problems are no timezone in start/stop times, no stop time for programs)
01-20-2005, 04:23 AM
I got a reply from the author of o2grabber saying This problem seem to occur because some channels have illegal characters in their programme titles and descriptions. This will be fixed in the 1.0.8 release.
When you say hang, do you mean the entire UI hangs (not even HOME key will work)
Correct. I think there should be some kind of a confirmation dialogue from sagetv when then the .xml is corrupt.
01-20-2005, 05:57 AM
Actually the epg importer should catch this sort of thing, and there should be no way for the importer to hang sage itself unless there ia a major failure in the JAVA JVM, which should not happen!...
Can you post a bad XML file here?
Do you know which XMLTV plugin you are using?
01-20-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm using the xmltv_multi_nielm import plugin. Thanks by the way!
I've attached the file below.
01-24-2005, 07:21 AM
Hi. I experienced the same problems two weeks ago. The reason is that there are some errors in the description for a TV-show on the website that O2grabber grabs from. The error was translated into a code that the xmltv importer plug-in wouldn't understand. The error should have disappeared by today because the TV-show was shown yesterday.
01-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Henki: indeed: <programme start="20050123162000 +0100" stop="20050123171000 +0100" channel="">
<title>Michael Jackson - Helt privat (2)</title>
and the invalid but of text was:moonwalk which trigged a failure in the XML parser...Odd that it caused Sage to hang -- it really should not do that...
I had better get round to putting some better error handling in that importer (too much to do, too little time..!)
01-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Grabbed a new epgdata file today and the error were gone. I've used this grabber the last 3 month and this error has only happened with the description for this show.
vBulletin® v3.7.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.