Go Back   SageTV Community > stuckless
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Conversation Between stuckless and mackb
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. mackb
    12-13-2016 12:53 PM
    mackb
    Yeah I didn't know whether to go with a post or a direct message. From looking at the SageTV documentation I am expecting the Delete key to offer the delete dialog for a given recording or imported item. This is what happens when using the delete key on the HD200 remote that I am used to.

If I map to the Backspace key in FLIRC it must be just doing a backspace in the MiniClient but I don't see anything happening in the interface. If I map to the forward_del it shows that as unmapped in the MiniClient. It would be nice to have that as the actual Delete functionality to delete a show if possible.

I actually do like your setup using the remote that comes with the Mi but I am unable to find spare remotes for it and those will definitely get lost at some point. I am counting on the FLIRC to be a secondary source for myself and the main source for my other family members.

Thanks,
    Mack
  2. stuckless
    12-13-2016 06:38 AM
    stuckless
    @mackb... this is likely something better to post in the forum section... but, to answer your question... I do have a flirc for testing, but I don't use it myself... I actually prefer the "dumb" remotes now that I've gotten used to them.

For the DELETE... what is the action that you are expecting...
    DELETE basically takes keys that are to the right of the cursor and removes them.
    BACKSPACE takes keys that are to the left of the cursor and removes them.

In the MINICLIENT it appears that I'm implementing DEL as being backspace... and I haven't mapped BACKSPACE at all... I can look at this.
  3. mackb
    12-12-2016 11:37 PM
    mackb
    I have 2 Mi boxes and I am working on implementing FLIRC with the original remote and the only key that I can't seem to get working is the Delete key. It doesn't show as unmapped but also doesn't do anything in the MiniClient. Do you have a solution for this or is this just a MiniClient issue?

Do you have a FLIRC to mess with? If not I would be glad to provide you with one to play around with. I am having another occasional issue where when I am using the Up key on the remote it sometimes does a random select but I can't get it to do it with the Down key. I don't think this is a MiniClient issue but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks,
    Mack Baggette
    mbaggette@gmail.com