STV: SageMC 16x9 Version 6.x (latest dev build)
This is the support thread for the latest development version of mlbdude's SageMC 16x9. For a new installation of SageMC the following steps are necessary:
If you are already using SageMC and just upgrading to a newer version, download the latest development STV version here and follow the other steps described above.
At this point I want to thank mlbdude again who gave us this awesome STV :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: . It is by far the most elegant and great looking Sage UI around, I really love it .
Installation instructions and download: here
More info on SageMC: SageMC Wiki (note that some of it is a bit outdated)
Instructions for generating a debug log file:
If you want to help diagnose problems:
- shutdown Sage
- add (or edit) the property debug_logging=TRUE (uppercase!) in the Sage property file (SageClient.properties if you are using client or SageTV service, else Sage.properties)
- add (or edit) the property plugins/df/debug_level=1 in Sage property file
- restart Sage
- follow any steps to reproduce the problem
- attach sagetvclient_0.txt (client/service) or sagetv_0.txt (standalone) to your post
Here's an excellent write-up from gplasky about the differences and pitfalls of *.xml, *.stv, and *.stvi files. This might be of help especially to new users who often get confused about this:
XML, STV, and STVi:
STV extension is the old SageTV Application Package extension.
You should think of these as Sage "skins" or "themes". This changes mostly what Sage looks like and it's functionallity. DELETE THESE THAT END IN STV! These are old and are limiting and will prevent you from loading the new STV "skins" or "themes".
XML is the NEW extension for these STV SageTV Application Package files.
(People have begun to refer to them as STVs.) Again, think of these as Sage "skins" or "themes". It's a look and functionallity.
NEVER IMPORT A STV !
You don't import a STV ("skin") in the default STV and most other STVs. You LOAD an STV. When you load an STV its extension ends in .xml.
STVi extension is the SageTV Application Package Import.
Think of these as a "plug-in" or "add-on" and is usually meant to add a single new function or application to SageTV. (Example: Video Edit, Netflix, MovieTimes, etc.)
NEVER LOAD AN STVi !
Never load an STVi. Bad things can happens. ALWAYS import an STVi. Let associate the "i" with Import.
SAGEMC IS AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULES !
SageMC was designed for particular ease of use and for use with a remote only. (For the most part) Because of that SageMC was never designed to handle Imports. That's why you don't see .STVi extensions in there. But what it CAN see is the .xml extension. Which is also the default extension for STV also. And this is where the confusion comes in. In SageMC, when importing a plugin you will see STV and Imports because they both use the .XML extension. You just need to be careful and understand what you are doing. Know the name of the import you wish to use. Look for imports specifically designed for SageMC. They will say so.
When you've hosed yourself, stop SageTV. (Quit, don't sleep) and modify the properties files and put this line back in:
Restart Sage and you will have the default skin loaded.
- first build, based on SageMC_16x9 v5_10 and SageMC Addon v0.6
- after stopping a media file playback, SageMC will now go back to the last menu instead of always going to the Main menu (property "plugins/df/sagemc/back_on_stop")
- the "My Menu" menu title can be renamed through a property ("plugins/df/sagemc/mymenu_name")
- leaving the detailed setup menu with "Left" (when using 'left_as_back') now possible
- added 'Unresolved Recording Conflict' icon to main menus (property "plugins/df/sagemc/show_conflict_icon") - Note: this is *disabled* by default, set it to 'true' if you want it to be displayed)
- incorporated changes suggested by nielm for integrating his RSS plugin
- fixed bug where deleted show still showed up in subgroup listing
- added STV version info
- fixed bug with LiveTV not working from main menu
- title and desc corrections for 4x3 screens
- added view mode filter to schedule
- added view mode filter to movies
- added filter to grouped recordings
- added encoder icons
- included MeInMaui's new showicons pack v2
- settings of all addon features can now be configured inside of SageMC on new settings menu
- added larger video preview window
- added series premieres filter on schedule screen
- added easy title search which updates results on the fly
- preview window (show title) is now selectable again
- fixed wrapping issue in program description for good
- basic configuration options (almost) complete
- added option to remove channel numbers in EPG
- added toggle for ShowID info
- added 12 sec comskip inactivity wait when jumping backwards
- full implementation of standard Sage conflict resolution
- sounds can now be disabled in the settings menu
- added evilpenguins extension for minimizing Sage after starting external programs from the 'Other Programs' screen
- added recording icons for the list "Other Showings"
- fixed missing 'Left_as_back' functionality in several menus.
- fixed remaining code where the movie category was hardcoded
- added options "Default Start/Stop Padding" for favorites
- added SortByDate/SortByOriginalDate to subgroup menu
- added 'Year' attribute to Favorite settings.
- added text entry and directory file listing to ease input of values in SageMC settings
- added an option to display the vertical 'current time' bar in the EPG
- 'Premieres' filter does now show also Season premieres
- added option to limit lookahead for premieres search
- extra info (on Info toggle) now also shows extra airing details (CC, Stereo, Premiere, etc) in addition to the external ShowID
- addded HDTV icons in guide
- use separate "currently recording" icons for each tuner
- added three customizable main menu options whcih can be linked to any internal Sage screen
- title of 'My Menu' screen can now be set on options page
- added Erase button to keyboard entry on options page
- added option to set color for options menu background (try 0x5E86C3 for MCE theme)
- added option to disable guide coloring
- reorganized SageMC options into logical groups
- fixed day not updating in Guide By Channel
- fixed detail info not showing up when Guide is shown initially
- setting "disable stop popup" now also affects preview window (for MVP users)
- added more information to Settings/Info (hostname, IP, etc)
- fixed an issue with back command in movie/categories
- you can now switch to lowercase in the text entry dialog by pressing "Play" button
- fixed file selection box for meta data xml
- fixed icon layout
- premieres screen will indicate if show is already scheduled to record
- fixed search dialog for music/videos
- default padding now also applies to manual recordings
- added setting to enable autoshow of timebar when autoskip is enabled
- added setting to enable saving for partial manual recordings
- added configuration options for Placeshifter in Detailed Setup
- added missing Play/Pause listeners
- fixed delete dialog in OSD screen
- fixed cut-off HDTV icon
- added "Show All Icons" setting to disable mutual exclusion of icons (default=off)
- added jump table for My Videos
- added ability to exclude archived shows when 'No Filter' is selected (default=off)
- favorite status can now be toggled from EPG
- added ability to delete a whole group of shows (in 'Grouped' view)
- fixed reset of watched status
- added watched length bars (default=off)
- added ability to minimize on sleep (default=off)
- added Numeric Text Entry throughout all input screens
- internal: slimmed down STV size by 1 MB (by eliminating unused default STV code)
- added "Sort ascending/Descending" options for date sorts (by Date / Grouped)
- "Record" button will not be shown in prog info if show is already recording
- modified menu title if "without archive" option is enabled
- added grouped view for schedules, movies, and watched history
- added watched filter for movies
- added "Sort by year" for movies
- favorite editor now allows to select all channels the show is airing on
- cleaned up / fixed existing comskip code
- added edl comskip support
- added start/stop commskip delay options (works for txt and edl)
- added 'Sort by date / Sort by Title / Group by category' to 'Suggestions' menu
- added time bar to additional info in Program Info
- added .my file support with auto generation/cleanup
- added 'Delete All Playlists" item in Playlist manager
- added option for showing all 10 days in 'My Weather' forecast
- added configuration for commercial breaks alpha value
- fixed timed recording issue
- fixed music queue
- rewrote OSD animation code / fixed music options menu
- 6.9a: added comskip on left/right buttons
- 6.9b: fixed OSD options menu not showing up in certain cases
- 6.9b: added "-" ('#') handling of default STV in channel tuning
- 6.9b: added watched bars for My TV menu
- 6.9b: made additional info setting in Program Info menu sticky
- added temporary setting for auto-comskip
- scroll through Program Info from Guide
- added option to bring up OSD Options menu on 'Select'
- added optional diskbar display
- added IMDB lookup for TV recordings
- added option to set default for filter in Movies menu
- added "Sort By Star Rating" to Movies screen
- added "Search by Actor" to Search menu
- added a blinking text cursor to the text entry dialogs (can be disabled)
- added 'cancel' button to "Keep partial recording ?" dialog
- shows can be marked as watched / dontlike while playing
- automatic .my files generation will now includes library files too
- generated .my file info for TV shows will now also fill the fields title, actors, and overview
- .my file overview is now shown in OSD info
- after saving the IMDB info for a video it now returns directyly to the Video Info screen
- if a video is playing in the preview window on the Main menu, 'left' will return back to full screen Video
- when a grouped item is selected in a grouped view, the first itme in the list is now focused instead of the menu buttons
- added a 'recording' indicator to the menu screens (default is disabled)
- OSD info in the video screen can now be canceled with 'Left' before the OSD timeout
- added 'Stop' button to stop dialog at the end of playback
- added jump table to Music / By Artist
- album art to Music / By Artist
- after a song from the queue has finished playing, it will now get automatically removed from the queue (that's for you Mike :))
- when playing a video playlist it starts to play in fullscreen instead of the preview window
- added a new clock format to show date and 24hr time
- update parental locks screens to match SageMC themes (thanks to kricker for his help !)
- added group name to 'Video Info' if .my file info is read
- re-grouped SageMC options
- added setting to show paused video instead of 'Stopped' icon in preview window (can be disabled)
- added support for XMLTV importer DD, DS, and 16:9 icons
- now showing separate icons for series recording/not recording
- added online/offline icons to video library view (sorry geogecko it took so long ... ;)) (default is disabled)
- added setting to disable comskip on left/right for those who have volume control mapped to these buttons
- updated Focus Gained/ Focus Lost hooks in STV to be compatible with upcoming 5.1 beta
- corrected width of My Menu items so that they wont overlap the video preview window any more
- made another change to the HD channel entry which hopefully will fix it for good
- fixed issue with watched shows showing up when "Unwatched" filter selected in Recorded TV
- fixed the 24:00 clock display issue
- fixed my menu title when using dynamic main menu
- fixed accidental deletion of custom group attribute on dvdprofiler update and title change
- added setting to disable global volume OSD (if using combined left/right/volume remote mappings)
- fixed issue with always going to LiveTV on BACK in main menu
- fixed SELECT in DVD navigation
- fixed black screen on DELETE in Stop dialog
- fixed stop dialog popping up for video playlists
- fixed conflict_resolved icon
- OptionsMenu now default for SELECT
- improved IMDB lookup
- now using nielm's new 4.0 imdb JAR file
- IMDB lookup image cache
- support for fullsize genre icons
- clip recording
- exit command
- access to episodes in IMDB search
- IMDB trivia/quotes now scrollable
- updated manual IMDB search dialog
- 'Info' in Program Info now also toggles display of file name and file size
- added setting to disable queue update
- added listener for REC in 'Other Showings'
- added 15 mins increase/decrease of fav padding options with Skip Fwd/Skip Bkwd
- added watched bar setting in SageMC options back
- fixed Custom3 menu issue
- 6.11a: removed dependency to df_sageutils.jar
- 6.11a: added combine Volume/Left-Right listeners to OSD
- 6.11a: added functionality to permanently change show category to alias definition
- fixed Custom3 menu issue
- added custom exit cmd menu item which can be renamed
- added option to show IMDB pics in OSD and Guide info
- added functionality to change the category for any video file
- added options menu for video (single file/folder): change category, .my file, add to playlist
- implemented scrollable edit widget (SageMC options and video/music search)
- fixed "remove from custom group"
- fixed "delete custom group"
- fixed .myfile generation for music files
- added clock font size setting
- added "Unarchive" button for archived TV content
- revamped picture library
- added pic fwd/backwd to single picture view
v6.13a (Note: this is the last version supporting SageTV 5.x):
- enhanced scrollable text widget
- use folder.jpg for picture folders
- separate setttings for "View By List/Folder" in video library
- improved file selection dialog
- auto-comskip configuration by title
- glassy diskbar
- automatic series genre icon generation
- integrated Morgan's weather maps
- Google Video integration for v6 beta
- fixed issue with channel digits not showing up in info on channel change
- fixed dvd ffwd operation
- added option to specify destination for pressing 'Delete' in the Stop dialog ('Back On Delete')
- updated themes of RSS feed menus
- fixed missing pic folders on 'Sort By Date' if they had the same time stamps
- added settings for some font sizes
- movies by year are now grouped by title, eliminating multiple entries
- video preview on 10-day forecast
- compatibility with auto-aspect plugin
- view by artist includes composer tag
- empty watched history
- missing auto-comskip for library files
- delete show did not delete
- OSD in DVD took up whole screen
- watched bars for recent recordings did not use property setting
- file selector box issue
- numeric input in non-NTE mode not working
- currently airing shows not shown in "Other Airings"
- added "Back to Google" button in OSD
- delete skips Program Info menu on back
- auto-generation of genre icons searches now all episodes for an existing icon
- Google Search Dialog now using SageMC theme
- added all/upcoming filter for search results
- added options menu for rotating pictures (new 6.0 functionality)
- delete pictures
- added two more custom main menus
- added default STV delete dialog (configurable in SageMC settings)
- added configuration for wrapped Date/Time display
- added weather bar in Main Menu (thanks to Mike !)
- updated nielm's dynamic menus to the latest 5.3 version
:goodjob: I love the detailed recording time.
A few quick things I notices:
-Not sure if it was intended, but I have a show showing up as being recorded 64 minutes ago, which looks a little awkward.
-My SageMC folder stucture has the images folder at "\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images\", but your zip is putting your new images into "\STVs\SageMCE\Images\"
Thanks for this Flachbar, some good additions to my favourite STV :D
One query though, I'm slightly confused about the 'Grouped' sort option in the Recordings menu and how to use it. At the moment I have about 30 recorded programs but none of them show up when 'Grouped' is active. Is there somewhere that we need to group recordings ourselves manually?
So your recording list is empty when you switch to the new option ? This is weird ... Can you send me your wiz.bin so that I can debug the issue ?
I prefer to have *one* toggle button for the guide, so that I can press the guide button to bring it up, and the same to get back where I was. The EPG-for-one-channel view is still accessible when you bring up the options menu within the guide, but I hardly ever use it ...
it sorts my recordings by date first, then groups recordings with the same name together in a 'folder'
could be wrong though, i dont know why you wouldnt have any recordings showing when you sort by group
So for all who did not see the new firstrun icons and movie markings, I just uploaded V0.2 which will put the images into the correct location.
Sorry for that,
And remember, once you imported it and decide that you dont like some of the features, you can easily disable any of them by changing the corresponding setting in the property file ....
Just going to try leaving my mvp unplugged for a while to see if that forces it to fully reload the STV.
Yep no probs, already moved the folders to the correct loaction. The weird thing is I can see the images and get the correct grouping functionality using my client pc but not my mvp.
I added two other features to the addon:
- the currently showing movies screen "On Now" is now sorted descending (which makes much more sense to me ;)) , so that the most recently started shows appear on top (property plugins/df/sagemc/on_now_desc)
- while in the Guide, pressing the 'Play' button on a channel will play the selected show in the preview window which allows for channel surfing without leaving the guide (property plugins/df/sagemc/play_in_guide)
I also added a more distinctive firstrun icon, if you dont like it the old one is still available as firstrun_old.png, just copy it over ...
v0.4 can be downloaded here
:thumb: I like the new first run icon. My vision is pretty bad and I was having a hard time telling the old first run from the watched icon.
Thanks for providing these addons. This is good stuff. I've made a couple of simple modifications in my SageMC setup that I have found to be really useful. I thought I'd suggest them to you.
When recordings are grouped by Title, I have the subgroup sorted (decending) by OriginalAiringDate. This puts all of the episodes in their original run order. For example, I have 98 episodes (and counting) of 24 waiting to be watched and they are niclely sorted in order from seasons 1 thru 5. (I just have to find some time to watch them)
The other modification is I added the movie release year next to the movie title in the detailed info box in the guide, recorded programs list, etc. (just like in the latest original STV). This has greatly helped in deciding what movies to record. My wife really likes both of these changes, as well as all of the ones you provided.
Thanks again for sharing your work.
Just installed this. Great new features, thank you.
What is "Grouped?" I've looked at it compared to "By Title" and can't tell a difference, other than it's not in alphabetacal order.
Also, since you seem to be the import guru, is there any chance this could be added to the import?
That would be sweet!
Thanks for the suggestions,
While we're talking small changes, I made a quick, one line, change to the "Other Programs " menu that quits sage instead of putting it to sleep when you launch something. Then I just have the batch file I run, relaunch Sage after the other program quits. Or if its something I want to run in the background while I work in Sage, I just relaunch SageTV manually with a button on my remote.
I've found that this is very handy when you're launching DirectX stuff like games that don't play nice when Sage is in sitting in FSE mode in the background.
What about a convention that if the name of the link ends with a certain suffix (e.g. "_x"), the STV code will exit Sage, otherwise it will go to sleep. This way you can configure the behavior separately for each program without touching the STV ...
Great work Flachbar! I love SageMC and your Addons are just the thing I've been missing. Only one thing though....After I unzipped the file preserving the directory structure then I go to import the custom STVi, and it's not listed. What gives? Anyone care to help? Thanks!
The addons are in the file "sagemc_addon_0_4.xml", which I think will only show up in the lastest SageMC 16x9 dev build that supports XML files. You can get the latest dev build off the download page and load it by switching to windowed mode, pressing "shift+ctrl+f12" to launch studio, and selecting file->load STV->SageMC_16x9.xml.
flachbar- :thumb: I like that idea a bunch
any plans to add more color coded categories in the epg?
im by far a novice studio user, but i have modified sagemc a bit with my own little touches and even a new album cover+artist sort method for music. and was thinking of seeing if i could add some color coding to other genres of programing. but i didnt start out with the intention of exporting my changes to stvi (something i wish i would have done, if not just for upgrade purposes) and after reading how to create an stvi, i can already tell its something that, at least right now, is way over my head.
however if its something you are working on in the future, i might just hold off.
Just wanted to ask if there is something special that needs to be done to get this to work
"while in the Guide, pressing the 'Play' button on a channel will play the selected show in the preview window which allows for channel surfing without leaving the guide (property plugins/df/sagemc/play_in_guide)"
When I press play the video in the preview window stops. Also, if I select "unwatched" for recordings, my movies that have been watched still show up. Are there some settings I need to adjust? Thanks:)
My order of install:
SageMC16x9 Latest Dev Build
SageMC Addon v0.4
Are these the files I should be using? What about you're xml file, not the add-on? Thanks again for the help and work on this.:D
SageMC Addon v0.4
Love the addon's BTW!!!!!!! Sweet!!!!
Did a complete re-install of Sage. I noticed that the entry (property plugins/df/sagemc/play_in_guide) doesn't show in the properties file. If I add it I still can't get the preview to work and my watched movies still show in the "unwatched" list (different problem?). No biggie, just thought I'd pass it along. Thanks again:goodjob:
This is really weird that it still wouldn't work, if you want you can send me your STV file and I'll have a look ...
First off, Dirk thanks for the updates to this STV. I just noticed a quirk/bug with the stv. I have a recording today that I modified the start time +2 hours and the end time +2 hours (it is for a hockey game that was not listed correctly in the EPG). On the original STV it shows correctly in the Scheduled recordings screen, on the SageMC stv it still shows the start and end times at the original time that was listed in the EPG.
Is this something you can fix?
v0.5 is available here, with the following additions/fixes:
- added year to movie titles in detail info
- added ability to exit sage after executing links in "Other Programs"
- series shows in subgroup ('Grouped' mode) are now sorted by original airing date
- fixed incorrectly sorted movie list when sort order was not "On Now"
- detailed recording times will only be reported in minutes when < 1 hr
- detailed recording times will also be reported when show airs the following day
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.