SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Windows screensaver problem.

I just upgraded my server system and wanted to use it as a source to watch Videos. I upgraded to a new video card and set things up so that SageTV 7 is run directly through the USB-UIRT. It works quite well except that the windows screensaver doesn't realize that the display is being used to it kicks in after about 5 minutes. I could turn it off, but I sorta like to have it if I'm not using the computer for anything. It will wake, or keep from starting the screensaver, with a mouse or keyboard action, but is there a way to get it to recognize that I'm using SageTV?

I'm sure it's some stupid little parameter that needs to be set, either in Windows or in SageTV but if I do a search for it I just get a lot of irrelevant stuff.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Sage Icon

What OS ?

I just checked. My Win7 client PC screen saver is set to 15 mins. It never kicks in during SageTV video playback. Though occassionally after a long movie, the PC will insta-sleep once SageTV is stopped.
SageTV server: Win 7 Ult x64, Gigabyte EP43T-UD3L, Core 2 Duo E7500, 16 GB ram, HD 6870, 32GB Corsair SSD system, 3TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, 2x Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4240HDC, USB-UIRT 2 zones

SageTV client: Win 7 Ult x64, USB-UIRT, Logitech Harmony One
Old 04-14-2012, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

If you go into power management there is a setting for the screensaver not to kick in while playing videos.

HT Client: i3 530, evga h55 board, OCZ ssd, 8gb ddr3, AMD 6670. Mitsubishi HC4000, 120" DIY AT screen, Gyration RF MCE remote (awesome) X-Box 360 control for roms

Living Room Client: Foxconn a3700 with kingston SSD, 4gb ddr3, Crystal HD. 65" Panasonic VT60, Keyspan RF MCE remote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
What OS ?

I just checked. My Win7 client PC screen saver is set to 15 mins. It never kicks in during SageTV video playback. Though occassionally after a long movie, the PC will insta-sleep once SageTV is stopped.
Korben:

Win7 Pro (64). The behavior is intermittent. The screensaver *was* kicking in, but now it's not. Also, sometimes the taskbar is visible and sometimes it's not. I set the SageTV window to be "on top" but taskbar still shows about half the time.

I bought Girder, but never figured out how to use it with SageTV so I just activated the USB-UIRT as the input device and connected the codes. I was a bit surprised that there were two codes for each remote button. They alternate, so you have to "learn" both of them or you have to press the button twice. Anyway, this works so well (except for the screensaver thing) that I moved the extender into the other room.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
If you go into power management there is a setting for the screensaver not to kick in while playing videos.
Not that I can see. Under Display there's only an option for time and under Multimedia Settings/When playing video there's just 3 quality settings which I have set to "optimize quality". Under Multimedia Settings/When sharing media I have "Prevent idling to sleep" but that's all I can find.