SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Sage User

Hiding Commercial Skip Data?

I know this is an odd request, but is there any way to make sage not show me where the commercial skips are while I'm watching a show? I ask because I use Sage to record baseball games, and I find it frustrating to be able to tell how long the next inning is going to be, or how many innings there are, etc. etc. I have the baseball package, which means that when the game is over there are no more commercials at all, since it just shows a solid consistent image. That means that when it goes into the top of the 9th, I can tell whether there is going to be a bottom of the 9th or not. It really ruins a lot of the suspense to have this information, and while I do try to ignore it a lot of the time, it's not always possible.

Any ideas? I do still want the commercial skipping to work, I just don't want to know about it.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I thought there was an option in the settings (in detailed setup) to not display markers on the timeline.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

I had to disable comskip for football games for this reason, that and it wasn't all that accurate.

HT Client: i3 530, evga h55 board, OCZ ssd, 8gb ddr3, AMD 6670. Mitsubishi HC4000, 120" DIY AT screen, Gyration RF MCE remote (awesome) X-Box 360 control for roms

Living Room Client: Foxconn a3700 with kingston SSD, 4gb ddr3, Crystal HD. 65" Panasonic VT60, Keyspan RF MCE remote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I thought there was an option in the settings (in detailed setup) to not display markers on the timeline.
I just went through everything and didn't see that. Any chance you can be more specific? Sorry if I'm just missing something obvious.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

If you use SRE (Sage Recording Extender) you can disable the timeline.

Sage Server: ASUS/Intel C2D based system w/4GB RAM. WinXP Home, Hauppauge PVR 150, Hauppauge HVR-2250 and an HDHR. Runs headless. Accessed via VNC when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
If you use SRE (Sage Recording Extender) you can disable the timeline.

That's awesome. Found this, trying it tonight. Stoked to have this problem solved, thanks!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDerek View Post
I just went through everything and didn't see that. Any chance you can be more specific? Sorry if I'm just missing something obvious.
Maybe try:
Setup = Detailed Setup => Customize => Comskip Playback Options (almost end of list) => Other Visual Options => Show Timeline on Skip
Old 04-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Maybe try:
Setup = Detailed Setup => Customize => Comskip Playback Options (almost end of list) => Other Visual Options => Show Timeline on Skip
Don't appear to have a comskip playback options entry in that menu. However, comskip also doesn't appear to be working (I just reinstalled windows this morning and am in the process of getting everything back up and running, I've installed the Commercial Detector Plugin but it doesn't seem to be detecting commercials just yet), so maybe once I get it working, that'll show up.

Honestly though, the builtin feature for disabling it only on SRE recordings is even more awesome, since I still get my visible comskip during other shows. Best of both worlds!

Thanks again for the help
Old 04-20-2012, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

I agree - the ability to disable this was sheer brilliance on Tom's part. This is even more necessary for hockey playoffs when the game is close and the regulation time is almost up. From the length of the timeline you know whether the game goes into OT which spoils things.
Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, 2xHD-PVR(connected to SA3250HD+SA4250HD-Rogers Cable), HDHR(2xOTA), HVR-1850(one OTA, one connected to SA3200 SD cable box), 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Old 04-21-2012, 08:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I agree - the ability to disable this was sheer brilliance on Tom's part. This is even more necessary for hockey playoffs when the game is close and the regulation time is almost up. From the length of the timeline you know whether the game goes into OT which spoils things.
Precisely why I added this feature. I was tired of knowing in advance if the hockey game was going into overtime. Of course living in Central Florida and watching the Lightning, maybe I could have saved a lot of time by not watching until the end

Sage Server: ASUS/Intel C2D based system w/4GB RAM. WinXP Home, Hauppauge PVR 150, Hauppauge HVR-2250 and an HDHR. Runs headless. Accessed via VNC when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Don't feel too bad as there are millions of Leafs fans in the Toronto area that would give their left nut to have won a Stanley Cup as recently as the Bolts have.

P.s. Any progress on my feature request to not show the "timeline disabled" when you are using this? This does take up screen real estate so there's no point in displaying it when there is no timeline to display.
Sage7 on Win7Pro-i660CPU with 4.6TB, 2xHD-PVR(connected to SA3250HD+SA4250HD-Rogers Cable), HDHR(2xOTA), HVR-1850(one OTA, one connected to SA3200 SD cable box), 2xHD-300, 8xHD-200 Extenders, Client+2xPlaceshifter and a WHS which acts as a backup Sage server
Old 04-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Sage User

OK, so it works for hiding the timeline now, but the commercial skipping doesn't work anymore. If I enable the timeline, commercial skipping works, then I disable it, and commercial skipping stops working again. Is this expected behavior, or is something wrong?
Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't bother comskipping sporting events since I do so much skipping anyway that I don't see much point in using comskip. So that means I have never seen this problem but that may be because I am not using this feature with instances where I have .edl files.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Don't feel too bad as there are millions of Leafs fans in the Toronto area that would give their left nut to have won a Stanley Cup as recently as the Bolts have.

P.s. Any progress on my feature request to not show the "timeline disabled" when you are using this? This does take up screen real estate so there's no point in displaying it when there is no timeline to display.
I know I shouldn't complain. Seeing Marty, Vinny and the Stammer play is awesome

I haven't even looked at suppressing the "timeline disabled" message. Sorry.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDerek View Post
OK, so it works for hiding the timeline now, but the commercial skipping doesn't work anymore. If I enable the timeline, commercial skipping works, then I disable it, and commercial skipping stops working again. Is this expected behavior, or is something wrong?
That's working as designed. My experience is that comskip is not accurate enough on sporting events so I never enable auto-skip for them.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just a "me too": I don't comskip sports because: 1. As discussed, it gives it away. 2. I ride the remote a lot when watching delayed sports anyway.

Server: SageTV 7