SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Sage Expert

Want to change Drive Sage is installed on - easiest method?

Wanting to change the Drive I have Sage (V6) installed on.

What would be the easiest method to perform it?
Would prefer not to have to start from scratch and have to reconfigure everything.

Is there a method to shut down Sage Service, copy/move the SageTV directory, maybe a few registry/sage.properties edits and be up and running again?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Is there a method to shut down Sage Service, copy/move the SageTV directory, maybe a few registry/sage.properties edits and be up and running again?
- You can use the NET command that allows you to start/stop services from command line
- Copy using ROBOCOPY a free M$ utility that helps you to preserve file/user accounts attributes

Why you want to copy registry settings? Is the other drive on a different machine?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Sage Expert

Currently, Sage is installed at c:\SageTV, I want to be able to have it at e:\SageTV.

Understand how to stop/start the service.
Just unsure what all might need to be modified by having Sage run from e: instead of the current c: drive.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Currently, Sage is installed at c:\SageTV, I want to be able to have it at e:\SageTV.

Just unsure what all might need to be modified by having Sage run from e: instead of the current c: drive.
A friend of mine has two versions of Sage installed on the same machine (and drive) and renames the main directory to SageTV the one he want to use, I think the reason is because of some path settings in the registry, other than that it should work as everything is "relative" to the sage installation directory AFAIK.

EDIT: Also, I might have a similar requirement as you in the near future as I would like to copy SageTV in a RamDisk during the day, run it from there and copy back the sensible files before shutting down the server during the night...

Last edited by routerunner; 05-04-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

There are some paths in the sage.properties file that would have "C:\SageTV" in it, so you'd want to fix those.