SageTV V6.2.7 Release Candidate is ready!
Time again for another Release Candidate with V6.2. Give this one a good pounding and let us know of any issues you find.
Again (second time now!), we've got all 9 downloads ready at once.
As always, you can report bugs you find here: http://sagetv.com/bugs.html. For forum discussions, please start new threads.
Here's the links:
SageTV for Windows
SageTVClient for Windows
SageTVPlaceshifter for Windows
SageTV for Windows Home Server
NOTE: For the WHS setup you can copy it to the Add-Ins folder in the Software share. Then install it through the WHS console. It even has a tab.
SageTV Media Center for Macintosh
SageTV Client for Macintosh
SageTV Placeshifter for Macintosh
SageTV Media Center for Linux
SageTV Placeshifter for Linux
Here's the overly detailed release notes for the 6.2.7 version:
SageTV V6.2.7 Release Notes 8/29/2007 Release Candidate 2
1. update Norway-CanalDigital 5 DVB-C frequencies, thank Svein Andre Nilsen
2. Fixed bug where digital TV lineups that didn't have an actual lineup wouldn't allow scanned channels to be added
3. Fixed bug where we'd try to open a tuning plugin with no name
4. Fixed bug in transcoding percent complete when you did a transcode job with no set duration that didn't start at the beginning
5. Updated text rendering system to use more accurate text positioning for 3D renderers & extenders
6. Re-introduced memory usage optimization that removes redundant storage of imported mediafile metadata. Last time we tried this; it caused all thumbnails from music files to disappear (but now we've fixed that issue).
7. Optimized memory usage for text rendering by fitting more glyphs into the cached image
8. Fixed bug where the new 'prefix command' feature for IR tuning plugins didn't work correctly unless a confirm command was also defined
9. Optimized display list culling to remove null image operations
10. Perform removal of unwanted generated thumbnail files right after we check for their existence; don't wait until the scan is complete.
11. Refresh the UI after coming out of sleep mode
12. Fixed bug in ActiveRender where it would spin for 10 seconds when the window was hidden if things were timed just right
13. Fixed 100% CPU usage for 10 seconds when putting SageTV into the system tray and 3D acceleration is enabled
14. Added complete Java MP3+ID3 parser so that we can import MP3 files MUCH faster
15. Added detection of scrambled transport stream files
16. Major optimizations to media file importing speed (MP3s, MPEG2-PS & MPEG2-TS files will import MUCH faster now)
17. Fix: TS format recording CRC bug, mostly happens on H.264 TS recording
18. FIX: DBV-S H.264 recording bug
1. Updated AC3Filter to latest stable version 1.46
2. Recompiled SageTVTranscoder & SageTVPlayer & native image loaders with newer version of GCC (fixes Ogg crash)
3. Fixed capture device category issue with HDHR
4. Fixed another DirectX9 text rendering corruption bug
5. Fixed bug where we would mute the audio on Windows incorrectly when using SageTVPlayer
6. Fix: broken OnAir QAM support code (6.2.6)
7. Fixed bug with multiple audio streams appearing during the middle of playback and not being able to select them
8. FIX: Mantis 2033 DVB-C support broken code (its capture tuner inputpin is not ATENNTA pin)
9. Fixed bug where DVD menus didn't show up on Vista
1. When creating video thumbnails on Linux; 'nice' the process that is doing the thumbnail generation
2. Fixed hanging problem in DirecTVSerial control when 115200 baud fails
3. Fix tuning issue for Argentina
Media Extender Updates
1. Re-enabled use of the internal remuxer (it got temporarily disabled in V6.2.6)
2. Added property "enable_internal_push_remuxer" which if set to false will disable usage of the new V6.2 TS->PS remuxer for streaming TS files to the extenders. This is a less efficient way of sending the file; but it's meant to correct problems with files recorded using unsupported network encoders that worked fine in V6.1 but had issues in V6.2.
3. Fixed bug where 720x480@25fps MPEG-2 files were being transcoded when sent to a PAL extender
1. Fixed bug where the server wasn't waiting for pull-mode placeshifter/extender clients to completely close their media player connection. This would cause file deletions to fail sometimes.
1. Fixed bug where new_java_io_File(String, String) didn't work anymore
1. Changed references for "Imported Videos" to "Videos"
2. Moved the playback bar to be below the music browser content area only & expanded the icon bar to always extend to the bottom of the screen.
3. For each media browser, added icon bar links to the other media browsers.
4. Fixed right edge shape of category color area for grouped airings in row mode.
5. Fixed YouTube videos to handle changed video link format.
6. Fixed Instant Search to check non-keyboard number input also.
7. Stop photo thumbnail generation process if that dialog closes before all photos are done.
8. Updated the Back, Filter, Video Lib, and Rec Schedule icon bar images.
9. Hidden: added a link to the Partial Recordings menu from the malore recordings menu.
10. Added prefaded versions of marker images used to indicate filter status on the Search Results category bar, so the STV doesn't have to fade them. Also faded MR & Fav outlines.
11. When selecting the IR tuning plugin, changed the USB-UIRT error message from a Windows-specific message to one that should work for any OS. (yes, USB-UIRT support is coming for the Mac)
12. When drawing the color for an airing's category, check the subcategory's color if there is no color for the category.
13. Changed SageTV Recordings filter category selection dialog to put the options for Done, None, and the inclusion/exclusion option to the left of the category list. Sort filter dialog has Close and Reverse option to the left.
14. Only show the playback info & controls on the music browser if playback is active; otherwise, allow the music browser to fill the screen.
15. Themed the color & alpha values for some shape widgets used as colored fill or borders.
Founder of SageTV
I missed two files that should have been in the installer.
This adds the two icon bar images for jumping to the music and photo browsers from the other media browsers.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|SageTV V6.2.6 Release Candidate is Ready!||Narflex||SageTV Beta Test Software||3||08-25-2007 11:00 PM|
|SageTV V5.0.5 Release Candidate for Linux||Narflex||SageTV Linux OEM Edition||4||06-30-2006 12:22 PM|
|SageTV V4.1.14 Release Candidate Is Available||Narflex||SageTV Beta Test Software||98||04-24-2006 06:59 PM|