SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Customizations > SageTV Customizations

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-09-2009, 09:06 PM
aflat aflat is offline
Sage Aficionado
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 302
FWChannelProxy

I tried posting this on babgvant's forums, but didn't get any responses, so I'll try here.

I'm trying to get this to work, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me. I have a moto box(FIOS QIP7100), channel.exe line is

channelw.exe -f -a6 %DEVICE% %CHANNEL%

Which still works fine, so I changed to try to use FWChannelProxy, using the updated version in the FWChannelProxy thread, and using the reg keys SendA = 6, SendKey = 0(which works with channel.exe, so I know 0 works) and SendMin is 1000, since I need 4 digits. I changed the tuning_plugin line in sage.properties from exemultitunerplugin.dll to FWChannelProxy2.dll, my device is 2 as well. Confirmed again with channel.exe. Nothing seems to happen when I change channels in sage. The log file isn't too helpful, I just get1 line per try of

DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH

I tried a depends on the dll, and I get a warning of 'Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module." for both IEFrame.dll and SHLWAPI.dll, but this could be a red herring, I was just desperate. I'm using Vista Sp1, 32bit. Anything else I might try?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Kingstud Kingstud is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2
Fixing DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH errors

I was having the same problem with the DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH errors. After about an hour of troubleshooting, I believe I figured out how to fix it.

Browse to the the channel setup in SageTV, then to the tuning device in question (HD PVR for me), then take not of the text shown in the Tuning Device field. It should read something like FWChannelProxy2 [devicename]. Since the channel changing is not working, I am guessing [devicename] is something other than 'StubDevice'. If so, I believe this is why the channel changing is not functioning. Here are the steps to fix it:

1. Copy C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\StubDevice.ir
2. Paste the file into C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\FWChannelProxy2
3. Edit your sage.properties (close the SageTV application and stop the SageTV service first) file so that the device_name property for the conerned tuner points to StubDevice. Searching for the text "FWChannelProxy2" should you put you in the right vicinity. For me (HD PVR), the line looks like so:
mmc/encoders/-431556906/90/0/device_name=StubDevice

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.