SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

multiple XMLTV line-up or not?

Hi all,

I just wanted to poll the forum to see how those of you with multiple tuners are doing the XMLTV line-up in SageTV.

Assuming that you have multiple tuners set up with the exact same channel frequencies in there freq files (as I do with my HDHR), is it best to have 2 separate XMLTV line-up files? (in my case generated by Stephane's XLMTV importer)

When I set SageTV up a few weeks ago I set the 2nd tuner to use the program guide of tuner 1 - opting NOT to make a copy. But I am wondering if in the long run there may be a problem with this.

Thoughts?

Thanks

mevans
Server: ASUS P7P55D, Core i5 750 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, Antec Three Hundred, 1x TBS 6284 PCI-E DVB-T2 Quad (OTA HD 'Freeview'), 2x HD Homerun dual tuners (OTA SD 'Freeview'), WHS OS installed on Seagate 250GB SATAII, Recording to 9TB Storage Pool (64k clusters)
SageTV version: 7.1.9
HDHomerun's plugged into mobo NIC via giga switch
2nd NIC to home network
Program Guide: DigiGuide Birtles Grabber XMLTV Importer for SageTV
Clients: Two HD200, One HD300, Client on PC, Placeshifter on PC
Old 03-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevans View Post
Assuming that you have multiple tuners set up with the exact same channel frequencies in there freq files (as I do with my HDHR), is it best to have 2 separate XMLTV line-up files? (in my case generated by Stephane's XLMTV importer)
One lineup is all you need if the two tuners are receiving the exact same channels. You even don't have to use the SageTV copy / reuse lineup feature, you can select the same XMLTV lineup for both tuners.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have Freeview and Freesat, each with multiple tuners. I have separate line-ups for Freeview and Freesat only because the channels don't completely overlap. I can see no point in having separate ones for each tuner, I think that would be confusing. Both line-ups use the same numbers for the common channels of course, so each only appears once in the Sage program guide.

Stéphane's importer really helps with all of this.

Last edited by fac13; 03-17-2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: typo

Tags
multiple, xmltv