SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

@FigetyRat - if you see any places where the time is not displayed properly let me know and I'll fix it. I'll upload this to the repository to make it "official".

@Fonceur - What FigetyRat wants to do is override the regional settings. He is in the US (where most people use 12 hour time format) and wants to use 24 hour time format while keeping the other regional settings alone.

Sage Server: ASUS/Intel C2D based system w/4GB RAM. WinXP Home, Hauppauge PVR 150, Hauppauge HVR-2250 and an HDHR. Runs headless. Accessed via VNC when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
@Fonceur - What FigetyRat wants to do is override the regional settings. He is in the US (where most people use 12 hour time format) and wants to use 24 hour time format while keeping the other regional settings alone.
First of all, I don't understand why he doesn't simply overwrite his own regional settings instead of doing it on a per program basis...

But regardless, SageTV does ignore the regional settings while BTV doesn't, which was the answer to the question asked by Blade...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 07-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for doing this...

So far everything looks good except when I change to "Date + Time" vs "Day + Time" - it will still display the 12 h format with the AM/PM after. Primary reason is I do not wear a watch nor have a calendar so I actually look at Sage to tell me what day/moth it is.

Maybe there is a reason for this but everywhere else it displays the 24 h format.

Thanks again...
Quote:
@FigetyRat - if you see any places where the time is not displayed properly let me know and I'll fix it. I'll upload this to the repository to make it "official".
Old 07-05-2010, 03:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon View Post
So far everything looks good except when I change to "Date + Time" vs "Day + Time" - it will still display the 12 h format with the AM/PM after.
Where are you making this change?

Sage Server: ASUS/Intel C2D based system w/4GB RAM. WinXP Home, Hauppauge PVR 150, Hauppauge HVR-2250 and an HDHR. Runs headless. Accessed via VNC when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Where are you making this change?

With the “extras” enabled, Detailed Setup > Customize > Date Display Style When set to Day + Time it all works correctly. I’ve not found anywhere it does not display the correct 24 h format. But when changing to Date + Time only the main menu screen displays the 12 h format everywhere else has the 24 h format.

Yes the .jar is installed on the server with the service stopped and the .stvi is installed on each client.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Date+Time.jpg (153.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Day+Time.jpg (159.2 KB, 53 views)
Old 07-05-2010, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

OK, I see that now. I'll change it in the next day or so.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
First of all, I don't understand why he doesn't simply overwrite his own regional settings instead of doing it on a per program basis...
The issue is, I can overwrite my specific USA regional settings to display 24h, but sage does not accept that. In order to get sage to accept it, I would literally have to tell windows I live in England, something I'd rather not do as it messes up time zones and other programs.

Whatever the case, this plugin works for what I need.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

v1.01

I just uploaded to the plugin repository a new version that fixes the issue described by jbrandon.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you very much!!

Quote:
I just uploaded to the plugin repository a new version that fixes the issue described by jbrandon.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Sage User

Hi Tom

Me again (its getting a bit embarresing now, but somehow we think very much alike in terms of SageTV).

Could please enable the 24h time in the "create timed recording" menu as well, it will make life much easier due th the scrolling method SageTV uses to set dat time (it would be even better to create a data entry dialog to type in the time instead of Up/Down and pray, but that is probably asking too much in one day... got to wake up and start developing some plugins myself!)
Gigabyte H55M-UD2H + Intel Core i3-530
Kingston S100 16GB, Samsung 1TB + 1.5TB, Seagate 2TB
DVB-T: 2 x LifeView MSA-T2A2
DVB-S2: 1 x TBS 8920, 1 x TBS 5922, 1 x TBS 5921
Clients: 2 x SageTV HD300, 1 x SageTVClient 7.1.7 (Win XP Pro SP3)[/size]
Old 06-16-2011, 06:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohan View Post
Hi Tom

Me again (its getting a bit embarresing now, but somehow we think very much alike in terms of SageTV).

Could please enable the 24h time in the "create timed recording" menu as well, it will make life much easier due th the scrolling method SageTV uses to set dat time (it would be even better to create a data entry dialog to type in the time instead of Up/Down and pray, but that is probably asking too much in one day... got to wake up and start developing some plugins myself!)
Certainly possible. I'll put it on the "to do's" for the Name Timed Recording plugin.