SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-25-2005, 03:58 PM

Added version 4. Minor changes. Updated main download.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Sage User

I originally posted this in the MVP thread as I think it is a MVP client based problem, but is in anyone else experiencing this? I am using Sage MC version 3.

If I play an album or a playlist, it will only play one song and then stop. Occassionally it will actually look like it disconnects for a second from the server. It works fine on the server. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Added version 4. Minor changes. Updated main download.
Bravo for incorporating Neilms Menu!! Thank you very much - I can't wait to tinker
Old 03-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Sage User

mlbdude, thanks for the update! I am also one who is glad you incorporated nielm's menus...cool!
Old 03-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you mlbdude for continuing work on this stv. I have one small request I fell asleep wathing a show today when I woke up the stop screen was on and no screen saver, could you fix it so the screensaver comes on? Don't want it burnt into my screen. Thank You for all the hard work.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Sage Expert

not quite 5/25 yet...
Old 03-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
not quite 5/25 yet...
Yeah... but this STV is ahead of its time, so that date is allowed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones71
Thank you mlbdude for continuing work on this stv. I have one small request I fell asleep wathing a show today when I woke up the stop screen was on and no screen saver, could you fix it so the screensaver comes on? Don't want it burnt into my screen. Thank You for all the hard work.
Hmm, that is interresting. The screensaver is not something I can get my hands on (as far as triggering it). There is no reason it should have not come up. I would assume video was stopped or paused in the background the the popup was up. This sounds like a Sage core bug.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks mlbdude will check it out and submit a bug report thanks.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wonder if some of the additional program info that shows up in Cayers might be added, such as ratings.

(For some reason, I am also having a problem with hanging on loading in the weather page, at least while I have the server running (got it to work once when the server module was not running.) Both of my property files are the same.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:35 AM
Sage Expert

I just installed version 4 and it seems to be unuseable!
the UI seems to have completely crapped out on me. The background is black and there are no coloured bars when you hover over a menu item.

I have had to revert back to 3 for now.

any ideas?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

ukmgranger for some reason it is not finding the background file try reinstalling the stv.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:35 AM
Sage Expert

Surely that would just cause the background not to load. I am also having problems with green bar that appears when the mouse is over an option. this does not appear, or only occasionally.

I will give another install a try though.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:49 AM
Sage Expert

Not entirely sure what happened there. I re-installed and all seems fine!?!?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Not entirely sure what happened there. I re-installed and all seems fine!?!?
Same thing happened to me with a previous release... Turned out the .stv installed itself into ...SageTV/ instead of ...SageTV/STVs/OriginalV2/. Who knows...
Old 03-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Some of the images/menus/backgrounds don't match up with the themes. For example, when bringing up any popup menus the background color is always the bright MCE blue color. And the My Games section is in the original SageTV STV theme.

btw, Is there anyway I can change these things myself? Or do I have to have studio?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wanted to start out by thanking Mlbdude for continuing his work on SageMC stv. Saying that he has done a great job is an understatement.

Just wanted to point out a few bug / features that I have had issue with.

1. After using the internal DVD player and than going to view recorded shows the commercial skip doesn't work. Even with the feature enabled. (Mlbdude, I know you use an external player but thought you may have wanted to look into this.)

2. This is a feature request that was in SageMC 1.01 that Watter worked on. When you have multiple recording of the same shows the date change to "More". Clicking on it listed all the shows. The problem with this is all the shows have the same name (i.e. Modern Marvels) and it is difficult to tell what the show title is. Watter change this to allow the title of the show (Automobiles) and the show name in the upper left corner (Modern Marvels) of the GUI.

I am sure Watter would be happy to give you the underline code for this. Thanks in advance...
Old 03-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
btw, Is there anyway I can change these things myself? Or do I have to have studio?
If by 'changing these things' you are referring to the images, yes. You can change them - just find or create a new image, size it, then save it into the folder the theme is in with the picture's original name.

But if you mean redirecting what images show up where in the stv, then you cannot change these things without Studio.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

This goes back to the original SageMC but...is there a way to add batch files to the 'other programs' page? This would help automate a bunch of functions like DVD ripping ---I envision using Cayars DVDrip.bat file to automate that side of things. I think I remember trying to drop the shortcut into the folder but nothing was showing up in the SageUI.
Thanks
JUC
Old 03-30-2005, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

In the sage properties file there is a line by default installation of SageMC: mlbdude/other_programs=D\:\\temp

You need to change this to whatever directory you want to use. (I use C:\temp) and drop your shortcuts to the program and any .jpg named exactly as the shortcut so it uses that as an icon. SO you could use a shortcut to a batch file no problem.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.