SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
I was trying different versions of the Fusion software to see if the different drivers could help with the audio processing errors I get. I thought I had it working with the 3.0RC1 drivers, but when I switched back to them at the end of my testing, I started getting audio rendering errors.

sage.PlaybackException ERROR -5,0x80004005

to be specific. Has anyone else seen this? I don't think this is the same as the audio processing errors.
flashbacck - I have seen the same error too - I believe its not finding the audio stream... Looking into it (its so hard to code when its 80+ degreees outside) I am thinking that capturing the whole TS stream and let Sage parse (demultiplex) it might be a simpler solution....
Old 06-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Sage Expert

Any more info/insight into the QAM capabilities of the Fusion? I would love to have that working under Sage.

-Brian
Old 06-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

OK I got my A180 card today, but have a stupid question.

What is the NDVD demo, and where would I get it?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
OK I got my A180 card today, but have a stupid question.

What is the NDVD demo, and where would I get it?
Try this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_decoder.html

-Chris
Old 06-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, got it and it all appears to work. But I got a couple questions.

When I added my HDNE source, I selected the same channel line up as my PVR250 card, I then selected the 4 channels I wanted to use (the 4 OTA channels I get). But it removed all the other channels even for the PVR250 card from the Guide. So I went back in and selected the "austin" lineup as it is the same as mine, and attached that to my HDNE card and set the PVR250 back to the original way.

After this I could again see all my channels. But I only saw 1 CBS channel. So to test the HDNE recorder, I went back into the PVR250 setup and deselected CBS for that card, went back to the guide and saw I still had CBS in the line up and hit watch. The HDNE console showed that it had started recording, even though I got a video display error on my server. This was not surprising as I have never watch anything on the server machine before.

Now that HDNE was saying it was recording I took the file, and dropped it into GraphEdit and played it. It worked!!

Next I went onto my client box, and told it to play CBS, and it works! Video anyway, I did not have the stereo on at the time.

Now is there a way to tell Sage what source I want my favorites to record on? I think I've seen this discussed before, but can't remember where. How are others doing this? I guess I could remove the overlapping HD channels from the PVR250 lineup and only have these channels enabled for the HDNE, but that is kind of harsh. Ideas?

thanks,
Old 06-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Now is there a way to tell Sage what source I want my favorites to record on? I think I've seen this discussed before, but can't remember where. How are others doing this? I guess I could remove the overlapping HD channels from the PVR250 lineup and only have these channels enabled for the HDNE, but that is kind of harsh. Ideas?

thanks,
I plan on setting the HDNE encoder to have the highest priority (see: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...=encoder+merit).
This would force Sage to try recording from HDNE before it tries the other tuners. But I haven't got my A180 working yet, so I can't tell you if that will work or not.

-Chris
Old 06-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, I'm seeing this can be somewhat flaky.

I took my client box out of the theater room, and hooked it up in the office next to the server so that I could get to both easily. Everything was working on 4 channels so I moved the client back to the theater and hooked it up to the projector. Fired up the PJ and now three channels are all scrambled with pink squares all over, while one channel (PBS) still looks good. Not sure what would have changed, but I'll look into it further.

I'll try out the encoder merit thing.

thanks,
Old 06-11-2005, 06:33 AM
Sage Icon

I'm hoping to get some suggestions.

When I first watched shows via HDNE on my client it all worked great. I changed my client decoder to be Sonic and saw about 22% cpu usuage for HDTV viewing. I then shutdown my client and moved it back to the theater and started it back up. Now I cannot view anything from the HDNE. I can hear the audio, but the video is all pink squares. Now if I grab the .mpg file that is created by HDNE and drop it into filtergraph, it plays just fine. This makes me believe that the HDNE is recording correctly, but the client is not playing it. Any ideas as to why the video would be all messed up? I did not change anything on the client except the decoder to support the HDNE, but something has obviously changed.

Also, the HD PBS channel still plays fine on the client. It is CBS, ABC, and WB that don't play any longer.

Ideas welcome

thanks,
Old 06-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Well for me i use the Cyberlink video decoder and Sage Audio decoder as it seams to work best on my system. I have tried other decoders and i recall one that didn't work with the HD recordings but i don't remember which one offhand. I don't have the sonic decoders BTW.

As for my HD channels i went in and disabled thoughs channels on my other tuners thinking i would go back at a later time and try to see if i could remap thoughs channels to the HD channels in sage at a better time to see if that would work but i haven't gotten around to it.
AMD athlon64X2 3800+, Foxconn (Winfast 6150K8MA-8EKRS) 6150, Windows Vista Ultimate, Geforce FX EVGA 7800gt CO, 1gig 400mhz ddr Ram, 500 gig Western Digital Sata 2 hard drive 8 meg cache, Tuners: Wintv PVR 500 dual tuner, Fusion3 GoldT, NEC 3540a dvd+rw, Sagetv 5.0 Dell 20.1" 2005FPW
Old 06-13-2005, 06:47 AM
Sage Icon

Stealth,
Over on the Firewire thread, there is a direct show filter posted that uses the code from HDTV2MPEG to covert the TS stream to an mpg file during capture. Would this be useable in HDNE so that we will just get a "normal" mpg file from HDNE? I'm hoping this will simplify playback issues as Sage is pretty good at playing back this type for mpeg file.

I can successfully record channels using HDNE, but am having issues with playback. Do you think this may help?

thanks,
Old 06-13-2005, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

HDNE currently outputs a "normal" MPG.

But yes stealth, I'd LOVE to not need anything Cyberlink on my PC.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Stealth,
Over on the Firewire thread, there is a direct show filter posted that uses the code from HDTV2MPEG to covert the TS stream to an mpg file during capture. Would this be useable in HDNE so that we will just get a "normal" mpg file from HDNE? I'm hoping this will simplify playback issues as Sage is pretty good at playing back this type for mpeg file.
Hi, I posted the TS to MPEG filter on the firewire thread. Some people have tried it and so far we've had mixed success. There appears to be a problem with the method it uses to determine which PIDs to extract. If I can get it stable, however, it might be a good fit for HNDE.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Sage Icon

What CPU loads are people seeing with HDNE? I'm running it in my P3-933 and see about 90% cpu load. I'm wondering if this is leading to my playback problems. My playback client is only at 22% playback so I don't think that is the issue.

thanks,
Old 06-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Sage User

Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon.
I've got everything installed as in the first post.
I have uninstalled all TV capture cards save the HDNE option.

I only have 2 OTA channels in the service locator file. Those channels
are also the only channels that are in the Sage channel setup. Now I've picked the HD channels listed in the sage local setup. I also setup the service locator to match the Sage setup (eg. Channel 59==59) This stopped the windows crashing that was happening with channel 11 was set as 59 in the service locator and sage tuned to channel 11.

When I try to watch one of the channels in Sage I get "sage.PlaybackException: ERROR(~4.0x0) There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for plaback."

Recording works though, I can open up the .mpg file in Fusion and it playsback well. I don't have audio, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Any ideas?

My System:
AMD Sempron 3100+
512 Meg Ram
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
ATI 9600XT 128Meg.

-Jim

Last edited by Kingjamez; 06-13-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
What CPU loads are people seeing with HDNE? I'm running it in my P3-933 and see about 90% cpu load. I'm wondering if this is leading to my playback problems. My playback client is only at 22% playback so I don't think that is the issue.

thanks,
My A64 3000+ server sees 30-60% load depending if playingback and or recording and the rez/bitrate the stream is. I'm running Nvidia video codec and FFdshow audio filter. A client AXP @ 2.1ghz sees 30-50% using Nvidia codec for both sound and video. Ive ran the 1080i mpegs successfully on a 1.1 Athlon with no stutter but cpu was always above 90%. Ive also used the sonic decoders and pdvd decoders but the intervideo and sage ones have problems.

Try running the Nvidia codecs, they have a 14day trial, and also try overlay instead of VMR9 if not already.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjamez
Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon.
I've got everything installed as in the first post.
I have uninstalled all TV capture cards save the HDNE option.

I only have 2 OTA channels in the service locator file. Those channels
are also the only channels that are in the Sage channel setup. Now I've picked the HD channels listed in the sage local setup. I also setup the service locator to match the Sage setup (eg. Channel 59==59) This stopped the windows crashing that was happening with channel 11 was set as 59 in the service locator and sage tuned to channel 11.

When I try to watch one of the channels in Sage I get "sage.PlaybackException: ERROR(~4.0x0) There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for plaback."

Recording works though, I can open up the .mpg file in Fusion and it playsback well. I don't have audio, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Any ideas?

My System:
AMD Sempron 3100+
512 Meg Ram
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
ATI 9600XT 128Meg.

-Jim

It is likely an issue with the video codec you are using. Which one are you using? Most people seem to prefer Nvidia's or Sonic decoders.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the reply, I've tried all the decoders I have. I have the nvidia, invervideo, cyberlink, and obviously the sage. None of them work, yet Fusion will play the files.

-Jim
Old 06-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjamez
Thanks for the reply, I've tried all the decoders I have. I have the nvidia, invervideo, cyberlink, and obviously the sage. None of them work, yet Fusion will play the files.

-Jim
Does it matter whether you use Overlay or VMR9?
Old 06-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Sage User

Nope, I've tried both overlay and VMR9 with all codecs.

-Jim
Old 06-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

I found that mine do not play back unless I select "Default" for the video render while in full screen mode. But if I'm in a windowed mode either work. You might give this a shot.