SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi

I am using FireDTV with AC3 in Sweden and I have not noticed any of your problems. The freezing could depend on which filters you are using. I am using the Nvidia Purevideo filters. The metallic glitch in the sound could be if you have drop outs due to bad reception.

One bug that is in the AC3 sound is that sometimes the channels that normally sends AC3 does not and SBDA tries to play it anyway (it should switch to 2 channel sound). This happens on the local news on TV2. When that happens the picture freexs and it is not possible to record it. I know of this problem but I have not decided if/when I will solve it.

Anders
Old 04-04-2006, 05:32 PM

SBDARecorder cant show DisneyChannel (SE,Boxer)

I have problem watching disneychannel with SBDARecorder. It shows up in the list in the configuration but when i doubbleclick it to change the channelnumber both the video and the audio Pid says 'None' and if i try to watch it in sage the whole program freezes and have to be killed throug the taskmanager. All other channels works perfectly. Anyone else has this problem? I just reinstalled my htpc and all apps on new hardware but this problem is still there.

Using SDBARecorder 2.0.0.6 with FloppyDTV (HW 1.25.1 Drv 4.2.0) and Boxer in sweden.

Another thing, I also tried the new FloppyDTV drivers 4.3.0 but then nothing worked.. no channels or anything.

Thanks for a great app!!

Last edited by Ghwerig; 04-15-2006 at 02:31 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Anders,

are you still developing SBDARecorder? Do you have any plans to support DVB subtitles? Is the AC3 problem with Swedish TV2 still a problem?

I am trying to figure out if I should use Sage TV with SBDARecorder or WelltonWay MMC for my next system. MMC does support CI and subtitles with FireDTV for DVB-C and DVB-T. But Sage supports the MVP.

/Per
Old 08-14-2006, 01:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have not done any programming on it lately. But that is mostly because it works very well for me and I have not gotten any bug reports for a while. That does not mean there is no bugs but I don't think there are any big ones.

I am not working on subtitles so it would be a problem with some channels. Most of the channels in Swedish "Boxer paketet" have the subtitles mixed in the picture so I personaly don't have any use for subtitles since I don't have the movie channels.

AC3 works ok but if you turn AC3 on it wants to use all the time on the channels that have it (SVT1 and 2). That means that "regionala nyheter" wont work since it does not have AC3. There can also be problems with the filters you use to play but if you get those problems then write here and i will try to help.

I am very happy with Sage and would definately recomend you to try it out.

Anders
Old 08-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sounds very promising! Does that mean that as long as I do not watch or try to record regionala nyheter I will be fine? Will it crash if I watch TV2 and forget to switch channels at 19.15?

/Per
Old 08-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't think it will crash. But you will get a "no signal" message and a somewhat unresponsive Sage UI until you change channel.

Anders
Old 08-17-2006, 04:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks! Will probably receive my FireDTV today, but I need to assemble the new PC before I try it.

/Per
Old 08-21-2006, 05:24 AM
Sage User

is my setup correct with this sw when i can stream but not change channel from htpc to a client running just sagetv client - i have not tried set the dvb tuner as a ordinary tuner on the client side(i guess that may work, just as it do work for the 'server' sagetv)
Old 08-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

You should be able to use a network encoder connected to a SageTV "server" from a computer with SageTV Client just as if you were using the server. That is the channel change should work.
Have you tried watching TV on the server? Does channel change work there?

Anders
Old 09-02-2006, 06:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Experience so far

I have been using SBDARecorder with FireDTV DVB-T with CI for Boxer for a while now. My feedback:

* SBDARecorder is rock solid. However, if I choose a channel that does not broadcast (The voice at night for example, or a channel that I do not have access to), the UI part of SageTV locks up. The Sage TV service survives, so its is just a matter of killing Sage and restarting it.

* I do miss the missing subtitles sometimes, for example on TV8. However, I do not know whether Sage would be able to display subtitles if they were captured somehow.

/Per
Old 10-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Sage User

Tuning in Göteborg

Hi,

My dual tuners does not tune all channels in Göteborg, Sweden. TV3 for example is missing. I noted on tystpc.nu that MCE drivers needed update to tune all channels correctly but I am not using MCE so I can´t the drivers supplied there, only the original from digital-everywhere.

Anyone that has needed technical information what I need to do to find missing channels (it feels like one or several muxes are missing)

/Jonas watching from Brudaremossen.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

All of your frequencies is in the dvbtSweden.xml file so it should find them. Does SBDAR find TV3 and then fails to tune it or is it missing completely? If it is missing then the only thing I can think of is to try to do a scan again. If you have TV3 in the list you should look so that you don't have 2 instances and try the other one instead. TV3 has recently changed some parameters and in my location I have one that works and one that does not.

Does all of the channels appear in any other program? How is you antenna, do you have good reception with a set up box with the same antenna.

And last, Sage version 6 have DVB-T support built in so I don't see any need for my SBDARecorder any more.

Anders
Old 10-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

But SBDARecorder supports CA with FireDTV! (And works wonderfully for me!) Does SageTV do that natively yet?

/Per
Old 10-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

if it doesn't work in the first public beta, it will in the next relese.

Anders
Old 10-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Great! That means I do not have to offer to beta test native support for my FireDTV with CA - it sounds like someone else is doing that.

/Per
Old 10-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have now tested the built-in support for FireDVB-T CAM/CI in version 6.0.12. I can not get it to tune the pay-TV channels (Boxer), but the free-to-air channels work, provided I do not use the latest firmware for the FireDVB-T. With the latest firmware, Sage is not able to switch channels correctly.

Is the built-in support for FireDVB-T CAM/CI working for anyone in Sweden?

SBDARecorder does not seem to work correctly with Sage 6.0.12, so I have returned to Sage version 5.

/Per
Old 11-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Sage User

Pay channels

...13 beta does work to some extent with pay-tv channels from Boxer :-)

I still from the göteborg area missing some channels when scanning.

TV3, TV8, Kanal 5, Disney and maybe some else. Sage says 98% reception quality!

Any ideas?

/Jonas
Old 11-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Sage User

...13 beta is working perfectly for Boxer in Stockholm, maybe the frequencies are wrong in the PredefinedScan.frq file for Göteborg.

/Kenneth
Old 11-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Sage User

One step forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonron
...13 beta does work to some extent with pay-tv channels from Boxer :-)

I still from the göteborg area missing some channels when scanning.

TV3, TV8, Kanal 5, Disney and maybe some else. Sage says 98% reception quality!

Any ideas?

/Jonas
I found the problem, I had to strong signal so when I rearranged things to get lower input the missing channels came back! Missing channels was on Mux3 from my bradcaster.

Now I have the problem with my channel list, I have two FireDTV so I have ended up with channels in the list of every channhel, i.e. two TV1 etc. Anyone famliar how I should make only one channel of each and still have two tuners? I have selected to scan for channels without EPG so currently, the EPG i have is taken from the DVB signal. Should I use the xmltv instead?

/Jonas

Last edited by jonron; 11-10-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anders,

I have used your BDA recorder for a long time with previous versions of sage and thought I would be saying goodbye to it with version 6 of sage.

Unfortunately, I am having some problems with the sage's native dvb-t support (dropping of channels) and so thought I would try using your SBDA again. I realise you aren't developing it any more but wondered if you could help me debug an issue.

I have ran into a problem with my new Nova T 500 dual tuner card, bought as an addition to my existing Nova-t card. The new card registers 2 tuners, one as 'Tuner (Dev1 Path0)' and the other as 'Tuner (Dev1 Path1)'. Both tuners are selectable from the SBDA Recorders settings and I can scan for channels succesfully with both tuners. However whenever I restart the application it cannot find the second tuner. Also, when trying to connect to a channel through it the debug messages show an error that the graph is not running.

I have attached a screenshot of the what it looks like when you open the settings form for the tuner at this point. Have you ran into this issue?

Any ideas or advice would be welcome.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: gif device_not_found.gif (59.1 KB, 198 views)