SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:55 PM

Hi Anders,

Any news on the DVB-C support?

Best regards
Henrik
Old 12-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am working on DVB-C. The problem is that my parsing of PMT did not work with my provider ComHem so I have to write a new parser that does not use the Microsoft API:s. It has been a lot of work but it is shaping up now. So maybe it won't be too many years until release....

Anders
Old 12-17-2005, 02:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Version 1.1.0.3 is released. This is a small fix to support some more devices. Most noticable is Nova-T USB.

I still have a problem on some installations to tune frequencies that is not ending on 000, for example in GB it is very common with frequencies that end on 166. If you have it working or not in that configuration please let me now so that I can see what is going on.

With 4.1 it is now possible to use SBDARecorder with AC3 sound.

(This release does not support DVB-C or DVB-S.)

Anders
Old 12-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Sage Expert

Many thanks Anders, without your plugin I wouldn't have bought SageTV and would have had to make do with one of the OSS options, none of which are up to scratch for the living room yet.

I've only started playing around with HTPC stuff recently, the plan being to replace a Tivo when I've got everything working ok. So far I've got SageTV plus the SBDARecorder working with one KWorld V-Stream DVBT PCI card.

As I think was mentioned elsewhere, I could not get SBDARecorder to find any channels at all (I'm in the UK). Instead, I manually added channel definitions to the xml file which I got from a combination of websites, GBPVR and ScanChannelsBDA.

The last couple of days I've been trying to get a second card working, with no success. To start with I thought it was an issue with SBDARecorder or SageTV but after further playing around it looks like no applications will work when two cards are installed.

I've tried the supplied DVBPlus application, GBPVR, MediaPortal and ScanChannelsBDA - none will work with two cards installed. All work with either card individually, as soon as the second card is installed neither will function. Remove a card and again everything will work ok.

I've tried configuring both cards in 1 instance of SBDARecorder and also running two instances of the application.

Anyone have any ideas? Is this a limitation of the V-Stream cards and/or drivers? Will I have to use two different cards or a dual tuner card to get it working?
Old 12-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mark
2 x Vstreams will not work together.
It is a driver issue.
You will have to use a different card for your second tuner. Just make sure it's not the same tpe of card like a MSI TV@nywhere for example, as it uses the same drivers as a VStream. There are others as well.
Use a Dvico, Twinhan, Hauppauge product as your second tuner.

I use 2 x Leadtek DTV1000's although I do have a problem when running 2 instances of SBDARecorder.

Cheers
Old 12-28-2005, 04:41 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the info Ian. Do I have to avoid all Conexant based cards or is it something else that causes the clash?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mark
As long as the drivers don't share the same names.
Dvico, Twinhan, Hauppauge are all Conexant based cards ( like most ) but they use their own driver names.
You could also use Avermedia or any philips based card. Even the hybrid analog/digital cards will be OK.
It's only 1 of the 4 drivers that stops the V Stream from working with multiple cards. I think it was the cross bar. ( I can't remember now )
It maybe possible that some of the later drivers may work. It would have to after driver version 4.0.108.3.
I don't have 2 V-Streams now so I can't check.

Cheers
Old 01-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Sage User

Poor Performance with Hauppauge Nova-T PCI Card

Hi,

For some time I have been having problems with getting my Hauppauge Nova-T PCI Card (BDA Version) to work sensibly with the network encoder and SageTV. When using it, I experience significant stutter, both in the sound and picture. I have tried many of the recommended fixes on this forum to solve this issue, but yet to no avail.

I'm running an Athalon AMD XP 2000+ system with 512MB of RAM running Windows XP Professional SP2.

Anyone got any theories?

Many thanks,

Tristan
Old 01-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Sage User

SBDARecorder with FireDTV?

Hi,

First I tried to install my new FireDTV on my experiment box without success, SBDARecorder couldnt find all channels. I decided to make a fresh Windows installation since I felt I was closing in to my perfect HTPC, finally.

I installed MCE Swe 2005 and after a successful test with the FireDTV in MCE finding all channels, I tried SBDARecorder since I would like to use SAGE instead of MCE (two FireDTV's bought and to be used).

Even after a fresh MCE installation and success with FireDTV in MCE, SBDARecorder seems to have some problems. The channel search states that it finds 45 channels in Gothenburg, Brudaremossen but only channels from one MUX is displayed in the window of SBDARecorder. I have tried an australian DVB-T command shell program to test the channels and it states 98% qualit and strength on all muxes. The bars in SBDARecorder shows max as well on quality and strength.

What could I be doing wrong? I use Cyberlink PowerDVD 6 as MPEG2.

/Jonas
Old 01-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Boxer in Sweden should work so I don't know what goes wrong. Are you sure that th frequencies that gets scanned is the correct ones? There are a lot of changes going on now that the analog network is closing down.

Have you entered "reciever device" in the settings dialog? If not please try that and if you have could you try to switch capture devices between the two tuners. If that does not help you can try to conenct only one FireDTV at the time.

Otherwise I suggest that you wait a few days until the next version of SBDARecorder is released. It is much better in finding channels and also supports DVB-C.

Anders
Old 01-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Sage User

I have only connected one FireDTV so I shouldn't be at any risk to confuse the setup until one was stable :-) I didn't set the "reciever device", will try that and if that doesn't help, I will wait a few days for your next release.

Thanks,
Jonas
Old 01-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Sage User

Hi,
I have a FloppyDTV for Boxer in Sweden and it works in the preview window in SBDARecorder and MediaPortal (free channels only) but when I try in SageTV I get;

Sage: GET_FILE_SIZE D:\Video\SBDARecorderonsageserver6969TVTuner-0.mpgbuf
Err: Graph not running

Any clues ?

Muxer: Cyberlink PowerProducer
Version: SageTV 4.1.4
Video Decoders: SageTV Mpeg, Intervideo and Moonlight-Elecard tested.
Audio Decoders: SageTV, Intervideo and Moonlight-Okodia tested.

/Kenneth
Old 01-03-2006, 02:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwallin
Hi,

Sage: GET_FILE_SIZE D:\Video\SBDARecorderonsageserver6969TVTuner-0.mpgbuf
Err: Graph not running

Any clues ?

/Kenneth
The thing that I can think of now that is different between preview and actually running is the use of the mpgmux filter. On the first page of the setup you can select which mux to use. Are you sure that the filter specified there is installed on the system?

Anders
Old 01-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersNolberger
The thing that I can think of now that is different between preview and actually running is the use of the mpgmux filter. On the first page of the setup you can select which mux to use. Are you sure that the filter specified there is installed on the system?

Anders
Yes, I installed PowerProducer, but I can try other filters as well.

/Kenneth
Old 01-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Sage User

Checked the PowerProducer filter and some other in Radlight and they looked OK but ended up with the same result "Graph not running"

I now have the FloppyDTV working in MediaPortal and the analog card in SageTV, I'll try your solution again when you publish the new version.

/Kenneth
Old 01-04-2006, 02:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

If SBDAR works in preview but you get Graph not running when using it with Sage the everything in the tuning is working and I have not changed anything else in the new version.

Can you try to choose TS Stream as Mux to see how that works. Sage won't be able to play the file but there should be a file on disk that grows. If that works then you can start looking for what mux to use.

Do you have GraphEdit? If you have you can try to locate the Cyberlink mux there and check the GUID againt the GUID in the mux list in SBDARecorder.

Anders
Old 01-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

New version (BETA)

Many people might have use for this beta so I have made it available even though I am not finished whit it. It is not tested very much and there are still things I would like to include in the "release" version.

New is a completely new way of scanning channels that should work much better in th UK and with ComHem (Swedish Cable). There are still issues with this scanning that makes some channels in the UK to probably not work. More work will be done on this in the next couple of weeks.

DVB-C Support!

Also several other changes to make the program more stable but since it is not tested the last version is probably better for stability.

AC3 does not seem to work very well (no sound on channel changes).

I have not had the time to write instuctions but not much has changed. If you upgrade from the previous version you can just copy the new files and keep your settings.xml. But you should do a new channel search since I now save more info that is needed.

The file is located as usual at http://www.nolberger.se/Sage/BDARecorder/Default.htm and the file version is 2.0.0.1.

Anders

The download
Old 01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I forgot to mention, the reson for me to make this beta avilable instead of waiting a few days to present a finished version is that I am going away for a few days. That also means that I can not help you if anything goes wrong.

Anders
Old 01-05-2006, 11:31 AM

Freeview

Has anyone been using the program in the UK? If so what cards are you using?

Many Thanks

Andrew
Old 01-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

I have used it with Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 with reasonable success. It's looking very good with the Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT, which is a dual-tuner PCIe card. Only problem as Anders says, is tuning ITV1, 2 and 3, but he's working on it. If I can find time I'll try to tune further.

BTW, I've only used one tuner on the card so far, but probably going to have a go with a second tonight.