SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Sage Expert

Not consistantly. Which I can tell is a problem, but haven't a clue as to a workaround.

On an aside. I do like the ease at customizing the X display(s). I am dangerous enough with X to 'break' out into the editor and move a display font around and change it's size/color to my liking. Not a hard thing to change. But it is very easy to access and do for a noob.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

It doesn't give focus to sage consistenly? Or the xlobby screen in the back doesn't change consistently? (you can check this by pushing 'My TV' then alt+tabbing back to xlobby)
Old 05-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Sage Expert

No it gives focus to Sage just fine. It's that the X screen doesn't stay on the 'control screen for Sage' consistently.

It also gives focus back to X fine when I press the 'exit' button.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

I think I have that fixed, I'll do a release late tonight or tommorrow probably and we'll see how that works for you.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Sage Expert

rgr, i'll give it a go when you're ready
Old 05-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

v1.02 Changelog
-The following ppc events now load the 'My TV' control screen after being pushed:
...Library
...Guide
...My TV
...Recorded TV
-Music:Mini-Now-Playing Added
-Music:Controls - Volume Added
-Shutdown Screen added
...Minimize
...Close
...Restart
...Shutdown
-Many miscellaneous bug fixes in the way some events are handled! (I don't remember them but I know I made a bunch)

I'm hoping to release 'My Games' addon next...but if it looks like it won't happen in the next week or so I'll probably start on 'My Radio'
Old 08-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

v1.10 Changelog
-Integrated XRemote plugin
-Added My Radio w/ 420 shoutcast stations (still need to work on organization of this db)
-Included My Games (for more advanced users that can build their own dbs, i will update when the complete games plugin is available)
-Added 720x480 resolution for those SDTV users

Old 08-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
v1.10 Changelog
-Integrated XRemote plugin
-Added My Radio w/ 420 shoutcast stations (still need to work on organization of this db)
-Included My Games (for more advanced users that can build their own dbs, i will update when the complete games plugin is available)
-Added 720x480 resolution for those SDTV users

Any thought on how this will work with V3.0 since it uses VMR9 exclusive. Will that kill the Xlobby integration?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:40 PM

Even if VMR9 Ex. does break it, that is a configuration choice. You can always disable it.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Sage Expert

Plus you can actually 'exit' for Sage now (or at least the option is presented ) which may obfiscate the need for the weird focus issues (unless you want to use a PDA with those cool screens then yer fooked )
Old 08-23-2005, 06:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagar
Plus you can actually 'exit' for Sage now (or at least the option is presented ) which may obfiscate the need for the weird focus issues (unless you want to use a PDA with those cool screens then yer fooked )
Thats' great to hear. I haven't had the chance to give Sage V3 a shot yet. I waiting for the final release so I'll check it out then and make any modifications.

It should work just fine VMR9 exclusive mode should have no impact...xlobby is entirely in the background while you are in Sage and exclusive mode only turns over complete control of the graphics processor to an application, not complete control of they system. (As evidenced by my scheduled system partition defrag messing up a gaming session the other night ..definitly dead as a doornail after that started.)
Old 10-24-2005, 07:11 AM
Sage Expert

MediaMVP

sorry,

but i have no idea what i must do exactly for the MediaMVP-Client setup with XLobby.

SageTV works fine on my mediamvps's.
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 10-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

I don't think you can use Xlobby on your MVP. I can't say for sure 100% though (my mvp hasn't come in yet). The MediaMVP client you're currently using is ONLY for Sage though..
Old 10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

XLobby will not run on mediamvp's, it can only run on systems that support .Net 1.1 or it can be accessed through a web browser.

You'll be limited to the way the SageMVPClient accesses media to what you can do on the MVP. If you provide some more detail I can help you figure out what you're trying to do.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

Does this work with v3 beta yet? This sounds like an answer to those of us looking for best in class PVR and still have a great media center experience for music, archived videos, etc...

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yeah it should work just fine with V3...there were no major changes in V3...i'm working an update that will eliminate the need for an external app (that is included in the zip...sendfocus) as soon as all the focus bugs are worked out of Sage....before Sage would get foucs but wouldn't give it back...so they fixed that but apparently now Sage will give focus back but it won't get it

on another not i'm also working expansion of music playlist management, spiders for movies and music, search functionality, and overall enhancements all over the place...as i'm on business trip right now i'm being quite productive on it, something to do at the airport i guess
Old 11-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

v1.50 Changelog
-Change video to television on Sage controls page
-Make buttons on left hand side match Sage sizewize better
-Migrate from XWeather to XoapWeather
-Music Stop on Movie/TV Play
-Radio Page Up/Down
-Go through XRemote carefully and make sure fully utilized
-Add more Music Playlist management
--Added: Play, Move Up, Move Down, and Remove Song
--Added: Delete Playlist
--Added: Rename Playlist w/ Onscreen Keyboard
-Added more labeling to provide information about what you're looking at
-Added Snap
-Added City name to Current Weather Overlay
-Improved how visualization is handled, should be able to exit vis using 'Exit' button now.
-Games screens uses roms2xlobby format for info...now in cover mode similar to Music and Movies
-Changed how Sage tv is openend and closed. It now targets the later versions of Sage3 and Sage 4.0 which allow for proper focus handling...Smile no more sendfocus needed!
-Upgrade button images for directional arrows
-Put EPG buttons in buttons folder
-Add large Radio label - included a psd template to make your own logos
-Integrate XAnt plugin for AudioCD lookup
Old 01-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

XLobbyMC in 16:9!!

XLobbyMC v1.50 released in widescreen 1280x720

Gotta love HD for the holidays!!
Old 09-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Haven't seen anything new on this - is this project still alive?
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 09-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'm still around here occassionally, I have not made any major updates to the XLobby skin in a while. But you can still find it over at XLobby.com and all the details about installation and setup are over there.