SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Customisable Menu's
Open API for creating plugins
Language changes in in a customisable manner
Ability to move buttons
Change background/button texture and shape
Change fonts
Support For Unicode Added.

Any additions before we make a request ?

Cheers

Mark
Old 07-25-2005, 03:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkimar
Customisable Menu's
Exists though my dynamic menu plugin -- V3 version coming soon (maybe tonight/tomorrow!)
Old 07-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

I agree, your import allows this.
I think that the requests are more for a piece of software, or a single STV that combines all the requests into a 'Studio Lite' or a theme designer (But with a bit more functionality).
Some of the requests (Open API) are - I would guess, more core functionality and as such may not be achievable - without amendment to Sage.

Anyway good luck with the Bambino, I have my 3'rd on the way (December) - 2 is real fun. (Except for the sleep deprivation).

Love your imports - thanks for being one of the rocks of the forum.

Cheers

Mark
Old 07-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
Not touchy on this subject in particular - pissed I'm at work on a Sunday morning. Sorry.

Edit: Ah, thanks for moving this Opus.
Well, I didn't realize this had been responded to..but to keep it short,

I think my comments were misread, lets forget about STUDIO, I want flexibilty in setting up my SAGE TV. Period. We say STUDIO, because this what Frey has told us this tool will be called. FOrget the tool, build this flexibilty into the program, and no more "gripes" from me!

KANATI has my point pretty well. All I want is some form of wizard to change background, setup my main menu as I see fit, reorganize any menu or page as well as add optional modules such as weater or com-skip avialble. The "average" user buying software at a big box store would not be able to handle studio as it is today. Myself probably included, but I'd like the ability to change what I want, and not depend on a few lucky peoples opinion on what works for them or looks good. This flexabilty was promised when I bought 2.0 when it first came out.

Cayars STV was pretty close, but not perfect, but still overly busy in some respects.

V3 looks like a step in the right direction, but more user flexibility would be great!

Last edited by broderp; 07-25-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
Well, I didn't realize this had been responded to..but to keep it short,

I think my comments were misread, lets forget about STUDIO, I want flexibilty in setting up my SAGE TV. Period. We say STUDIO, because this what Frey has told us this tool will be called. FOrget the tool, build this flexibilty into the program, and no more "gripes" from me!

KANATI has my point pretty well. All I want is some form of wizard to change background, setup my main menu as I see fit, reorganize any menu or page as well as add optional modules such as weater or com-skip avialble. The "average" user buying software at a big box store would not be able to handle studio as it is today. Myself probably included, but I'd like the ability to change what I want, and not depend on a few lucky peoples opinion on what works for them or looks good. This flexabilty was promised when I bought 2.0 when it first came out.

Cayars STV was pretty close, but not perfect, but still overly busy in some respects.

V3 looks like a step in the right direction, but more user flexibility would be great!
Let me second (or third) this thought. A simple configurator that does the following would suffice for me:

- Style formatting (Background, font, simple button layout (left, right , center & maybe shape))
- Custom menu items (both internal and external commands)

And that's it. Would everyone at a 'big box' retailer want this? No, but a good percentage would think it was cool, and an even larger percentage would be excited by the huge number of downloadable skins there would suddenly be available...

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 07-26-2005, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
- Custom menu items (both internal and external commands)
Exists, and has existed since 2.0...

http://www.sage-community.org/index....uleDynamicMenu
Old 07-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Exists, and has existed since 2.0...

http://www.sage-community.org/index....uleDynamicMenu
Indeed, and we all really appreciate the hard work that you've put into it. I use most of your plugins myself However, I was thinking of something with a simple GUI, that allows simple configuration with clearly defined text fields and/or drop down menus.

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 07-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Sage Expert

A gui designer somewhat like VB where you just drop menu items on a "form", but obviously more clearly defined as being for sage. Each menu item would either be a command, or a link to another menu.

Think about how you design menu's for a dvd. Same thing. Create a button on a background. The background could be any graphic. Set the button "image". Set the button's "highlighting" (either a separate image or a regular highlight around the button)... Then set what the button does. Either a command (play, tv guide, delete, execute blah.exe, etc etc) or a link to another menu just like the one you just created.

THAT would go 90% of the way to allowing all the customization that most people would want I would think.