SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Sage User

Adding Channels, EPG's etc

Hi everyone,

I am now going through my EPG in SageTV and I notice that Zap2It doesn't include some of the channels I can tune in. I don't care about the EPG data for these channels at the moment but I want them to at least appear so I am able to tune to them with SageTV.

While on the topice of EPG's, for anyone who is receiving two providers on one Tuner card how are you going about getting EPG data for both providers. I have read a bit on the XML scripts, importers, combiners etc but it is all very confusing as there are about ten separate threads and trying to sift through them all and find out exactly what I need to do is tricky at best.

Thanks everyone,

Kevin

Last edited by ould; 03-14-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
this thread is about MYTheatre plugin, not about using this for so called FTA/VPLUG etc..

I suggest that you keep that topic to yourself, before this option of sage is cutoff like other HTPC softwares have done in the past.

Please use some better judgement and take it to email/PM and not on a public forum.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Sage User

Motofreak.

Was that statement directed at me or Technazz? Sorry if I was out of line but I saw other people asking similar questions to what I have asked in this same thread. I was mainly asking how to add extra channels to SageTV which don't show up with Zap2It. Sorry if I went in to too much detail. You refer to FTA which if I am not mistaken means free to air. Sorry again, I am sorta new to this.

Kevin
Old 03-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Sage Expert

if you have read all the post in the past few days, this was directed to everyone.

thanks for your edit Ould

Last edited by Motofreak75; 03-14-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Sage User

Back on topic, can anyone answer my question regarding adding channels to SageTV which do not come up using Zap2It channel lists. I have a handful of channels that I can tune to in MyTheater which do not appear in SageTV so just want to add them in so I can at least tune them. I don't care about EPG data for these channels at this juncture. I am just trying to work out all my issues first.

What's the best way to combine multiple providers into one EPG. I see alot of XML scripts etc but it is hard to figure out which ones to use or which will work for us.

Has anyone solved the audio bug where audio seems to get lost after changing channels? I am going to play around with My channels.mdb in MyTheater and see if anything helps, this bug is rather annoying. I can deal with the slow channel changes and the not perfect EPG for now but losing audio when I change channels will be hard to live with.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Thanks,
Old 03-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

My channel change start back to be long in SageTV and while troubleshooting the problem i found that it come from Mytheatre because when changing channel in MT and right after that clicking the record button it take about 5-6 seconds before my file size start going up. Is there someting i can do about that ?
Old 03-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sound Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Try 1080i you might me supprised that it works.

I have the same issue switching from a HDTV (AC3,5.1) to a SDTV channels I loose audio. I stop or Sleep Sage then I can select the channel I want.

Technazz
Try this in your config:
Code:
videoframe/fast_file_switching=false
This fixed my sound issues after a channel change
Old 03-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariJeff
Try this in your config:
Code:

Thanks

Ill give it a try..

Technazz
Old 03-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariJeff
Try this in your config:
Code:
Good call! I can confirm this fix works for me at least.

I was having this issue with regular SD switching between AC3 and MPEG Audio streams coming from MyTheatre (I have MT set to switch to AC3 automatically if available).

Using this, Sage automatically switches between AC3 and MPEG audio sources with no need to stop and restart the stream!

This should probably be added to the MTPlugin documentation if it hasn't already.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Sage Expert

this setting is default from Beta 4.18 and up. Unless you have upgraded from 4.16 then for some silly reason it retains =TRUE ?

this is what I found.

Is anyone still geting EOS ?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75

this setting is default from Beta 4.18 and up. Unless you have upgraded from 4.16 then for some silly reason it retains =TRUE ?

this is what I found.

Im working on the road until friday and I can't test the AC3/5.1 switching fix .

I have seen EOS bug with seeker/fast_mux_switch=true I set it to false and it seems to improves the pause but Im not 100%.

I also got a SkyStar 2 PCI and the channels changing seems a little quicker (now its 6-8 secs) with that compared to my Twinhan 102G (8-12sec) but I rarely switch live tv anymore

Technazz

Last edited by technazz; 03-28-2006 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Sage User

I am still getting the end of show bug. It seems to be intermittent though. Sometimes I will get it and sometimes I won't. I am using the latest beta if that makes a difference. I am going to try the fix above for the AC3 bug, would be sweet if that is fixed, then the only outstanding bug for me will be the end of show.

Kevin
Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75

this is what I found.

Thats exactly what I did. I had 4.16 and I upgraded to the latest 4.10 and it was still set to true, so FYI to anyone upgrading be sure to double check it.

This fixed the AC3 switch issue for me and I *think* the EOS issue, but I need to run it with this change a little longer to confirm that 100%.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by xred
Thats exactly what I did. I had 4.16 and I upgraded to the latest 4.10 and it was still set to true, so FYI to anyone upgrading be sure to double check it.

This fixed the AC3 switch issue for me and I *think* the EOS issue, but I need to run it with this change a little longer to confirm that 100%.

Ok I finally got home from my business trip and changed the videoframe/fast_file_switching=false and I do NOT have the EOS and any AC3/5.1 issues all is good. WAF is UP!!

Technazz
Old 04-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Sage User

You can program channels in your lineup that don't appear in the Zap2IT listing by going to "setup menu/setup video sources" selecting the appropriate tuner/lineup and selecting "channel setup" then "add channel to lineup". Enter the callsign then enter the channel number and leave the station id blank. This will add the channel to your lineup. The EPG will show "no data" but you will be able to tune the channel.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:27 PM

Has anybody gotthis to work with a Twinhan Starbox DVB-S box?
I can only get Sagetv to recognize the Starbox using the BDA driver but MT only recognizes it using the regular WDM driver.

Thanks for any advice
Old 04-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGeorge
Has anybody gotthis to work with a Twinhan Starbox DVB-S box?
I can only get Sagetv to recognize the Starbox using the BDA driver but MT only recognizes it using the regular WDM driver.

Thanks for any advice
You only have to get MT to recognize the device. Once it works in MT, you manually add the encoder to the Sage.properties file. Sage should never have to actually recognize the capture driver for the device.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:16 PM

Thanks for the reply,

Once I re-read the guide, I guessed that was the case.
One other question. How do I get my remote to work in Sage? While going through the config wizard, I tried using it but Sage didnt seem to respond.

Regards,

David
Old 04-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGeorge
Thanks for the reply,

Once I re-read the guide, I guessed that was the case.
One other question. How do I get my remote to work in Sage? While going through the config wizard, I tried using it but Sage didnt seem to respond.

Regards,

David
THe twinhan remote/ir receiver is not supported by sage. Look at getting one that is. I suggest an USB-UIRT and any remote that you like. I have the MX-500 Home Theatre Master which Ive had for 3 years and I love it.

technazz
Old 04-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
THe twinhan remote/ir receiver is not supported by sage. Look at getting one that is. I suggest an USB-UIRT and any remote that you like. I have the MX-500 Home Theatre Master which Ive had for 3 years and I love it.

technazz
Sorry to contradict, but the Twinhan IR receiver does in fact work with Sage. I use one daily with my Hamony 520. Normally you don't have to install anything, just plug it in and its recognized as a USD HID device. That said, last time I did an install I did have to install the Twinhan driver to get it recognized. Once I did so though it worked like a charm again.

I simply go in to Setup - Detailed Setup -> Commands then map the remote keys to IR / keystroke (top option)

On my latest build I actually cracked the receiver out of its plastic case, routed the cable through the PC and mounted it right in the LCD window of my case.