SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Sage Icon

your channels.mdb is not configured correctly then. Go through the pdf again and make sure that you have that part right.

I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragon
I can't seem to get this working. Sage TV just reports "no signal". My Theatre is working fine, and I can see it changing channels when I request them in Sage, but I still get no video displayed in Sage? Any idea's?

Thanks

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would like to upgrade to version 6 but i only got one problem MYtheatre DVB Network encoder have some issue with my setup. Everything work just fine except when it change recording file on new show the image freeze and i have to do a channel change to fix that. For now i am using it with version 5 of Sagetv and it work without a glitch (sometimes got a black pictur but it's more a plugin problem with emunation) but there is new feature and customization that i would like to have in version 6. Is there someone that got an idea about my problem ?
Old 12-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Sage Icon

my guess is that either you have not changed this setting to this: seeker/fast_mux_switch=false

or you are using DP lnb's and are not providing enough power to switch channels.

Either case, V6 doesnt have anything to do with it. v6 works fine with this plugin/

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

I like that kind of answer, if your setup work fine doesn't mean that the problem don't come from version 6, if you read my post correctly you will notice that on the same machine with version 5 everything work correctly. For your first point yes i have had this line in my sage properties file and for your second point no i don't use a DP lnb switch i only got my antenna directly connected behind my DBV-S card.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
do you have "videoframe/safe_fast_file_switching=" set to false.

And Nox71, I wouldnt try and be a smart ass, when people are trying to help and your not providing enough information about your settings. Beside talking/mention about "emunation" is not allowed here & will not get you brownie points! there is no need to have talk like here.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

your on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox71
I like that kind of answer, if your setup work fine doesn't mean that the problem don't come from version 6, if you read my post correctly you will notice that on the same machine with version 5 everything work correctly. For your first point yes i have had this line in my sage properties file and for your second point no i don't use a DP lnb switch i only got my antenna directly connected behind my DBV-S card.

My sage rigs:
Old 12-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I like that kind of answer, if your setup work fine doesn't mean that the problem don't come from version 6, if you read my post correctly...
This is a user-to-user forum, you rely on goodwill to get help. Doubt if you'll see any more...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 12-27-2006, 01:05 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I would like to upgrade to version 6 but i only got one problem MYtheatre DVB Network encoder have some issue with my setup. Everything work just fine except when it change recording file on new show the image freeze and i have to do a channel change to fix that. For now i am using it with version 5 of Sagetv and it work without a glitch (sometimes got a black pictur but it's more a plugin problem with emunation) but there is new feature and customization that i would like to have in version 6. Is there someone that got an idea about my problem ?
All bickering aside, I have had this same exact problem and was wondering if anyone else had found a solution other than going back to version 5. It is really annoying to have every show freeze at the end.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

When you report problems or ask for help, It's a good idea to provide the specific DVB Card & Type, MT & SageTV version, MT Plugins used ( If appropriate ). A copy of the plugin log ( with Debug mode enabled ) is essential and a SageTV log with debug_logging=TRUE can be useful.

Without the above information, it is nigh on impossible for anyone to diagnose what problem you may be having with your particular setup.

Cheers

Peter
Old 12-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Sage User

peter did u ever get the radio part fixed?
Old 12-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Sage User

Fixed my problem...checked my properties file, and changed a couple vales to false, according to recommendations in earlier posts. Forgot I did a total reinstall of sage and lost my orginal properties values.
All seems to work well now.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Sage User

hey peter...

i have no problems with mt sage in v6 expect no audio on music channels...
i tried setting up mt 3.37 to record them as mpeg2 but still no go?
have u had any luck getting it to work?
Old 12-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Sage Expert

that would have to be fixed by Sage, to accept audio stream only, to bad we cant mark those channels like you can get analog tuner to get FM signal.

(insert a hint for sage below)
Old 12-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75
that would have to be fixed by Sage, to accept audio stream only, to bad we cant mark those channels like you can get analog tuner to get FM signal.

Off topic, but it would actually be a great feature and unique among PVRs (to my knowledge), if Sage allowed you to add radio tuners using the same method and functionality they use for Video Tuners, each with their own lineup and even an EPG if the data is available.

Tuners added to the "Audio Sources" could work just like the Video Sources and distributed over the Client / Server model.... You could then add FM Tuners, or Satellite Radio stations available on Tuners (Dish, DirecTV XM, Sirius etc.) and even Web Radio (treated like a network tuners maybe?) stations.

Realistically I would settle for simple CD audio playback and support for Pandora in the Online Services section, but I guess one can dream.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Sage User

the pc i am running sage on is a dual p4 2.8ghz, 2 gig ram, ati all in one wonder ve,2x dvb-s (twinhan 102g) ,msi geforce fx 5200 , all on a 109 inch screen and a 52 inch wide screen threw hemi.
mtsage part good but something else is wrong with sage.
menu's dissapear after a few hours,channel number,epg,main menu's,etc..etc..
i have java 1.4.2_11 so not java and sage is stock.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak75

Well, another option would be to make Mytheatre output some kind of video stream when tuned to radio channels. Perhaps a pre-recorded Mpeg on a loop?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Sage Expert

hmm

why dont we cut to the chase, and get your so called provider & get all the other free music channels to do that, instead of getting sage to do it.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh9man
Fixed my problem...checked my properties file, and changed a couple vales to false, according to recommendations in earlier posts. Forgot I did a total reinstall of sage and lost my orginal properties values.
All seems to work well now.
Which settings exactly did you change?? I am experiencing the same problem... and would like a fix.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Solve it by my own (almost just add this line to my sage.properties file videoframe/safe_fast_file_switching=false)! I want to apologize the way i reply to Insomniac last week the only thing i was meaning with that kind of answer is that when i do a post in this forum this is only after i had tried everything i know by myself to solve my problem. Now i bought my version 6 upgrade and my htpc is fully functionnal with that version. Thanks to everybody for your help

Ho and by the way i now have my setup config as my signature below !
Old 12-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Sage Icon

Glad your up and running. And thank you for posting what fixed your problem.

I.

My sage rigs: