SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ugghh for the trial version you gotta order the cd kit lol i don't know if I can wait for that

Thanks anyways

Carl
Old 12-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dammit, what a P.I.T.A. Well, i ordered the trial cd, now just to wait. MT works good the way it is right now, and and with yoja's recorder Sage worked good (except for the missing of channel changes at times). Is that an indication that the mdb's alright? I'm still thinking that there's something wrong with it,cause in my log I always get "12/17/2005 12:04:04 AM ERROR - No Matching MyTheatre details found for SageTV Channel No : 107".

I feel like I've just been hogtied by Wild Bill (Gates that is)

Carl
Old 12-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

I don't have Access installed on any of my PC's, but I can open channels.mdb using Base db front-end from OpenOffice without a problem. I suspect that ADO/MDC stuff was installed as part of the .NET 1.1 runtime ( which was required for the ATI CCC drivers).. But if you don't wan't to install that - you can download just the ADO/MDC runtime components from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en.

You may find that there are some differences between the channels.mdb for MT 3.27 & MT 3.33.3, but you should be able to migrate the old version to the new. The error you've currently got would indicate that there is not a corresponding channel with the channel # of 107 in the Favourite you have defined for use by the plugin.

Cheers

Peter
Old 12-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hmmm thanks Peter, but it didn't work...I do have .netframework and all that installed. I'm using XP Pro, and at some point the .mdb files did get access icons in the folder so I'm not sure what the hell is happening. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe my .mdb file is just corrupt or something? But then how could MT use it I've attached my .mdb, in hope that someone might see if this file can be opened. I'd definitely appreciate it. About the channel, there definitely is a #107 in the favourite group SageTv. I've added all the channels pretty much to that favourite, because I've been using sdvbrecorder for the last I don't know how long...I get the same error for every channel I try to switch to.

Thanks for the help,

Carl
Attached Files
File Type: zip Channels.zip (521.8 KB, 390 views)
Old 12-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

I tried opening your file and it opens. But when I try to open a table I get this error.

I had the same error. I had to create a blank database and copy over all the tables. Then rename the database back to channels.mdb. This solved my problem.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp error.bmp (175.1 KB, 280 views)

Clients: HP dm1(E350), HD-100
Old 12-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Strange.....well it looks like both my access and mdb are crapped out
Are you using the access that comes with the xp updates or do you actually have access installed? Thanks for checking it out for me

Carl

Edited to add: Although I'm sure my mdb is screwed here's some logs to look at.....
Attached Files
File Type: zip Card1.zip (2.3 KB, 207 views)
File Type: zip Card1_Indy.zip (3.7 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by CarlG; 12-17-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

My laptop is from work and has Access pre-installed.

I have cleaned up your database and now is error free. Once you get MS Access installed properly you should be able to use it.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

File.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Channels.zip (149.7 KB, 339 views)

Old 12-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Still can't get it to open, still get the unrecognized database format error which confirms it's broken. Gonna go test a bit more now see if my logs have changed at all....

Thanks again bud

Carl
Old 12-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to vuego
CarlG I'm not sure what you're trying to do but Channel Master can open your file
Old 12-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuego
CarlG I'm not sure what you're trying to do but Channel Master can open your file
SWEET! Thanks alot man, that's just what the doctor ordered! I'm trying to edit the channels types all to type1 which the plugin will recognize. Thanks again, excellent

Carl

-It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase...
-Deep Purple
Old 12-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Very Nice Peter! I got it working very well today...very reliable channel changes, although a little slow but I'm sure not gonna complain. C'Mon buddy, open up that paypal account

XRed-do you have that xmltv plugin working? I'm tryin to figure out how to use it but not having much luck (or brains LOL)

Great Job

Carl

-Deep Purple
Old 12-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG
Very Nice Peter! I got it working very well today...very reliable channel changes, although a little slow but I'm sure not gonna complain. C'Mon buddy, open up that paypal account

XRed-do you have that xmltv plugin working? I'm tryin to figure out how to use it but not having much luck (or brains LOL)

Great Job

Carl
Basically, you need to 2 things to get this to work.

1) a working XMLTV plugin from the forums here (I use Nielm's multisource version).

2) XMLTV2MTEPG from the files section of the Mytheatre forums (its the in the XMLTV section). Set this app to output the xmltv data and get that file to SageTV to import.

That should do it. Only problem I am having is that data imported from XMLTV is all marked first run which screws up my favorites a bit...
Old 12-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xred
Basically, you need to 2 things to get this to work.

1) a working XMLTV plugin from the forums here (I use Nielm's multisource version).

2) XMLTV2MTEPG from the files section of the Mytheatre forums (its the in the XMLTV section). Set this app to output the xmltv data and get that file to SageTV to import.

That should do it. Only problem I am having is that data imported from XMLTV is all marked first run which screws up my favorites a bit...
Omg, i can't believe I didn't think of getting a xmltv plugin DUH

Thanks for your help and for keeping on top of this, within one day my sage just got a whole lot better Much appreciated

Cheers!

Carl

-Deep Purple
Old 12-22-2005, 07:00 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks for this, going to try it out at the weekend. One question: do you need to buy MT to use this plugin? Another $40 seems a bit steep just to hack it into Sage...
Old 12-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

yep, need to buy MT. And for what your getting, its a bargain.

I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Thanks for this, going to try it out at the weekend. One question: do you need to buy MT to use this plugin? Another $40 seems a bit steep just to hack it into Sage...

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac
And for what your getting, its a bargain.
Do you think? I'd agree if I was using it as my main PVR program, but it's only in use as a network encoder...I really don't think it's worth that outlay. Unfortunately, Anders's SBDARecorder can't currently tune UK channels, so this is the only other method for now. Maybe I'll give it a go on the trial basis, see how stable it is...
Old 12-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'd suggest that you trial MT and then make up your own mind. For my two cents, Saar has developed a great piece of software that reliably supports recording and viewing DVB using a multitude of DVB-C/S/T cards via WDM or BDA drivers. If you take a look at the number of threads regarding issues in relation to US HDTV support in SageTV. You can see just how problematic this type of implementation is to get working across a diverse range of hardware platforms. BTW Saar also provides free upgrades, free support and allows you to run your licenced copy on multiple machines - Not bad for a once off fee of $40..

DVB Support does not appear to be a high priority for SageTV. So there is a high likely hood that we're always going to have to rely on external program support to provide this type functionality. Thankfully, SageTV provides the Network Encoder Protocol to allow it to happen. I'm not saying that MT is perfect, because it isn't. I'd be happy if Saar was able to produce a MyTheatre 'light' that merely provides tuning, recording and EPG functionality. But hey - It works!

Now as for describing my work as a hack into SageTV - Well that's another topic for discussion..

Cheers

Peter
Old 12-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

yea..i was going to comment on that but....

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjb
Not bad for a once off fee of $40..
Sure, but that's on top of the Sage price. Ah, I'm just tight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjb
Now as for describing my work as a hack into SageTV - Well that's another topic for discussion..
No offence intended!
Your efforts are much appreciated. It's the work of people like you coding plugins and enhancements that makes Sage such a strong contender when choosing a PVR program.

Thanks!