SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Sage Icon

This may not be a problem with the latest releases, but with my still-limited understanding of how Sage works...but I thought if I enabled the "Remove Padding on back-to-back favourites" it would do so for any two back-to-back favourite programs on the same tuner? So Channel1-Tuner1 padded followed immediately by Channel2-Tuner1 padded would automatically remove the padding, no conflict. Seems like now, if the favourites are on different channels on the same tuner, Sage reports a conflict anyway, but not if they are are on the same channel.

Has it always been this way? Am I losing my mind?

Thanks,
Rick
Old 10-25-2005, 01:58 AM
Administrator

That is only for shows on the same channel (& has always been taht way) -- if you check the dialog when you click that option, you'll note that it specifies "same channel". You don't actually lose anything when they are on the same channel by skipping the padding, because one recording or the other would have what the other one misses, while skipping the padding on separate channels would dump any overlap.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:06 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks for that. It would be a handy feature though, because I'd rather lose the padding than the entire program, but so long as I keep an eye on the conflicts I can avoid it...I guess others would say they want the warning.

(Thought I posted this in a different thread!)

Rick
Old 10-25-2005, 02:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
(Thought I posted this in a different thread!)
Actually, you posted it to 2 threads. I saw & answered this one first, so I deleted the duplicate post.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:14 AM
Sage Icon

Ah, I stopped the post to this one because I figured it was the wrong thread, refreshed the thread and it wasn't there, so posted to another. I guess the proxy didn't serve up a new version of this thread...

I'll get the hang of this interweb thing before too long!

Rick