SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
Quick question that I'm not sure will be of any importance.

But did you guys start with a fresh STV? Or did you try to reimport over the old version??

Jim
Completey fresh version.....
Old 09-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok.. Last thing I can think of..

Is it for everything or just shows that have episodes??

It's known that shows that have episodes will not show anything for cast or backstage... I believe that this will get fixed... but for now it's broken..

Now.. does it work for you for movies?

Jim
Old 09-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ok.. Last thing I can think of..

Is it for everything or just shows that have episodes??

It's known that shows that have episodes will not show anything for cast or backstage... I believe that this will get fixed... but for now it's broken..

Now.. does it work for you for movies?

Jim
Yep, that was it. If that was already posted and I didn't see it, sorry :0-)

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to 4.1

Stacy
Old 09-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

i think this was already said.. but you can go into any of the episodes and it should show the correct stuff
Old 09-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

New Jar file...

Give this one a try. I believe that it will fix the blank cast and backstage for show that have episodes...

I'm sure nielm will bundle this with the next release.. but if you have to have it now.. try it.. Make sure you exit sage before you overwrite the old jar file.

Let me know if this fixes it for you guys...

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: zip nielm_sageimdb.zip (42.3 KB, 457 views)
Old 09-09-2006, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Give this one a try. I believe that it will fix the blank cast and backstage for show that have episodes...

I'm sure nielm will bundle this with the next release.. but if you have to have it now.. try it.. Make sure you exit sage before you overwrite the old jar file.

Jim
Works for me ...

Thanks !

Dirk
Old 09-09-2006, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Jim
Cast still doesn't work for me at all. Movies or tv shows, cast just doesn't work and it's the main feature of IMDB that I'd use.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

I get a "failed to load SageIMDB java class"
Old 09-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
Cast still doesn't work for me at all. Movies or tv shows, cast just doesn't work and it's the main feature of IMDB that I'd use.
Something else must still be broken because only shows with episodes seemed to be broken... Check for a couple posts above that Nielm wrote to look for some things like a net directory and such

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
I get a "failed to load SageIMDB java class"
Did you shut sage off completly before you copied the new JAR over? Make sure that the file date for the JAR file is 9/9/2006. Also make sure that you don't have an old JAR file somewhere else in the Sage directory.. Search for JAR files from your sage root directory and see if maybe there isn't an errant JAR file somewhere.

ke6guj, if you keep getting that error after completly restarting sage and checking the jar file, then nielm will probably have to help.. Sorry...

At least it works for flachbar So I don't think I busted anything...

Jim
Old 09-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Did you shut sage off completly before you copied the new JAR over? Make sure that the file date for the JAR file is 9/9/2006. Also make sure that you don't have an old JAR file somewhere else in the Sage directory.. Search for JAR files from your sage root directory and see if maybe there isn't an errant JAR file somewhere.

ke6guj, if you keep getting that error after completly restarting sage and checking the jar file, then nielm will probably have to help.. Sorry...

At least it works for flachbar So I don't think I busted anything...

Jim
Yup, I shut down sage completely before copying the JAR over. It is the 9/9/2006 version. If I replace it with the 8/31 copy it works fine. put back in the 9/9 copy and fail to load. I did open up the 9/9 JAR in winRAR and did see a couple extra files starting with # that aren't in the 8/31 version. Could the 9/9 version need Java 1.5 instead of 1.4?

edit: Yup that was it, needed Java1.5. Works fine now. Not that big a deal, been meaning to update for a couple reasons. Just worried about the handles problem. I'll try 1.5.05 since that seems to be a good one.

Last edited by ke6guj; 09-09-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
edit: Yup that was it, needed Java1.5. Works fine now. Not that big a deal, been meaning to update for a couple reasons. Just worried about the handles problem. I'll try 1.5.05 since that seems to be a good one.
Yep, confirmed, it does not work with 1.4.
Jim, did you have to use any 1.5 specific constructs, or just compiled it with 1.5 by accident ?

Dirk
Old 09-09-2006, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Deleting the net folder got the one from August working, but I get the same error ke6guj did when trying the new one. I'll just stick with the old one because java 1.5 just introduces far too many potential problems. I've used it before without issue, but downgraded awhile back and don't want to tempt fate.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yep, confirmed, it does not work with 1.4.
Jim, did you have to use any 1.5 specific constructs, or just compiled it with 1.5 by accident ?
Dirk
No nothing 1.5 specific... but I guess that's what it compiles with because that's what I have on my development machine... I'll check the changes in and then Niel can compile it with 1.4 until I figure out how to do it....

Jim
Old 09-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Niel,

On your Wiki page you recommend DL'ing the Gant images for the menu icons. I never really did that (after 2 plus years LOL) and just recently installed them. I was very impressed and so I sought out his website and other (more) icons ... WOW.

Question is ... is there a way to add some more icons to the menus (especially the ones we add thru Dynamic Menu) easily, or is this a job of the Studio??? I would like to use some Icons for some of the custom links I have added.

Thanks and great job (as always)
Old 09-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
You know.. I deleted my post saying that I think the Cast listing was broke again...thinking it was just me! This new .jar fixed Nielm's newest release.. and it works fine with the new release of Jump to Detail Info.

Somebody tell IMDB to stop messing with Sage!!!!
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 09-09-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No nothing 1.5 specific... but I guess that's what it compiles with because that's what I have on my development machine... I'll check the changes in and then Niel can compile it with 1.4 until I figure out how to do it....

Jim
I think you can use the -target 1.4 javac compiler switch ...

Dirk
Old 09-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

try again....

Ok.. I think I compiled it for 1.4.. But since I don't have a way to test it... I'll let you guys try....

It did compile for 1.4.... but it broke my ISO parser... So that have to be 1.5 (5.0) for those that use the ISO parser (Which is a seperate JAR anyway)..

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: zip nielm_sageimdb.zip (42.3 KB, 413 views)
Old 09-09-2006, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok.. I think I compiled it for 1.4.. But since I don't have a way to test it... I'll let you guys try....

It did compile for 1.4.... but it broke my ISO parser... So that have to be 1.5 (5.0) for those that use the ISO parser (Which is a seperate JAR anyway)..

Jim
Do we just copy and paste the file or do we have to re-import everything?
Old 09-09-2006, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

New version released:
Sep 9 2006 4.1 for SageTV 5.0
  • STV: RIGHT key now selects in lists (so you can forward/back with left/right)
  • STV: NTE status icons in search page
  • JAR: fixed cast/backstage lists for TV series (thanks jbuszkie)

(so if you just want the series cast list parsing to work, you don't need to re-import, just restart sage)
Old 09-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

There's absolutely no way to use this with SageMC, huh? I'd love to use this.