SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Manually Moving Shows to Video Library

In the enhancements list for RC3 it listed the ability to manually move recorded shows to the video library without losing guide information for the show. I have to questions here;

1. Does 'manually move' mean moving using something like Windows Explorer?

2. Does the Video Library have to be available all the time? Is it possible to have it attached as an external device to a system other than the Sage system but accessible via a local LAN only when needed?

Thanks!

Karen
NVidia GeForceX 5700
Hauppage WinTV PVR-350
1 TB Hard Drive space
Old 10-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Administrator

1) Yes; while SageTV is closed.

2) I haven't tried that. But, it used to be that if the drive where recordings were stored was not visible to SageTV, it wouldn't get rid of them from its database & would only dump the files from its list if the drive was visible & it could see that the recordings were not there. it _might_ still work that way -- you could try it with one or 2 files & let us all know.

(Remember - the shows will be listed in the archives after moving them, not in the video library screen.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Okay, here is what happened.

I'm currently having USB 2.0 problems with my @!#$%$@@!@ ASUS motherboard so I simply added the new drive to my personal system which only runs a Sage Client. I then created and directory on the new drive and then added that directory to Sage as the Video Import Directory using UNC conventions.

After shutting down Sage, I moved some files from the Sage Capture Directories to a directory on my system and then deleted the original files. Once Sage started back up, the files appeared as archieved files. All program info was intact. I was able to unarchieve and re-archieve the files with no problem.

So everything seems to be working fine so far.

Thanks for the the help Andy!

Karen
NVidia GeForceX 5700
Hauppage WinTV PVR-350
1 TB Hard Drive space
Old 10-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Administrator

For anyone interested in moving files like this: based on other forum posts talking about moving/renaming/compressing recordings while SageTV is still running, I did some more testing.

While SageTV is still running:

If you move a recording to an import dir, delete the recording from the SageTV Recordings screen (the file doesn't actualy get deleted because you already moved it; it just gets removed from the list of recordings), then rescan the lib dirs, the recording will be seen as archived.

If you do not delete the recording from the SageTV Recordings list before rescanning the lib, SageTV will think the airing's file still exists & will put the imported recording into the Video Library instead. (But, after I did this, I deleted it from the SageTV Recordings list, moved the file to another import dir, and then it was recognized & archived on the next lib scan.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Sage Expert

Is this

Begin quote
then rescan the lib dirs
End quote

the same as choosing

Setup
Refresh Imported Media

??

If not what menu choice do I need to make to do this? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Looked in help files and couldn't figure it out.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Yes, that would be "Refresh Imported Media" in the Setup Menu.

- Andy
Old 03-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks, another question.

When you do this.

Move files.
Delete files from recording listings
then go setting refresh imported media

how long should that last step take and do you need to leave the OK button up or can you click on it and clear it.

Once you clear it how can you tell when it's done refreshing?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher
then go setting refresh imported media

how long should that last step take and do you need to leave the OK button up or can you click on it and clear it.

Once you clear it how can you tell when it's done refreshing?
That dialog just tells you the process has started; you can close it at any time & that has no affect on the scanning process. The STV doesn't tell you the process is done.

- Andy