SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-29-2005, 03:36 PM

Multiple Capture cards

In an effort to use an older pc as a PVR I started out with a Hauppauge Win TV -150 card and everything has been working perfectly, using the Hauppauge recording software. I then wanted to add more capabiltity so I purchased the Sage TV-Hauppauge 500mce bundle. The question that I now have is when I go to configure my capture cards I see only capture and capture #2 listed. I thought with the 500 being a dual card I would see or be able to configure 3 capture cards. I am only able to see the two no matter what I do. So I guess I have to ask, what am I doing wrong or are my expectations off?

If I look at Sage.Properties I can see all three capture devices listed with the appropriate 0,1, and 2 designations. Any suggestions?

I am running an old Compag AMD Athlon 1.3Ghz, unknown motherboard, 1 gig memory and 40+ gig available on the hard drive, Windows XP Pro SP2 plus all updates since.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Sage Icon

Check the sage properties file (with Sage and Sage Service shut down) and look for a line with mmc/ignore_encoders= line. Make sure that one of your encoders didn't get droppedin there. If Sage encounters some problems with one or more encoders it will put them in there and you have to pull the encoder out of that line manually.

Just open sage.properties up in notepad and make sure you've got word wrap turned off before you save the file.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:28 AM

Wayne, Thanks for the quick follow up. According to Sage.properties the only encoder that is being ignored is my Sound Blaster card. There is no reference to the Hauppauge or Nvidia encoders. Will it hurt to remove the Sound Blaster from the ignore option?

Thanks,

Jim
Old 10-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdolan
Wayne, Thanks for the quick follow up. According to Sage.properties the only encoder that is being ignored is my Sound Blaster card. There is no reference to the Hauppauge or Nvidia encoders. Will it hurt to remove the Sound Blaster from the ignore option?
I'll let someone else handle the "will it hurt" question. I've got several things on my mmc_ignore line, but none of them are my PVR cards and they all work, with sound and video so "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". So I've left all the other items in there on my system.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:09 PM

Thanks again for the quick update. I think I will leave the current settings as they are. Back to another point. With a Hauppauge 150 and 500 card in the same machine, if I go into Sage TV, Set up option and then look at the System Information, I currently see two listings for "recording", is that accurate or should I see 3?

Thanks again.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Administrator

With a 150 & a 500, there should be a total of 3 tuenrs available. Is this v2? In Detailed Setup -> Setup Wizard, you have 2 sources configured? If you choose the "Add New Source" button, how many devices are listed on the next screen? If there are 3 devices listed there, then don't forget that you have to configure both sources on the 500.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:16 PM

Check your device manager for any problem under System Device it could there a problem that keep the 2nd encoder from loading up.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:21 AM

Thanks to all replys. The problem was resolved when Hauppauge sent me a new "prerelease" driver and I installed it. Now I see all of the cards and I may have eliminated an "intermitent loss of sound problem" which is why I contacted Hauppauge.

This is Sage TV 2.2 just to follow up on other questions.

Thanks again, the problem is resolved and I am a happy camper again.

Jim
Old 11-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Installed 2nd pvr 150 and no sound on ch. 15

After over 6 months with one capture card I added another 150. I had no audio(on the original card) on 3-4 channels (premium ch., hbo, tmc, max) but was able to fix all but one by editing the registry and tweaking the tuning. Is this a problem with Sage or with Hauppauge cards? I'm afraid if I tweak the registry tuning for the new card it may affect the old card which is ok on ch. 15. Any thoughts?
Randy

Cel 1.7, XP pro sp2, 9600xt, 768mb ram, 2x maxtor 40gb ata, Media mvp, Sage 4.0, Matt's plugin, 10/100 wired network, Thermaltake Htpc case
Old 11-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

I had a problem with the PVR-500MCE when I first installed it too. The system would not recognize the card properly and of course SageTV wouldn't show the correct amount of capture cards. After searching for answers on google, it turned out that my motherboard PCI drivers needed to be updated. Everything worked out well afterward. I have an Asus K8V-SE Deluxe motherboard.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

Thanks for the response. I do have the original mb drivers--I'll give that a try.
Randy