SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Considering your resume I'd say longer than most people realize.

Believe it not I've been in the software business almost 30 years and as we all know most visionaries don't get 'this' day. A vision realized. So very cool man.

Sincere congratulations are in order for the development team and the entire company.

Enjoy it today as your mailbox will be stuffed tomorrow (already?). As you know from the developers POV the app is never finished.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex

Enjoy! I've been waiting for this day for awhile.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Come on Dan or Jeff...At least confirm or deny that is is Hauppauge MVP based...

You don't have to say WHAT it is based on if not the MVP.... Just say a YES or NO to it being MVP based...

Please? Please? Please?

Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
from the press release:

here's hoping it will NOT be the mvp
Old 11-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

So here's a question.

Does the SDK expose enough that developers can add support for tuner cards like say the MYHD?

That is of course assuming MIT's was cooperative. Their US resellers seem to be opening up that door a little recently.

peace . . .
Old 11-02-2005, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

The Studio SDK is not the same as the Network Encoder API, which is what would be used to support the MyHD.

And, on that note, I hope to release a MyHD encoder for SageTV "really soon". I've got the MyHD control system working, and will be writing the code to hook it up as a Sage encoder tonight.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

.... and, yes, a little cooperation from MIT would be helpful. It seemed they were very much against supporting third party apps before, but perhaps that is changing. I just have a suspicion that they're willing to open up their app for improvements, but less willing to expose their hardware to other apps via a standard API such as COM. We'll see.

In the meantime, my service uses the MyHD.exe app's TCP socket API.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cool!

I agree they were almost insanely against supporting 3rd party apps which wouldn't be so bad if they actually were in the business of writing PVR software. It wasn't even a part of their core competency so it's been just really weird that they don't see how 3rd party software could sell tons more cards.

Very cool that you are working on this. I think a lot of people would agree that hardware encoding of HD is the current 'holy grail'.

Now that we have Studio that is, heh.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst
.... and, yes, a little cooperation from MIT would be helpful. It seemed they were very much against supporting third party apps before, but perhaps that is changing. I just have a suspicion that they're willing to open up their app for improvements, but less willing to expose their hardware to other apps via a standard API such as COM. We'll see.

In the meantime, my service uses the MyHD.exe app's TCP socket API.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
...I think a lot of people would agree that hardware encoding of HD is the current 'holy grail'...
Just so we're clear, I'm working on being able to record via MyHD in SageTV, not decoding using MyHD's hardware decoder. The only excitement about this is that it will be the first option for QAM in SageTV.

Using the MyHD for rendering would most definitely require the cooperation of MIT.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Holy cow! Sage with QAM support for the myhd 130 would seriously rule. I'm one of those people who require QAM, because my reception sucks.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Sage Expert

Awestruck!!

I've stunned by this release! A wide array of resources and a JAVA API exposed! This is awesome!

It's going to be a couple of days of just disgesting this. I'm am eagerly anticipating trying this out!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm glad that there is interest in a MyHD encoder for SageTV. I've established a thread for the MyHD discussion here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=121992 .

Let's move any further discussion of the as yet hypothetical MyHD encoder to that thread so as not to further pollute this thread, which should be all about how wonderful it is that the Studio is now available to all customers!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
which should be all about how wonderful it is that the Studio is now available to all customers!
Then let me get back to that topic by saying:

and Thank you Frey people!!!

Quote:
and i just got 3.0.14 stable
LOL, me too. Oh well, here goes another 2 weekends .