SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst
Quite likely a timing problem. Read through the posts above between thomaszoo and me for troubleshooting...
And he said "Let there be HD recording !" And, lo, there was, and all rejoiced !

At least on one channel. Really nice looking weather channel info !

Modified the timing settings to what worked for you and that did the trick. Next, go back into the MyHD channel list and add the other channels. Shouldn't be any problems doing that.

Thanks a bunch. And how's the new baby doing ?

Ken C
Old 11-10-2006, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
And he said "Let there be HD recording !" And, lo, there was, and all rejoiced !

At least on one channel. Really nice looking weather channel info !

Modified the timing settings to what worked for you and that did the trick. Next, go back into the MyHD channel list and add the other channels. Shouldn't be any problems doing that.

Thanks a bunch. And how's the new baby doing ?

Ken C
Um, I don't think I have a new baby.... I did get married in September, though, which may be what you're remembering!

The new wife is great. She rarely wakes me up in the middle of the night, I never have to change her diapers, and she's already walking on her own! They do grow up quickly these days!
Old 11-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Um, I don't think I have a new baby.... I did get married in September, though, which may be what you're remembering!

The new wife is great. She rarely wakes me up in the middle of the night, I never have to change her diapers, and she's already walking on her own! They do grow up quickly these days!

Knew it was some sort of life changing event, sorry about the confusion. Think I'll just slink out of here and go program some HD channels.

Ken C
Old 11-10-2006, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
Knew it was some sort of life changing event, sorry about the confusion. Think I'll just slink out of here and go program some HD channels.

Ken C
Don't be sorry, no offense taken. I'm glad we got the MyHD working.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've just recently been made aware of the resurgence of the MyHD/Sage development. Thank you Salsbst!! Of course, I ditched my MDP-130 several months ago, but will certainly reacquire another one so that I can have a QAM solution for Sage.

Just wondering if this still quite buggy or are a considerable number of Sage enthusiasts having terrific results with this solution? With no posts on this thread in 15 days, one can assume that either (a) all is working great, or (b) folks have given up.

I'd be grateful for some comments.

Thanks,
Old 11-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unless you are looking for hardware playback with MyHD, I would recommend going with the HD HomeRun (HDHR). It is a dual tuner box, each tuner can be used for either OTA or QAM. It plugs into your network so you don't need an additional slot. And it is less than $200! Right now the SageTV support is in the Beta phase but is progressing at light speed. Check out http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18 to see the progress being made (note how fast the bug fixes are coming out). I can tell you for OTA the set up is incredibly easy. I didn't even have to shutdown or restart my PC. I have had a few problems with the MyHD Encoder (probably still needs some minor tweaking on my end), but the HDHRs have been rock solid for OTA reception.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Ron,

The MyHD130 in my HTPC is working great. I do have some issues with picture quality, but that's not a problem with Salsbst's encoder. The installation instructions are a bit terse but, if followed, work. Once installed, the most difficult part was figuring out which QAM channels to use and associating them with the proper epg channel.

I've had the MyHD130 card for awhile, sitting in a box. It's great to finally see it integrated with Sage,

Ken C
Old 11-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Hopefully I will get my MyHD card going today.. I know I wont be buying a HDHomerun anytime soon, as I prefer to stick with what I know, and what I know works. So far, only the MyHd and the PC3000 are able to tune one of my QAM frequencies correctly, so thats where I am staying.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Hopefully I will get my MyHD card going today.. I know I wont be buying a HDHomerun anytime soon, as I prefer to stick with what I know, and what I know works. So far, only the MyHd and the PC3000 are able to tune one of my QAM frequencies correctly, so thats where I am staying.
I'll be looking forward to your post once you get your MyHD card installed, particularly concerning how easy or difficult it is to get the MyHD and Sage to coexist properly.

Thanks
Old 11-26-2006, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

If you already own a MyHD card, I think you'll find that my encoder works.

I wouldn't (yet) recommend purchasing a MyHD today, though, if you're trying to get QAM running in Sage. The HD Home Run is probably going to turn out to be a better choice for Sage integration (I've yet to test it, myself, so can't vouch yet).
Old 12-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is slightly off topic, but have you had any success launching the MYHD application for playback of SageTV files(using external application playack)? It's kind of unreliable for me-certain files load as blank screens, but if I open them manually from the MYHD application they play back. I can't seem to get any currently-recording files to play.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not off topic I too would be interested in this. I can throw together a pc with a MyHD card I have lying around. The MyHD Playback is very nice and extremelely stable. It would be great if anyone had ideas on how it can be used to play back files within sage.

Darin
Old 12-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've decided to pursue the MyHD route and acquired an MDP-130. Currently configuring it, and perhaps I may answer my own question as I proceed with the install, but I was wondering if the OTA tuner can be used along with the cable tuner? The reason I ask is that in the encoder properties, I see that the tuning mode is "Cable".
Old 12-02-2006, 12:01 PM
SageTVaholic

I've never used OTA, so I can't say for sure, but as long as you can assemble one set of virtual channels in MyHD that uses both the OTA and QAM tuners, then you should be able to use both within the encoder seamlessly (but only one at a time). The "cable" type in the encoder properties is completely meaningless/has no effect for the MyHD encoder.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I guess I'll get to that later, but right now I'm having issues with the MyHD, in Sage, showing as not functioning. Not exactly sure how to troubleshoot, but I'm working with another forum member to try to get past this point.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Thanks. I guess I'll get to that later, but right now I'm having issues with the MyHD, in Sage, showing as not functioning. Not exactly sure how to troubleshoot, but I'm working with another forum member to try to get past this point.
If you post your encoder config file and its log file I'll take a look.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If you post your encoder config file and its log file I'll take a look.

Still not functioning. I'm at a complete loss. Here's my files.

Last edited by Ron; 03-19-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Still not functioning. I'm at a complete loss. Here's my files.
Woops. Here's the config file.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you are not runing the MyHD IRC thing.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Woops. Here's the config file.
Let me try again.

Last edited by Ron; 03-19-2013 at 05:31 AM.