SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-16-2003, 06:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Re: Sleep mode awake

Quote:
Originally posted by IKK
By the way sorry for the new post. The sleep mode wakeup was not added to the new build. I tried the options in the post that was put up yearlier this week but I still cant use my Haugpauge remote 250 to wake my system up.

The reason this is important to me is I want a fully remote system with no keyboard. I would just put sage on menu but sage records everything on the channel it was left on and when it changes channels to record a program it stays on that channel and records everything after the recored program.

Thanks for the great job.

Thats still their just changed slightly due to keymapping changes. It took me a little bit of time messing around with mine to get it back up and working again but i finally got it to work.

Open the irremote.ini file and goto the default section where you made the change to the GRNPOWER= before to include the path to sagetv and change that line to.
GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~1\FreyTe~1\SageTV\SageTV.exe -awake)}{mode(SageTV)}

Then scroll down to youre Sagerecorder or sagetv commands and change the GRNPOWER=z to.
GRNPOWER={ctrl}z{mode(default)}

Save the changes and restart the remote app and it should be working again.

Optionally you can just download my irremote.ini (Had to change the .ini to .txt as the valid file extensions don't include .ini) and copy that to you're windows directory to replace the old irremote.ini. Make sure you back up the old one first just in case.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:29 PM
Sage User

Hi all,

Well, after the Sage.dll download provided by Narflex, things seemed to be fine for a while. But now I've run into a few more issues. I'd appreciate any help or thoughts on this. It's a pretty long tale, but hopefully all the info needed is here.

------ I've edited this since the original post because I found out some new information. I believe I've identified a bug in the software. Originally, I thought I was having jerky video and close to 100% CPU time due to the hardware decoding not working on the Hauppauge. Since then, I've determined it was something else. A lot of stuff deleted because its no longer applicable. After writing a whole slew about the hardware decoding (now deleted), I was searching for a file to attach to help you guys figure out what has happening, and that's where the text below picks up.

----Original Post ----

UPDATE: I was just looking at the sage directory to see if there were any files to attach. I found that SageTV_0.txt is over 15mb! Looking toward the end of it, its clear that its waking up too soon and too often for some reason. Here's an excerpt:

--------------------------

Sat 8/16 14:22:55.702 Dont Know Conflict Processing currShow=Show[Title=Osama bin Laden: In the Name of Allah, Desc=Saudi terrorist Osama bin Laden calls on Muslims to kill Americans everywhere in the world., Cat=Special, SubCat=Documentary, id=119850, extID=SH5244840000]
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.702 Dont Know Conflict Processing currShow=Show[Title=King of the Hill, Episode=The Witches of East Arlen, Desc=Bobby gets a set of tarot cards and befriends youngsters who practice black magic., Cat=Sitcom, SubCat=Animated, People=[Mike Judge, Kathy Najimy, Pamela S. Adlon, Johnny Hardwick, Stephen Root, David Cross, Jonathan Joss, Dennis Burkley, David Herman, Ashley Gardner, Ernie Grunwald, John Ritter, Breckin Meyer, Mike Judge, Greg Daniels, Michael Rotenberg, Howard Klein, John Altschuler, Dave Krinsky, ], id=77141, extID=EP2070020150]
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.702 Dont Know Conflict Processing currShow=Show[Title=Being There, Desc=The president (Jack Warden) and a power broker heed the utterings of a simple gardener (Peter Sellers) who likes to watch TV., Cat=Movie, SubCat=Comedy, People=[Peter Sellers, Shirley MacLaine, Jack Warden, Melvyn Douglas, Richard Dysart, Richard Basehart, James Noble, David Clennon, Hal Ashby, ], Rated=PG, ERs=[Adult Situations, Language, ], Year=1979, Bonus=[3430, ], id=77893, extID=MV0144350000]
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.702 Dont Know Conflict Processing currAirs=[A[78607,77893,"Being There",10751@0817.19:00,150], A[111371,77893,"Being There",17098@0819.16:30,150]] srcAgent=null
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.722 Seeker awoken
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.722 MARK 1 currRecord=A[117197,116543,"Real TV",19002@0816.14:00,30] enc=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture clients=[SAGETV PROCESS VF]
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.722 Seeker in AUTOMATIC mode nextRecord=A[126829,126576,"South Park",31555@0816.18:00,60] nextTTA=13024278
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.722 FORCE WATCH abandoned because it's currently being recorded clients=[SAGETV PROCESS VF]
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.722 newRecord=A[117197,116543,"Real TV",19002@0816.14:00,30]
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.722 Keeping record just the way it is.
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.722 RootFile=F:\ fstype=NTFS fileLength=589883328
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.722 VF processing job null nPlayin=true
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.722 VF thread is now waiting for 0:07:07.431
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.943 needFreeSize = 0.4995 GB currFreeSize=140.744183808 GB
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.943 Seeker waiting for 7 mins.
Sat 8/16 14:22:55.973 Scheduler awoken
Sat 8/16 14:22:56.003 Scheduler.updateSchedule() called time=Sat 8/16 14:22:55.973 manual=[ManualRecord[A[82051,81564,"King of the . . . . . . .

Notice how is says its going to wait for 7 minutes, and then 30 milliseconds later its back to doing something again? What's up with that? This whole sequence seems to repeat every 1-2 seconds, adding several thousand bytes to the log file. Perhaps the hardware decoder is actually working fine, but the seeker/scheduler has run amok.

Any help would be appreciated!

---End of original post -----------------

Since that time, I closed SageTV, restarted it, and made sure I resolved all of the programming conflicts rather than saying "I Don't Know" to the conflict question. Things returned to normal. Video was clear, CPU usage was in the 30-50% range, and the Sage*.txt file didn't grow at incredible rates. It appears that unresolved conflicts has something to do the Scheduler getting restarted too often, resulting in runaway CPU time and poor performance. I'd consider that a bug worth fixing.

Last edited by brookb; 08-16-2003 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Sage User

More 1.4.8 problems

Well, after I fixed my last problem by eliminating the unresolved conflicts, things seemed to be working well for a few hours. But just now, I was watching a recorded movie while a different program was being recorded on another channel. the first 20 minutes or so went fine. I put the movie on pause for a few minutes. When I came back and took it off of hold, everything seemed fine at first, but then a commercial came on. I pressed the fast forward button, and things went south. Black bars showed up where the button bars are supposed to be. The video continued to play, but control of SageTV became unresponsive. I could not use the remote or the keyboard to control anything. I checked Windows Explorer, and it appeared that the other show was still recording as well. The Sage*.txt file didn't show anything weird that I could recognize, and it wasn't growing by leaps and bounds like it did with my last problem.

Anyway, attached are the tail end of my Sage*.txt file as well as my Sage.properties file if that helps anyone figure out what's happening.

Thanks in advance for your help. 3 days left on the preview. Sure hope it doesn't run out before I get a stable version of Sage working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv030816.zip (12.2 KB, 186 views)
Old 08-17-2003, 01:18 PM
Sage

justme,
Actually, -startup is still there, it just works correctly now. You were relying on a bug in its usage before.

edmc, can you please send me the logs from when you have the problem playing back a DVD with Sage using the Cyberlink filters?

brookb, thanks for catching that first one. It was related to having a bunch of "I don't know" conflict states, its fixed for RC2.

Your second one is most likely your screen saver or power management settings. Check to make sure they're disabled. The log file showed no problem with Sage internally. You can also setup Sage to disable them when you're watching video, it can be done by setting the property:
ui/disable_screen_saver_and_pm=true
in the Sage.properties file, that should resolve it. Let me know.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Narflex> edmc, can you please send me the logs from when you have the
Narflex> problem playing back a DVD with Sage using the Cyberlink filters?

I had attempted to do this back in Post #40 of this thread:

http://www.freytechnologies.com/foru...=8871#post8871

I'll do it again and post the results after my current recordings finish.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

As promised, here is the attached sagetv_0.txt

Can't see anything usefull in the log, unfortunately. The following two lines surround the error I get:

Sun 8/17 14:37:04.213 New DVD Drive MediaFile[FA[BAD AIRING] host=Samsung D:\video_ts, Seg0[Tue 4/1 13:36:55.000-Tue 4/1 13:36:55.001]]
Sun 8/17 14:37:12.335 UIManager.gotoSleep(true) isTaskbar=false

Between them is apparently where I get the error dialog box.
I promptly Slept, then Exited SageTV to limit the size of the log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (97.7 KB, 201 views)
Old 08-17-2003, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Actually, -startup is still there, it just works correctly now. You were relying on a bug in its usage before.
Oh. Thanx for the heads up. Well at least when your bugs can be used as features, unlike M$'s features.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Sage

edmc,

Did you try selecting a different audio decoder for DVD (or just selecting Default)? The error message indicates there's a problem with the MPEG Audio Decoder.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Jeff, the new sage file you posted seems to have solved the problem I was having. Thanks
Old 08-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

> Did you try selecting a different audio decoder for DVD (or just selecting Default)?

I get different results with the Intervideo filters, but then those are NonCSS so are not of as much use :-)

I did not select Default for either recently. I'll try all the permutations again.

I am referring you to the Cyberlink filters as those are known-good as they are what I have ZoomPlayer using.

One issue which might affect things is ZP has special settings to enable 5.1 via SPDIF/Toslink. I see no way to select that thru SageTV. As I only have a C-Media 8738-based sound card (actually, it's on the motherboard), I needed the PowerDVD SP version which supports 5.1 even though it is my receiver which is doing the AC3 decoding. On the low-end WinDVD that came with my DVD drive, for instance, only 2ch was supported and my sound card was unable to pass AC3/5.1 to the receiver. With PowerDVD SP, I also was unable to pass AC3/5.1 until I enabled 5.1 in ZoomPlayer.

Anything else I can try for you? Any additional debugging aids you might want to install on my HTPC to get to the bottom of this?

I should think my config is very similar to many ZP users out there. PowerDVD filters were only $15 and produce outstanding pictures (compared to earlier/more expensive filters many have tried). And the C-Media 8738 based sound cards are extremely popular as they, also, run about $15 (for a generic) if they are not already included on the motherboard (as many Dragon and other mb's do).
Old 08-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Sage

Any information you've seen anywhere on details relating to enabling the 5.1 passthrough?
Old 08-21-2003, 12:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok - after updating to 1.4.9BRC2, I finally got a chance to try out all the permutations of DVD A/V filters I have on my system:

Video Filters:
=========

Cyberlink VideoSP Decoder
----------------------------------
- Video plays!
- Unfortunately, it plays too fast...
- Indeed, the speed changes every second or so

InterVideo Video Decoder
--------------------------------
- Hangs as it is painting the Root Menu

InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge
---------------------------------------------------------------

Audio Filters:
=========

MPEG Audio Decoder
- "There was an error with the MPEG-2 audio setup."
- "Unable to connect the demultiplexor to the MPEG2 audio decoder filter"
- "ErrCode=0x80040207

Cyberlink Audio Decoder
-------------------------------
- "Default rendering of output pin on selected MPEG2 audio decoder filter failed"
- "ErrCode=0x80040200

InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder for Hauppauge
- No Audio is output

InterVideo Audio Decoder
- No Audio is output

It turns out that the results of varying the Audio Decoder are irrespective of which Video Decoder is selected. The same cannot quite be said for the other way around entirely as only the Cyberlink Video Decoder makes it thru the Root Menu. I can say that there should have been audio content by then, however.

As for any specific details on enabling 5.1 passthrough - that's a mystery to me. As I said, it's a specific option in one of (the many) ZoomPlayer configuration tabs.

So, I must say that 1.4.9BRC2 is definately an improvement over 1.4.8BRC1 which couldn't even accomplish the above (playing too fast and with no sound that is). Getting closer...
Old 08-21-2003, 12:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

DVD Playback woes...

Ok - after updating to 1.4.9BRC2, I finally got a chance to try out all the permutations of DVD A/V filters I have on my system:

Video Filters:
=========

Cyberlink VideoSP Decoder
----------------------------------
- Video plays!
- Unfortunately, it plays too fast...
- Indeed, the speed changes every second or so

InterVideo Video Decoder

InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge

Audio Filters:
=========

MPEG Audio Decoder
- "Unable to connect the demultiplexor to the MPEG2 audio decoder filter"
- "ErrCode=0x80040207

Cyberlink Audio Decoder
-------------------------------
- "Default rendering of output pin on selected MPEG2 audio decoder filter failed"
- "ErrCode=0x80040200

InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder for Hauppauge
- No Audio is output

InterVideo Audio Decoder
- No Audio is output

It turns out that the results of varying the Audio Decoder are irrespective of which Video Decoder is selected. The same cannot quite be said for the other way around entirely as only the Cyberlink Video Decoder makes it thru the Root Menu. I can say that there should have been audio content by then, however.

As for any specific details on enabling 5.1 passthrough - that's a mystery to me. As I said, it's a specific option in one of (the many) ZoomPlayer configuration tabs.

So, I must say that 1.4.9BRC2 is definately an improvement over 1.4.8BRC1 which couldn't even accomplish the above (playing too fast and with no sound that is). Getting closer...
Old 08-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Smile DVD Playback woes... - SUCCESS !!!

Ahhh - I was just taking the "Default" DVD Audio Renderer and that seems to have not been selecting my sole audio device...

When DVD Audio Renderer is set specifically to "C-Media Wave Device", I can now get sound and the video plays at the correct/stable speed!

Now, to get that 5.1 to work...

I noticed that the info display claimed to be playing "English AC3 5.1", but no DD light on my receiver ... I next cycled thru the various audio tracks (Spanish, French, Commentary, then back to English AC3 5.1) and voila! DD lights up and I get beautiful 5.1 audio being passed thru the SP/DIF on my C-Media sound card.

My wife will now be very happy - only one app for both PVR and DVD !!!

For those having trouble getting 5.1 passthru to work, make sure the Audio Filter you are using supports it. The filters that come with the lowend versions of WinDVD et. al. generally don't. Happily, there are very cheap ($15) and high quality filters available which do (e.g. the Cyberlink filter pack I use).

Hope this helps...
Old 08-21-2003, 09:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Jeff, I was playing with 1.4.9rc2 which seems to be a big improvement over previous versions. I was using the custom UI settings and have managed to make the ugliest UI imaginable. Is there an easy way (ie to edit the pref file) to undo this?

Also, it seems that once you set a picture to be the backround, there is no option to return to a solid color backround, short of making a solid color .jpg file.

TIA
Old 08-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Sage

edmc,

Woo-hoo! Glad to hear its all working fine now.

Sailn,
Just delete all of the ui/colors and ui/background_image lines from the properties file, they'll return to their defaults next time you start SageTV.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Salin, you can get rid of a custom background by deleting/editing the "ui/background_image=" line in the
Sage.properties file.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

cool
Old 08-22-2003, 09:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Jeff, I was just looking thru the sage prop info you have posted on the developers page. I see that there is a setting videoframe/additional_video_filters
is this where I would be able to use multiple dscaler plugins at the same time?

If so, can you give me an example so that I get the syntax correct?

TIA
Old 08-22-2003, 11:43 AM
Sage

Sailn, there's no way in Sage to use multiple DScaler plugins concurrently...unless they make a multi-dscaler plugin that handles it inside the plugin itself...then it might work.