SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
Works perfectly now. Just to make sure I uninstalled 1.5 so that I only had 1.4 Java installed. Then I reinstalled 1.5 and proved for myself that it works there as well. Now you can move on to more important things.

Edit: Forgot to mention I also deleted the copies of the DLL's in the Windows\System32 directory and the NativeLibPath registry setting before I did this test

BobP.
Excellent news. Thanks for all of your hard work on this Bob. I very much appreciate it, and hopefully now that I can focus on the plugins themselves we'll see some positive benefits come from all of this.

Thanks to Nielm, ToxMox, and salbst as well. Knowing that we have a solution finally is certainly a weight off my shoulders.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst
What a nasty way JRE has of telling you that you have a version mismatch! Just report that methods aren't found. Yikes.
For sure! Doesn't exactly make me feel confident, to say the least, but at least we're past it now and its possible to move on to making actual plugins.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm also going to have to figure out how to use that Dynamic Menus plugin. That seems alot easier than making people go into Studio.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
I'm also going to have to figure out how to use that Dynamic Menus plugin. That seems alot easier than making people go into Studio.
the instructions for my Rss News Reader (which is one of my simpler plugins) are:
  • Unpack
  • Restart (so that Sage finds the new .jar files)
  • Import.
  • Using the Dynamic Menu Add a new internal screen named "Rss News Feeds -- nielm"
Of course this requires that the users have to use the dynamic menus, but thats why I wrote that plugin!

Other tips... I use Java packages (namespaces) so that I don't have to worry about class name clashes... In 2.[01] this also meant the classes were out of the way in subdirectories, making it easier for people to uninstall. In 3.0+ I use .jar files so that the Java classes are all in one nicely named package.

Last edited by nielm; 11-20-2005 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Nielm,

I did some more work tonight to clean things up. I didn't do the namespaces or the jar files yet, but I likely will. I did add instructions for how to do the installation using the dynamic menu. The two modules that are more or less ready are the system monitor and the weather module.

My next step is figuring out how to import the menus into SageMC (the STV that I actually use, lol). One thing at a time though.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

The beta release of this module is now available. It is posted in the SageTV downloads area at:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=39

This release has updated installation instructions, improved documentation, a sensible directory structure in the archive, and... has no version mismatch issues related to Java 1.4.x and Java 1.5.x!
Old 03-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
The beta release of this module is now available.
Deria, Did you add back in the CPU utilization? Its not in the screen shots on the downloads area.

You also made a comment about the usefullness of having cpu utilization in sage. I see your point that it would be of limited usefullness a lot of the time, and especially if it was limited to its own seperate menu page. Would there be a way that we could see a mini cpu bar graph as part of the OSD when playing a video? Or on the main menu next to the disk space utilization?

I think others are curious like me, about CPU utilization when sage is doing something, like playing back a video, or playing back and recording at the same time, or cpu usage with different renderer settings, while commercial detecting etc. I am having an issue with CPU time while decoding HDTV files that I want to monitor, but I can't do it so easily when sage is in FSE. I pretty much have to exit sage to get back to the Task Manager to look at CPU history.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Sage User

no graph

I added the menu item, but when I open it there is no graph. Just the configure and close buttons on the top left. I have dual processors and a USB2 Hard drive for SageTV recordings, would that be a problem?

SageMC16x9 (latest release)
SageMC addon 6.4
Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 06-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprophet36
I added the menu item, but when I open it there is no graph. Just the configure and close buttons on the top left. I have dual processors and a USB2 Hard drive for SageTV recordings, would that be a problem?

SageMC16x9 (latest release)
SageMC addon 6.4
Windows XP Pro SP2
That shouldn't matter.

It sounds like you may have copied the files to the wrong directory. Double-check the installation instructions to make sure you've copied things to the right place.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Sage User

BasicSystemMonitor.dll SystemMonitorJNI.dll and SystemMonitorPlugin.class are all in my SageTV folder. Besides, isn't this plugin built into SageMC169? All I did was activate the menu item for System Monitor in the dynamic menu setup. It comes up, but no graph.