SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

I recently installed the latest SageMC (6.3.4a) - and then went to install this wonderful STVi. After the install, the GUI immediately was corrupted, and subsequently after killing the process the GUI won't load at all.

So I recovered the system with out too much pain, but I am hesitant to go through that again. Any idea what might be happening here?

btl.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I recently installed the latest SageMC (6.3.4a) - and then went to install this wonderful STVi. After the install, the GUI immediately was corrupted, and subsequently after killing the process the GUI won't load at all.

So I recovered the system with out too much pain, but I am hesitant to go through that again. Any idea what might be happening here?

btl.
I beleive the stvi will need to be updated to be compatible with the newest version of SageMC.

Nielm: Can you confirm if this is a possibility?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
I beleive the stvi will need to be updated to be compatible with the newest version of SageMC.

Nielm: Can you confirm if this is a possibility?
AFAIK Niel doesn't use SageMC, so I think it's up to SageMC plugin devs to tackle this...

Dirk
Old 10-04-2007, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Who are these SageMC plugin devs, and how can I get in touch with them?

I need my auto aspect switching!

btl.

ps - being a software engineer myself, I'd be more than happy to make changes. But I don't even know where to start.......
Old 10-08-2007, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Anyone? It is such a bummer that I can't use this plugin with SageMC now......
Old 10-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, and I was just about to run the upgrade(s). I consider this plug in to be critical to WAF. Has anyone else seen this problem?

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 10-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

I just tried the plugin in SageMC6.3.4a. It imported in fine without crashing the UI. It does work for me in auto-switching existing ratio rules. However, when I bring up the options during playback, the aspect ratio button doesn't have any of the plugin options. I can't access the rules to add a rule or make changes to exisitng rules.

But, for now, it works good enough. I just won't be able to make any alterations to the switching rules.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Does it show up in the Detailed Setup menu? That's the other place you can set up rules.....

btl.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

Nope, doesn't show up in Detailed Setup. And there isn't even an Internal Screen 'Auto Aspect Settings by Nielm' so I could add it to my main menu.

edit: It won't show up in the Detailed Setup that SageMC sends you to. However, if you actually load SageTV3.xml and import the plugin there, you will be able to access it in detailed setup if you really needed to.

Last edited by ke6guj; 10-09-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's something I quickly put together for SageMC. No further support from my side, but it's something others can pick up from if there are any issues.

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip autoaspect_ratio_sagemc.zip (199.4 KB, 529 views)
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Very Nice! Thanks for doing this.

Moving forward, are we going to have two seperate versions of this plugin? Or is it conceivable that the changes made here could be merged into the original?

btl.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

thanks Dirk.

As long as its configurable, which it its, prettyness can be addded later.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Here's something I quickly put together for SageMC. No further support from my side, but it's something others can pick up from if there are any issues.

Dirk
This plugin doesn't seem to be working for me with SageMC 6.3.6. Has anyone else been able to get it working??
Old 12-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
This plugin doesn't seem to be working for me with SageMC 6.3.6. Has anyone else been able to get it working??
Where is this plugin normally configured in SageMC? I imported it, but don't see any settings for it.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using SageMC 6.3.5 and the plugin is configured in Setup>SageMC>Extras>Auto Aspect Ratio Options.

It is also available via the OSD Options pop-up. It will add an options box, "Auto Aspect Ratio"

Old 12-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I'm using SageMC 6.3.5 and the plugin is configured in Setup>SageMC>Extras>Auto Aspect Ratio Options.

It is also available via the OSD Options pop-up. It will add an options box, "Auto Aspect Ratio"
Ke6guj, thank you for the reply. I managed to get it to work by first importing the stvi into the servers STV and loading that STV to the HD Extender.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Would there be interest in 'on-the-fly' aspect ratio switching? I am looking into the possibility of gettig aspect ratio information for show segments from ShowAnalyzer, and using that as a source for aspect switching.

TBH though, I've never done any sort of plugin development, and would probably end up 'borrowing' greatly from some existing plugins (mainly, CS and AutoAspect)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Would there be interest in 'on-the-fly' aspect ratio switching? I am looking into the possibility of gettig aspect ratio information for show segments from ShowAnalyzer, and using that as a source for aspect switching.

TBH though, I've never done any sort of plugin development, and would probably end up 'borrowing' greatly from some existing plugins (mainly, CS and AutoAspect)
I saw your post over on the dragon global forum and thought it would be great. This implementation of the auto aspect ratio switching does not seem to work very well for my configuration with 16:9 screen with a blend of 16:9 native, 16:9 in 4:3 and 4:3 files that are all MPG... so they all get treated the same.

I like your idea, but I don't think you really need "on the fly" switching. If you are skipping commercials, it is not really important if they are letter box, pillar box or both. I think you could just set the AR based on the "show" segments from the show analyzer analysis.

EDIT... looks like I have not fully realized the potential of this plugin and need to do more research.

Last edited by briands; 01-08-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
I saw your post over on the dragon global forum and thought it would be great. This implementation of the auto aspect ratio switching does not seem to work very well for my configuration with 16:9 screen with a blend of 16:9 native, 16:9 in 4:3 and 4:3 files that are all MPG... so they all get treated the same.

I like your idea, but I don't think you really need "on the fly" switching. If you are skipping commercials, it is not really important if they are letter box, pillar box or both. I think you could just set the AR based on the "show" segments from the show analyzer analysis.

EDIT... looks like I have not fully realized the potential of this plugin and need to do more research.
True, however, I do not ALWAYS skip commercials... the wife's gota have something to watch during the super bowl. Hell, commercials are where I run into the strangest mix of aspects. For some reason it really bugs me when seeing a commercial, that was produced in HD, so it's 16:9, but aired in SD on an HD station, so it is 16:9 letterboxxed on 4:3. Especially since I have a couple sources that are HD boxes, into SD capture cards, so this then again gets shrunk down and letterboxed in my 4:3 capture...

Sure, It's an extreme, but it it wouldn't be much harder to do it this way, then why not? Aspect ratio switching is pretty unnoticable in sage, and the switches would be done during breaks for the most part.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Sage User

Does this STVI work with the MVP client??