SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-31-2006, 08:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve52
I have Users Guide 4.0-A. The word "ZOOM" does not appear on page 167.

As I said while playing a recording that was broadcast in 4:3 mode I have tried clicking on each of the Aspect Ratio settings described on page 167, but nothing happens.

I am not sure how sage is supposed to work, but when using my STB and a show is broadcast in 4:3 I have a button on my remote which will stretch the video to fill the screen. I actually have several options for how to fill the screen. More options from a digital channel than an SD channel, but several either way.

What I am asking is how do I do this with sage?
What is your source video feed? Is it HD from a OTA tuner or is it SD from cable, etc. What tuner card are you using?

B
Old 01-31-2006, 08:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
What is your source video feed? Is it HD from a OTA tuner or is it SD from cable, etc. What tuner card are you using?

B
Both actually:

SD PVR-150 via s-video from a Directv STB

HD VBOX DTA-150 OTA

Need it to adjust AR when playing DVD's also. DVD's played over a home network from another computer. No DVD player in the HTPC at his time.

Last edited by Steve52; 01-31-2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve52
Both actually:

SD PVR-150 via s-video from a Directv STB

HD VBOX DTA-150 OTA

Need it to adjust AR when playing DVD's also. DVD's played over a home network from another computer. No DVD player in the HTPC at his time.
I am not familiar with the DirecTV setup as I am only using analog cable and an OTA HD tuner. But, the OTA HD tuner is receiving 16:9 even though the show comes in 4:3.

I am not sure why a 4:3 source from the DirecTV would not be able to be stretched.

HIH

B
Old 01-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
But, the OTA HD tuner is receiving 16:9 even though the show comes in 4:3.

IB
It may be receiving 16:9 but it displays on the tv as 4:3 with bars, and you can't leave it that way or it will damage your set after a while.

I don't understand this? This should be a problem for everyone if the SageTv fill screen option is not working. How do you fill the screen when watching SD TV material or DVD's?

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. My Tv is a widescreen HDTV 16:9. I need to fill the 16:9 screen area when viewing 4:3 content. Like I said on my Directv STB I just pust a button and the picture stretchs to fill the whole 16:9 area, with several options as to ways to do it.

Last edited by Steve52; 01-31-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

It all works fine for me. I assume the UI fills the screen. Doublecheck your decoder settings, and in the nVidia decoder settings make sure aspect ratio is set to "Content Default".
Old 01-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
It all works fine for me. I assume the UI fills the screen. Doublecheck your decoder settings, and in the nVidia decoder settings make sure aspect ratio is set to "Content Default".
Yes. User Interface (SageTV) filles the screen. HD looks great seems to be just the right size for my TV after adjusting with SageTV adjustments. Its just the SD that has the normal bars on each side because it is 4:3 on a 16:9 screen.

in the nVidia decoder settings make sure aspect ratio is set to "Content Default"

This is the Nvidia PureVideo decorder right, and you mean to play an MPEG program or a DVD with WMP10, then click on the Nvidia PureVideo icon in the system tray, and then click on the Video tab to set the aspect ratio to "Content Default". Is this corrrect?
Old 01-31-2006, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

That should work.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

I checked PureVideo and it is set to "Content Default".
Old 01-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

I set my decoder to "Anamorphic" for my 37" Sceptre LCD. My Sage AR settings work for everything...don't know what the problem is. Is there an AR setting for your TV's input that may be throwing a wrench into it? How about scaling options in your video drivers? (Monitor, Display Adapter, Centered, Fixed Aspect)?

P

Last edited by Polypro; 01-31-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
I set my decoder to "Anamorphic" for my 37" Sceptre LCD. My Sage AR settings work for everything...don't know what the problem is. Is there an AR setting for your TV's input that may be throwing a wrench into it? How about scaling options in your video drivers? (Monitor, Display Adapter, Centered, Fixed Aspect)?

P
I doubt it is the TV settings, I didn't have to do anything to the TV when I setup my STB, and it's AR adjustments work fine. The scaling options you list do they apply to Nvidia Drivers and Nvidia Pure Video.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am using a component connection to the TV not DVI. Could that be causing any of my problem with AR adjustment thru SageTV?