SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

FCL in SageMC 6.11a?

Hi Bob,

I have just switched over to SageMC recently. I was attempting to import your plugin and configure and the screens don't seem to render appropriately. I was attempting to do the configuration via MVP or PlaceShifter if that matters. Any idea?

B
Old 09-14-2006, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Hi Bob,

I have just switched over to SageMC recently. I was attempting to import your plugin and configure and the screens don't seem to render appropriately. I was attempting to do the configuration via MVP or PlaceShifter if that matters. Any idea?

B
Are you using FCLforSageMCv1.1.69b.xml? You might try that version with 6.11a. It was created for versions of SageMC > 6.9b. FCLforSageMCv1.1.0.xml is for versions 6.7-6.8. If you are already using this version then I will install 6.11a tonight and see what is up.

BobP.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
Are you using FCLforSageMCv1.1.69b.xml? You might try that version with 6.11a. It was created for versions of SageMC > 6.9b. FCLforSageMCv1.1.0.xml is for versions 6.7-6.8. If you are already using this version then I will install 6.11a tonight and see what is up.

BobP.
I imported it into 6.11a, and it seems to work fine (a few "widget not found's in the log, but this might be intentional). The only thing I noticed is that the SageMC Guide-toggle function does not work any more after the import, but it could already have been like this in earlier versions, don't know that.

Bob, you just might consider to include the latest version of df_sageutils.jar in the download, so that nobody accidently overwrites the newer version (if present) when reinstalling your plugin.

Dirk
Old 09-14-2006, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

BobP.
Hi Bob,

using the 6.9b version. I am using a renamed SageMC169.xml file. This one is called AdultMVP.xml. I will be using it to limit MVP/PS users from viewing HD channels so they don't kill my server. I will be doing another called KidsMVP.xml which will replace my existing STV for the MVPs my boys use. I like the SageMC interface more than the default and am hoping this works out.

BTW - I have Parental Controls enabled which is the screen I can't seem to get past.

Please let me know if there is an issue with how I am trying to set these up.

B
Old 09-14-2006, 01:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Bob,

using the 6.9b version. I am using a renamed SageMC169.xml file. This one is called AdultMVP.xml. I will be using it to limit MVP/PS users from viewing HD channels so they don't kill my server. I will be doing another called KidsMVP.xml which will replace my existing STV for the MVPs my boys use. I like the SageMC interface more than the default and am hoping this works out.

BTW - I have Parental Controls enabled which is the screen I can't seem to get past.

B
OK I will look at this and the "Widget's not found's" that Dirk found just to make sure they are expected - tonight. Hopefully a fix will be easy and I can get it out quickly - otherwise it will be Saturday or Sunday. Do have a question however when you say "...can't seem to get past." what do you mean? You can't exit the screen because it doesn't render the buttons correctly? Or is it something else?

BobP.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Bob,

B
Looks like I'm going to need a little more info on this as I have been unable to reproduce a problem in the Parental Controls screen. It does however have a problem in the ConfirmChannelEntry code in the MC MediaPlayer OSD menu that I will fix. That is what is causing the errors that Dirk saw. Also code in the Guide Listener in the program guide will need to be fixed.

I would try with a clean install of SageMC 6.11a and clean out all the properties that start "RDP/favorite_channel..." in the properties file of the SageTV client you are installing this on. See if that works. I will see if I can fix the errors I did find tonight but no promises.

BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 09-14-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looks like I'm going to need a little more info on this as I have been unable to reproduce a problem in the Parental Controls screen. It does however have a problem in the ConfirmChannelEntry code in the MC MediaPlayer OSD menu that I will fix. That is what is causing the errors that Dirk saw.

I would try with a clean install of SageMC 6.11a and clean out all the properties that start "RDP/favorite_channel..." in the properties file of the SageTV client you are installing this on. See if that works. I will see if I can fix the errors I did find tonight but no promises.

BobP.
It is the screen where you put in your parental control code to unlock the FCL. Screen shot attached.

Thanks Bob

B
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (121.6 KB, 405 views)
Old 09-14-2006, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It is the screen where you put in your parental control code to unlock the FCL. Screen shot attached.

Thanks Bob

B
Actually if you highlight the Setup button it does advance to the Favorite Channel Lists menu for me. But I do see the same problem on the detailed setup menu that you do and I will fix that. I wonder if you might have something else that isn't linking that is causing your display because when I look again I see parts of the Favorite Channel Lists menu in the upper left corner of your graphic. I can't reproduce that but I'll see what I can do to find something that is causing that as well.

BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 09-14-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thanks Bob

B
Partial solution. Download the included JAR file and put it in the SageTV\JARs directory in place of the one from the FCL plugin. This will allow more of the links to work and will restore much more of the functionality. I still have a linking problem to fix but this might get it useable for you until I can fix it. Also I renamed this to .zip so just change the extension. This is flachbar's newest import utility library and this one doesn't stop linking when a link point is not found like the one I included in the FCL download zip file. I will be including this one when I upload the final fixed version for 6.11a.

BobP.

Edit: having trouble uploading the fix to the regular download section so am uploading a fix for SageMC 6.11a version of this plugin only in this post.

Edit: forgot that the download section requires IE not Firefox to upload correctly. Post was removed once I switched to IE and got the correct file uploaded. The files that use to be included in this post are now included in the regular download forum area listed in the first post.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 09-15-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Partial solution. Download the included JAR file and put it in the SageTV\JARs directory in place of the one from the FCL plugin. This will allow more of the links to work and will restore much more of the functionality. I still have a linking problem to fix but this might get it useable for you until I can fix it. Also I renamed this to .zip so just change the extension. This is flachbar's newest import utility library and this one doesn't stop linking when a link point is not found like the one I included in the FCL download zip file. I will be including this one when I upload the final fixed version for 6.11a.

BobP.

Edit: having trouble uploading the fix to the regular download section so am uploading a fix for SageMC 6.11a version of this plugin only in this post.
Hi Bob,

The attached fixed my issue of being able to get into the config screen. Everything is showing up now. Thanks you

I do have a question on usage though. Where do I set the default list to be used, and how do I ensure that it is locked down?

Thanks again

B
Old 09-15-2006, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I do have a question on usage though. Where do I set the default list to be used, and how do I ensure that it is locked down?
In the Favorite Channel List setup menu select one of your lists in the middle and then select the "Restrict Channels" menu item. A confirmation dialog will popup giving you the chance to cancel. Once selected the channels are restricted on the whole network if you have your lists on your SERVER and this plugin on all clients. If you have your lists stored locally on each client then the Restriction will only be to this particular client. There are also functions to copy the lists from the Server to the Client and the Client to the Server if you need to.

That tell you what you need to know?

BobP.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the replies. I don't think I framed my question appropriately. It seems to me that SageMC and FCL settings are stored in macaddress.properties under the client directory for MVP and Place Shifting clients. I am looking for a way to ensure the default stv for any PS or MVP client is a locked down one. This includes clients which have not connected yet. I know I can specify which stv for a PS user, but it won't keep all the config settings.

TIA

B
Old 09-17-2006, 09:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the replies. I don't think I framed my question appropriately. It seems to me that SageMC and FCL settings are stored in macaddress.properties under the client directory for MVP and Place Shifting clients.
The properties for this plugin default to SERVER mode when installed on a clean client. This means that if parental controls are enabled and you have restricted channels then when the plugin is installed it will be limited to those channels by default. Unless you change it to Local the only properties that are stored in the client properties are ones that are local to that client. Like current favorite channel list - which will get reset to the restricted list when restrictions are turned on. Also stored locally is the button used to cycle through the lists and the timeout on the Guide button when it is used to cycle through the lists. Everything else is stored on the SERVER when in SERVER mode. Also the switch value for SERVER/Local is always stored on the SERVER.
Quote:
I am looking for a way to ensure the default stv for any PS or MVP client is a locked down one. This includes clients which have not connected yet. I know I can specify which stv for a PS user, but it won't keep all the config settings.

TIA

B
You could install the plugin into the default STV and then rename it from SageTV3-1.xml to SageTV3.xml. Then anytime you install an MVP or Placeshifter client it will use the default that you setup with this plugin.

Does that answer your questions?

BobP.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Bob,

I think you answered most questions. I have one server. I would like to have multiple clients (MVP and PS users) with different restricted channel lists.

2 MVPs are in boys' rooms. I want to limit to kids friendly channels.
1 MVP (guest room) and PS users limited to not be able to get HD channels.

As it stands right now, I can limit to one channel set for all, but not set up the way I would like. Any thoughts?

TIA

B
Old 09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Bob,

I think you answered most questions. I have one server. I would like to have multiple clients (MVP and PS users) with different restricted channel lists.

2 MVPs are in boys' rooms. I want to limit to kids friendly channels.
1 MVP (guest room) and PS users limited to not be able to get HD channels.

As it stands right now, I can limit to one channel set for all, but not set up the way I would like. Any thoughts?

TIA

B
Switch to Local mode then and set up the channel lists on each client. It writes to the client properties files in local mode but since the parental lock is on the server you still get the same unlock code on each client but you would be able to have separate lists on each client and locked to a specific list local to that client. You can use the copy options in the FCL options menu to copy the lists from the server for each client but you will have to do this on each client since the property that controls where the lists are stored is always on the server.

Any more questions?

BobP.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Just uploaded a compatibilty update for this plugin that allows it to work with SageTV V6. In the process of updating for V6 I found another bug and fixed it that prevented new FCL's from showing up until the SageTV GUI is rebooted.

BobP.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Cool feature of the Dynamic menus allows direct access to a favorite channel list

NIELM just PM'd me a cool feature of his new Dynamic menus that you can use with my Favorite Channel Lists plugin. You can create a link to a specific Favorite Channel Lists on the main menu - or any sub menu for that matter by just pasting in a MenuItemLet.

Here are the instructions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Hi Bob,

Just thought you might like to publish the following:

With the current version of my dynamic menu, you can create direct links to specific fave channel lists in the main menu...

The following pasteable menu items create direct links to the All channels Guide, and custom fave channel lists named 'Kids', 'News', 'Movies'

People can add their own just by changing the value in the <evalExpression> block and then pasting it into my dyanmic menus...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
    <internalScreenMenuItem title="Full Program Guide" icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_epg.png" screen="LiveTVGuide w/ Optional Preview">
        <evalExpression>SetProperty("RDP/favorite_channel_lists_current", "")</evalExpression>
    </internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>
Code:
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
    <internalScreenMenuItem title="Kids Program Guide" icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_epg.png" screen="LiveTVGuide w/ Optional Preview">
        <evalExpression>SetProperty("RDP/favorite_channel_lists_current", "Kids")</evalExpression>
</sageMenu>
Code:
<sageMenu version="1.3">
    <internalScreenMenuItem title="News Channels Program Guide" icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_epg.png" screen="LiveTVGuide w/ Optional Preview">
        <evalExpression>SetProperty("RDP/favorite_channel_lists_current", "News")</evalExpression>
</sageMenu>
Code:
<sageMenu version="1.3">
    <internalScreenMenuItem title="Movie Channels Program Guide" icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_epg.png" screen="LiveTVGuide w/ Optional Preview">
        <evalExpression>SetProperty("RDP/favorite_channel_lists_current", "Movies")</evalExpression>
</sageMenu>
Thanks NIELM great feature that I hadn't thought about.

BobP.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Just uploaded a new version for SageMC 6.2.0 ONLY. There was no change for the default STV so I didn't change the version # of the file. This includes the following SageMC versions in addition to the default STV version:
'FCLforSageMCv1.1.0.xml' for SageMC versions prior to 6.11a
'FCLforSageMCv1.1.611a.xml' for SageMC version from 6.11a to 6.13a
'FCLforSageMCv1.1.620.xml' for SageMC version 6.2.0+

Note the version for SageMC 6.2 will not install on top of older version but since earlier versions will not install properly on SageMC 6.2.0 I didn't think that would be a problem. The reason for this was because I removed all the old import code that wasn't needed any longer. Also this is a compatiblity update only no new features were added.

I would like to thank flachbar for most of the changes as he was testing this plugin for compatibility with his new version of SageMC. I was able to use almost all of the additions unchanged. About all I did was change the version # on the configuration screen and remove the old import code.

BobP.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage User

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for this great add-on! I've been wanting this exact functionality for a long time, & I just now found this. Damn... I could've been using this for awhile.

It's perfect for filtering the guide to all my OTA HDTV channels, and I setup another for all my sports channels.

BTW... I'm using this w/ the latest build of Sage 6 & SageMC 169 build 6.3
Old 11-25-2006, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaters

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for this great add-on! I've been wanting this exact functionality for a long time, & I just now found this. Damn... I could've been using this for awhile.

It's perfect for filtering the guide to all my OTA HDTV channels, and I setup another for all my sports channels.

BTW... I'm using this w/ the latest build of Sage 6 & SageMC 169 build 6.3
Thank you. I'm glad you like it. If you have any problems or suggestions let me know.

BobP.