SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Sage Expert

This is what I've been looking for. Does the current plugin work on Sage 5 or is Sage 6 required?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

I could be mistaken, but I don't think Bob broke it for 5 if/when he made changes to work with 6.

B
Old 02-28-2007, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

As far as I know it still works for V5 but I have no way to test that anymore since I am all 6.0.19 and 6.1.3 now.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Well I've found an incompatibility with this plugin and SageTV 6.1.3 that I will be addressing as soon as I can - hopefully this weekend. Specifically (for me anyway) I cannot get the User Selection to work on the channel number sequence. Everything else appears to work fine so other than that I believe it is fine but I will check it out more completely after my Server rebuild this weekend.

BobP.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Sage Icon

Bob,

Gonna try this out finally...is the current version fixed (as above), or do you still need to tweak it?

P
Old 03-11-2007, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Was hoping to look at it today so NO I haven't fixed it yet - sorry.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Well it must have just been me. A fresh install and it is working fine. So don't know why the "UserSelection" wasn't working for me before. I do see that I need to update the Options menu in the Guide to not be a mix of old format and new format for the menu items that are not highlighted - will do that and upload today I hope.

BobP.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

New version for the Default STV has been uploaded to make the look of the options menu in the Guide menu look like the 6.1.4 default for all of the buttons. In other words it will not be a mix of 6.1.3 and pre 6.1.3 button design for the non-highlighted buttons in the options menu of the Guide menu. That was the only change to this plugin. If you experience any problems let me know and I'll see if I can fix them.

BobP.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the plugin Bob. It seems to work fine in Sage 5.04 . So far so good. Very useful plugin indeed I might add.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Fixed a bug when using Parental restrictions on the channels where it wouldn't allow changing the channel in the media player. Both the SageMC version and the Default STV version have been updated to fix this problem. If you do not use Parental Restrictions to limit tunable channels then you do not need to update as this was all that was changed for this release.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Sage Expert

Posted this in the MC thread as well, but I believe SageMC 6.3.3 breaks the Favorite Channel Lists import, or at least causes problems when trying to set it up for the first time. I tried to upgrade to 6.3.3 at the same time as a general "downgrade" to Sage 6.0.19 because of stability issues with 6.1. All of the problems go away if I go with 6.3.2c instead of 6.3.3...

Anyway, when I setup FCL, I got a few problems:
1) the "Options" popup menu in FCL has some sort of "overlay" issues where it's hard to read
2) The guide button doesn't cycle to the FCL anymore. Instead, if you're looking at the guide and press guide, it jumps back to the main menu
3) There's no "Current FCL" option in the "Guide Display Options" either.

So there's basically no way to actually cycle to a channel list.

Don't know if people already with FCL installed are able to still use it with SageMC 6.3.3 without a problem or not, I just noticed because I was trying a fresh install of FCL on top of 6.3.3...
Old 05-28-2007, 09:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Posted this in the MC thread as well, but I believe SageMC 6.3.3 breaks the Favorite Channel Lists import, or at least causes problems when trying to set it up for the first time. I tried to upgrade to 6.3.3 at the same time as a general "downgrade" to Sage 6.0.19 because of stability issues with 6.1. All of the problems go away if I go with 6.3.2c instead of 6.3.3...

1) the "Options" popup menu in FCL has some sort of "overlay" issues where it's hard to read
2) The guide button doesn't cycle to the FCL anymore. Instead, if you're looking at the guide and press guide, it jumps back to the main menu

Don't know if people already with FCL installed are able to still use it with SageMC 6.3.3 without a problem or not, I just noticed because I was trying a fresh install of FCL on top of 6.3.3...
I will see if I can reproduce these problems and fix it but it will likely be next weekend - sorry.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post

Just uploaded a fix for the SageMC version of this plugin to work with 6.3.3. Just import the FCLforSageMCv1.1.633.xml file and let me know if it works correctly for you.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Hi,

I'm using your excellent plugin with dynamic menus as descibed here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...9&postcount=77, but since upgrading to SageTV 6.1.9, SageMC 6.3.3 and FCL 1.1.633 I am having a small but annoying problem. When I select an FCL directly from a dynamic menu it appears to select it ok, but doesn't refresh the guide with the appropriate channels. If I do the same from the Guide Display Options, it works fine.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrox View Post
Hi,

I'm using your excellent plugin with dynamic menus as descibed here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...9&postcount=77, but since upgrading to SageTV 6.1.9, SageMC 6.3.3 and FCL 1.1.633 I am having a small but annoying problem. When I select an FCL directly from a dynamic menu it appears to select it ok, but doesn't refresh the guide with the appropriate channels. If I do the same from the Guide Display Options, it works fine.
I'll see if I can reproduce the problem and get a fix out. It may be the weekend before I can get it done however.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Sage User

No pressure, but I was just wondering if you ever got a chance to look at this problem and if so, whether you were able to recreate it. If you were not able to, I need to start looking elsewhere for a solution.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No pressure, but I was just wondering if you ever got a chance to look at this problem and if so, whether you were able to recreate it. If you were not able to, I need to start looking elsewhere for a solution.
Sorry just haven't had the oportunity to look at this yet. Will get to it ASAP when I can - sorry.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK I had a chance to look at this and I think I am able to reproduce what you describe. In the guide I select my Science lineup then exit to the menu where the menu choice for Movies is that I added. Select that menu item and the guide comes up but is still displaying the Science guide. If this isn't your problem let me know but I'll see what I can do to get this to work. Am trying the default STV version now to see if it has the same problem.

Edit: well the default STV doesn't have this problem so will see what I may be doing different in SageMC to fix this.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 07-01-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old 07-01-2007, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Try using this modified MenuItemLet for SageMC. It appears to work for me.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
    <internalScreenMenuItem title="Movie Channels Program Guide" icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_epg.png" screen="Guide">
        <evalExpression>SetProperty("RDP/favorite_channel_lists_current", "Movies")</evalExpression>
        <evalExpression>ExecuteWidgetChain(GetElement(FilterByMethod(GetAllWidgets(),"GetWidgetName","\"REM Get channels in CurFavChanName\"",true),0))</evalExpression>
    </internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>
The code in RED above is the addition and it must come after the "SetProperty" evalExpression line.

BobP.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Bob,

The FCL for the default STV does not display the highlight bar in the setup menu for the left panel. The middle and right panels displays appropriately. This is on the latest beta, 6.2.4.

It is not a big deal for me, but I thought I would pass along.

TIA

B