SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9cqs View Post
Phoenix Bob,
Greetings.
I really like your favorite channel list add-on. I have been using it for a while, but when I upgraded to the most recent version of Sage, the favorite Channel Lists quit working. All files are still there. Any ideas?
Jeff
Version 1.1.4 is not completely compatible with the latest release yet. You can try the version above (1.1.5) it appears to work for me with 6.2. It will be the release version unless I need to change something for the restricted time changes that bcjenkins is testing.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Version 1.1.4 is not completely compatible with the latest release yet. You can try the version above (1.1.5) it appears to work for me with 6.2. It will be the release version unless I need to change something for the restricted time changes that bcjenkins is testing.
FYI, v1.1.4 works just fine for me, but v1.1.5 doesn't. I use SageTV v5, not v6, with the default STV, and figured you should know in case you are trying to maintain backwards compatibility.

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal View Post
FYI, v1.1.4 works just fine for me, but v1.1.5 doesn't. I use SageTV v5, not v6, with the default STV, and figured you should know in case you are trying to maintain backwards compatibility.

Thanks!
I'll keep 1.1.4 in the archive for earlier versions then - Thanks!
Old 12-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Updated SageMC version to be compatible with SageMC 6.3.4 the Default STV version has NOT changed.
  • Moved the Detailed Setup menu configuration option to the SageMC Options Extras menu
  • Old version of FCLforSageMC have been put into an archive in the STV\SageTV3 directory
  • Updated code to work with changes needed for SageMC 6.3.4 - this will NOT import into prior versions check the archive for older versions
  • new version name is FCLforSageMCv1.1.634.xml

I tried not to break anything but if you find something that works without this plugin installed and doesn't after it is installed in SageMC let me know and I will see what I can do to fix it.

BobP.
This worked flawlessly in SageMC 6.3.4 and 6.3.5 but it seems broken 6.3.6b...

Anyone else notice this?
Old 12-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Update:
It works, but it's a tough slog through the settings page (copy to/from server page). This page is just jumbled text.

Let me know if anyone has the same experience...
Old 12-25-2007, 08:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrdude View Post
This worked flawlessly in SageMC 6.3.4 and 6.3.5 but it seems broken 6.3.6b...

Anyone else notice this?
Quote:
Update:
It works, but it's a tough slog through the settings page (copy to/from server page). This page is just jumbled text.

Let me know if anyone has the same experience...
I'll look at this next week (technically might be 2007/12/31+) and see if I can reproduce it in the new version. I haven't installed 6.3.6b yet.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Absolutely no pressure at all....
but any idea when this might be looked at?

thanks a million, it is a really decent import
Old 01-19-2008, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Absolutely no pressure at all....
but any idea when this might be looked at?

thanks a million, it is a really decent import
Sorry been busy but I'll take a look tomorrow since I'm taking a break from my other development efforts for a few days.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

OK here is a SageMC 6.3.6b compatible version. It will not import on top of itself so start with a version of SageMC before this or any old versions have been imported. If you have problems let me know. Otherwise I will add this to the download section when I update the Default STV version.

BobP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FCL for SageMC 6.3.6b.zip (20.7 KB, 304 views)
Old 01-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Sage Icon

I've never used this before, but I'm trying it now and I'm not sure if the problem I have is new or by design. When I pull up the guide and try to toggle which guide to use, it works OK until the last guide is reached and then it won't go back to the beginning.

Also is there a simple way to change which guide to use when Restricted guide is turned on. I want to use this to fix Parental Controls so that they are based on channels not content and for my wife to use it, it needs to be simple to turn on the restricted list.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I've never used this before, but I'm trying it now and I'm not sure if the problem I have is new or by design. When I pull up the guide and try to toggle which guide to use, it works OK until the last guide is reached and then it won't go back to the beginning.
Which version are you using the one for the Default STV or the SageMC version? But NO that is not by design. You should be able to swap between any custom guides and the regular guide in sequence. Once I find out which version I'll see if I can reproduce it and fix it.

Quote:
Also is there a simple way to change which guide to use when Restricted guide is turned on. I want to use this to fix Parental Controls so that they are based on channels not content and for my wife to use it, it needs to be simple to turn on the restricted list.
If you have the guide restricted it will ask for the parental code before it switches to a new Guide listing. Once you have correctly entered the pin you can just continue to press the guide button and other custom guides will be selected. Once you leave the screen (SageTV Guide menu) you will have to enter the pin again. I suppose I could add the option to turn it on and off from the guide menu instead of just from the setup menu but I thought people just left it on and entered the pin when they wanted a different custom guide than it is restricted too.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using the new SageMC one. When I have Restricted Guide on, it won't respond to the Guide button to change at all. The last one in the list has no channels in it (I want to block all channels from the kids, could that be the problem?

I added one channel to the Kids list and now it works. BTW, after changing the guide and giving it the parental code what does it take to get it locked again?

Last edited by toricred; 01-20-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: More Information
Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm using the new SageMC one. When I have Restricted Guide on, it won't respond to the Guide button to change at all. The last one in the list has no channels in it (I want to block all channels from the kids, could that be the problem?
That explains it never thought anybody would want a blank list! I'll see if I can allow it but I suspect that it won't be possible.

Quote:
I added one channel to the Kids list and now it works. BTW, after changing the guide and giving it the parental code what does it take to get it locked again?
If you exit the guide screen you should be prompted for the pin again the next time you enter the guide.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

Don't worry about the blank list. I added one music channel I don't mind the kids with and it works fine now. I guess I never really understood how this could be used for Parental Controls, but it does exactly what I needed. Thanks for your great import.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks a million BobPhoenix. I am off to install it now

2 quick questions, when i have three different lineups (say A, B, C),

when I cycle through, I get: A, B, C, Guide (all the channels lumped together).

Is it possible for to have an option that allows me to skip over Guide so I get A,B,C only....

Second question, it seems to be limited to 4 lineups (is that possible?)

Thanks,

CJ
Old 01-21-2008, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks a million BobPhoenix. I am off to install it now

2 quick questions, when i have three different lineups (say A, B, C),

when I cycle through, I get: A, B, C, Guide (all the channels lumped together).

Is it possible for to have an option that allows me to skip over Guide so I get A,B,C only....
No. I don't have that as an option. But I could add it with a future upgrade. Didn't want to have people asking me where their channels went but I could make that an option that isn't on by default.

Quote:
Second question, it seems to be limited to 4 lineups (is that possible?)
I have about twelve different lineups myself so no 4 is not a limit there should be NO limit. I'll start out with none tonight and see if I can create more than 4.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:46 AM
SageTVaholic

OK I have updated FCL for SageMC to be compatible with SageMC version 6.3.7. If you have problems let me know if you have problems. This version does not have any new options it is just compatible with SageMC 6.3.7.

Also I was able to create more than 4 FCL's so if there was a problem with the previous release it may be fixed now.

Oh one last thing I forgot to zip this with the correct directory structure so extract it to the same directory as the other STVi's (xml extension) that you have the release version. Sorry about that.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 01-27-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: removed the archive because a new version was uploaded in later post
Old 01-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

One bug (at least for my purposes) my son found. If he tries to access a recording that he would not be allowed to see without the code, just presses OK at the code and the bad code screen, then tries to "Resume" the recording no code is required on resuming.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
One bug (at least for my purposes) my son found. If he tries to access a recording that he would not be allowed to see without the code, just presses OK at the code and the bad code screen, then tries to "Resume" the recording no code is required on resuming.
I'll see if I can do anything about it. But I really wish the parental controls built into Sage would take care of this function since that function of my plugin is more of a hack then anything else.

Never mind that rant was easier than I thought it was going to be try this:
Works with SageMC 6.3.7 not sure about earlier releases. This also has the correct directory structure. I will be deleting the archive in the prior post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FCL for SageMC 6.3.7.zip (138.8 KB, 276 views)

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 01-27-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

I fully understand your rant. I'd rather use parental controls as parental controls and use your import as it was designed, but until they have multi-user ability your import is far better than the controls with the core.

Thanks for looking at this.