SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry, there's something funky with the download, it doesn't want to take my updated file (acts like it takes it, but then it's the same old one).

Try the attached one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IVL0.5.0.zip (27.4 KB, 231 views)
Old 02-15-2006, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I got the download link updated finally. Some quirk about updating the file and text at the same time
Old 03-03-2006, 04:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Alrighty all, got a question for ya.

I've been thinking about how to clean up the display, namely to separate the Movies from the misc imports. There's not a simple way to do that. There is however, a very simple way to segregate DVDs from non-DVDs.

So the question is:
Would having DVDs separated from non-DVDs (ISO's are non-DVDs) be useful, or does it need to be movies (ie vids with metadata) from non-movies?
Old 03-04-2006, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Anybody using this?

I just found/fixed a couple major bugs I'm surpised nobody noticed. Before when you selected a file it would Watch() it, but not take you to the OSD (ie it wouldn't actually "play" it). And right didn't take you anywhere.

Well, those are fixed now.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Anybody using this?

I just found/fixed a couple major bugs I'm surpised nobody noticed. Before when you selected a file it would Watch() it, but not take you to the OSD (ie it wouldn't actually "play" it). And right didn't take you anywhere.

I noticed it but I was screwing around with it in Studio at the time and I thought I hosed something and didn't really do any further testing. I will try the import again when I install 4.1.9 tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't really know why I thought I could get away without relinking in the STVImported hook
Old 03-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Sage User

This has been a long time coming.

Glad to see someone's taken on the job of re-working the video library!

Couple of things I've noticed with the latest here; is that 1) when I select "Watch Now" from the library, the show comes up, in audio only, and the menu does not go away.

and 2) You give a setting for storing the location of the collection.xml file
" mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=W\:\\collection.xml" - where is this setting? I've not been able to locate it.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow
Glad to see someone's taken on the job of re-working the video library!

Couple of things I've noticed with the latest here; is that 1) when I select "Watch Now" from the library, the show comes up, in audio only, and the menu does not go away.
0.5.3 should have fixed it. If you'd already imported it, you might want to try importing it into a clean V3 STV.

Quote:
and 2) You give a setting for storing the location of the collection.xml file
" mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=W\:\\collection.xml" - where is this setting? I've not been able to locate it.
That's in the properties file.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Sage User

Hrm. The only reference to that file that I can find in any 'property' file, is in the .xml file that was created when I selected the new .stvi file (in my case, "WorkingSageTV3.xml"

It exists as:
<Action Name="CollectionLocation = GetProperty(&quot;mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml&quot;, java_lang_System_getProperty(&quot;user.dir&quot + &quot;\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\SageMCE\\collection.xml&quot">

This doesn't look much like your instructions, so I figured you must have been referring to something else.

However, this looks like it might be a semi-colon delimited list of locations, so I can just replace ";\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\SageMCE\\collection.xml" above with the physical location on my system? for example, to: "c:\\collection.xml"
Old 03-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Sage User

nah, that does not seem to work.

I keep getting "Collection XML not found."

Oh, one other thing - the only way to get to the menu to import data seems to be via the escape key. kinda unwieldy for those of us who keep the keyboard tucked away behind the entertainment center.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:36 PM
SageTVaholic

It should go in your sage.properties or sageclient.properties file.

As for the 'Esc' key, it's mapped to option which is ususally mapped to a button on the remote.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Sage User

not having any luck.

With the collections.xml file in my c:\ root folder, and this setting in my sageclient.properties file "mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\collection.xml" i still get the "Collection XML not found" messages.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

You have the collection.xml on the same machine you're running Sage (the one you're trying to import from be it client or server). You do have the filename right too? (You say file "collections.xml" but show collection.xml for the property).
Old 03-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Sage User

Quote:
You have the collection.xml on the same machine you're running Sage (the one you're trying to import from be it client or server). You do have the filename right too? (You say file "collections.xml" but show collection.xml for the property).
Yes, it's on the same machine, and yeah - I noticed that typo - it's just a typo.

I eventually installed Meekel(sp?)'s stv, and imported it through his gui. That seems to have worked, for some shows. That's pretty strange in itself. The DVD Profiler information shows for about 30% of my recordings, though the dvd covert art never displays.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
not having any luck.

With the collections.xml file in my c:\ root folder, and this setting in my sageclient.properties file "mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\collection.xml" i still get the "Collection XML not found" messages.
It just occured to me... You need DVDPro2Sage in your SageTV folder for it to work, I don't currently include that with the STVi.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/downloa...?do=file&id=46
Old 03-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

My STV doesn't automatically copy the cover art (yet). As for some titles working and some not. You have to make sure the spelling is EXACTLY the same as in DVD Profiler, otherwise it won't connect the info.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
My STV doesn't automatically copy the cover art (yet). As for some titles working and some not. You have to make sure the spelling is EXACTLY the same as in DVD Profiler, otherwise it won't connect the info.
Yeah - and the filenames for very few movies match the title. Anything with a space in it for example, and it wont match. Maybe 20 of my 200 movies match.

It sure seems to me that some method to link a filename to a dvdprofiler record is needed.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Anybody using this?

A couple of minor issues;

1. When using dvdprofiler information, all movies (that have dvd profiler info) seem to show up in the base import library folder, instead of in the folder that the movie file actually resides in. This interferes with categorizing movies by folder.

2. When you stop a show while playing, and go back, you end up in the default import library. This somehow breaks you out of your stv.

3. There are various position issues with the two-pane display. Some folders are not aligned with others. Also - when selecting a sub-folder, the stv displays the sub-folder at the top of the list of files. This is fine, good even, but it also includes the sub-folder in each file in the list, which generally tends to cut off the actual filename. It would be better to remove the folder information from the list of files. Example;

csi/season-1/s1e06 - whatever_title.divx

would be listed in the left hand side list as just

s1e06 - whatever_title.divx

--
Tooslow
Old 03-27-2006, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah - and the filenames for very few movies match the title. Anything with a space in it for example, and it wont match. Maybe 20 of my 200 movies match.
Spaces don't matter, they work fine, as for other special characters, those illegal for filenames, the logic strips those from the DVD Profiler name before attempting to match them.

Anything that matches this regex is stripped:
"[^a-zA-Z0-9$()#_'`~@{}%! &-]"

Quote:
1. When using dvdprofiler information, all movies (that have dvd profiler info) seem to show up in the base import library folder, instead of in the folder that the movie file actually resides in. This interferes with categorizing movies by folder.
That's a side effect of importing. When Sage imports a file, it retains the path as part of the "Title" the default and other STVs then parse the path in the Title to group it in folders. I don't plan to change the importing, but I might look into other ways of of figuring out the filesystem sorting.

Quote:
2. When you stop a show while playing, and go back, you end up in the default import library. This somehow breaks you out of your stv.
Probably missed something, I never use "Stop".

Quote:
3. There are various position issues with the two-pane display. Some folders are not aligned with others. Also - when selecting a sub-folder, the stv displays the sub-folder at the top of the list of files. This is fine, good even, but it also includes the sub-folder in each file in the list, which generally tends to cut off the actual filename. It would be better to remove the folder information from the list of files. Example;
Yeah, I'm not entirely happy with how that's working. I'm not quite sure how I want to deal with it though.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

OK-I set this up the other night. So far the work you have done is real nice. Couple of comments/thoughts.

1.DVDPro2Sage. I also used SageMC so it's too bad there isn't a standard class that everyone used. The one you are using is different than the one in SageMC and thus the import results were different. SO for now I just rename one or the other if I change STVs.
2. DVD covers. Currently your import does NOT copy the DVD covers into the folder and rename it. Painful. SageMC does do this so I wonder how hard it would be for yours to work that way too.
3.While testing I would stop the DVD and indeed it ends up going back to the default Sage library. Be nice if this was fixed.
4. At the import screen I can scroll thru the list of DVDs. When I stopped on one of them and hit "enter" it disappeared from the list. What does this do? What does this screen do other than this is where you perform the import?

I'm not using subfolders. Just one level of folders for the DVD rips. Good job over all. As I use this more I may have more thoughts and comments.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.