SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-15-2006, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky

Flawless.
I wouldn't go that far

Quote:
Nice job.
Thanks.

Quote:
You might want to get rid of the 0.5.3.stvi in the root of your zip though.
You might want to get rid of the 0.5.3.stvi in the root of your folder It's not in the zip file.

Quote:
It works great for me. Now I'll actually wait until the next version release and incorporate IVL into my Circle theme.
That could be a while, I've got most of the little stuff tackled, and now it's the big stuff that's left. Some of which is probably an almost total rewrite. I'm really kind of stuck at the moment, there's a lot of stuff I want to fix, and really I'd like to do a whole STV from the ground up, but I just don't have the aestetic vision to do that, and that's a huge part of building an STV, getting it to work isn't too hard, but figuring out what it should look like/work like is a bit tougher.

Anyway, I'll put down some of my wants (not necessarilly limited to IVL) so they're down someplace if nothing else:
  • Non-square pixel support - My projector is 1.78:1 (720p) but firing through an anamorphic lens so the screen is actually 2.35:1. This results in everything being stretched, text is not bad, but the pictures are kind of annoying.
  • Separate "Movies" from "Videos", seems like the best way is to separate stuff with metadata from stuff without.
  • Full search/filter support like DVD Profiler. If you've played with it you know you can click an actor in a movie and it will give you a list of movies that Actor was in. I want that, but I think that will require some Java work since SageTV doesn't have an elegant way to associate actors with their characters.
  • Recently Imported list - I think this is doable
  • Recently Viewed list - This will be tricky
  • Remember position
  • I'd still like to figure out how to do my two dimentional "map" browsing.
  • Clean up the OSD
  • Automatic AR setting based on DVD Profiler AR
  • Clean up the whole UI (see below)
There's more probably, but that's what's on the top of my head.

Gerry, if you want to work on the aestetics of it now, let me know, we can probably figure something out

If anyone else has ideas, post 'em, if I like them and they're possible/easy I may add them.

If anyone wants to take a crack at anything, go ahead, maybe we can work something out.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
You might want to get rid of the 0.5.3.stvi in the root of your folder It's not in the zip file.

AAAHHHH! You're right-it overwrote an existing folder and that was in it-Sorry. See-the "Flawless" was well deserved.

Quote:
Anyway, I'll put down some of my wants (not necessarilly limited to IVL) so they're down someplace if nothing else:
  • Non-square pixel support - My projector is 1.78:1 (720p) but firing through an anamorphic lens so the screen is actually 2.35:1. This results in everything being stretched, text is not bad, but the pictures are kind of annoying.
  • Separate "Movies" from "Videos", seems like the best way is to separate stuff with metadata from stuff without.
  • Full search/filter support like DVD Profiler. If you've played with it you know you can click an actor in a movie and it will give you a list of movies that Actor was in. I want that, but I think that will require some Java work since SageTV doesn't have an elegant way to associate actors with their characters.
  • Recently Imported list - I think this is doable
  • Recently Viewed list - This will be tricky
  • Remember position
  • I'd still like to figure out how to do my two dimentional "map" browsing.
  • Clean up the OSD
  • Automatic AR setting based on DVD Profiler AR
  • Clean up the whole UI (see below)
There's more probably, but that's what's on the top of my head.

Gerry, if you want to work on the aestetics of it now, let me know, we can probably figure something out
It would be my pleasure to work on it now with you. A java programmer I'm not but I'm getting the hang of Studio and I can wield a mean Photoshop brush. Let me know what the next steps may be.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, lets try this, what do you want fixed first?

In a nutshell though, I want to do this:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...04-part-3.html

Though not necessarilly make it look like that, I think it could look better.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, lets try this, what do you want fixed first?

In a nutshell though, I want to do this:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...04-part-3.html

Though not necessarilly make it look like that, I think it could look better.
Hmmmm....what do I want fixed? Maybe a better way to answer that is take a look at this:
My Movies 2
I think there are some good ideas here on how to handle series, box sets, multiple disc titles, a "Personal favories" for your rips, and it always had good cast support. I think some of this may not be too hard to work in.

Kaleidescape-I followed them from their inception. Some of that will take some high-end programming/filtering what-not to accomplish. But you're right-I think we can make it look better.

Gerry

DOH! You could fix it so when you stop a movie it doesn't end up in the original video library.
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 04-15-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

ive got a couple questions

say i have a movie called... Thelma & Louise, or Lilo & Stich, or Starskey & Hutch, etc.. movies with an ampersand in them.

right now i have my filestystem setup with a root dir called "movies", under that i have each movie in its own directory, with anything pertaining to that movie in its titles directory.

for instance i have "big fish" it's stored like x:\movies\big fish\big fish.mpg

if i have trailers (which i do for a lot of movies) they would be stored also, x:\movies\big fish\big fish-trlr.wmv

the thing is, if a movie has an ampersand (&) in it, then it seems to be treated differently then other movies with special characters such as a colon (:). the movie Armitage III: Poly-Matrix is displayed fine in IVL if i put it in a directory called "armitage iii poly-matrix". however, the movie Starskey & Hutch isnt displayed similarly if i put it in a directory called "starsky hutch" or "starskey and hutch" or any combination i could think of.

instead of showing the movie title on the button in the left hand pane, it shows "directory/filename". in this case the button actually shows "starskey and hutch/starskey hutch". while this isnt critical, its not keeping in the same style as the rest of my movies and to actually get to the movie details such as plot, actors, run time, etc.. i have to drill down one more level to view that information.

so, first question.. how should i store movies that happen to have ampersands in the file names? is there some trick to it i havent discovered or is it just a limitation in the stvi at this time?

now for my second question, some of my movies also have multiple files. prime example one of my movies is broken down into chapters, each chapter is a seperate file.

x:\movies\the animatrix\01-final flight of the osiris.avi
x:\movies\the animatrix\02-the second renaissance part i.avi
x:\movies\the animatrix\03-the second renaissance part ii.avi
... all the way to 10 chapters.

is there anyway to get IVL to display all these files as 'one whole movie' rather than 10 seperate buttons on the left hand pane formated as "directory/filename" (similar to above). a lot of my movies are also split into 2 parts, in which i also run into this problem. i'd prefer to have the movie itself displayed on the left hand pane, when i press the right arrow, it goes into that 'directory' and then displays to me the files.

is that possible or is that something that IVL cant do currently?

thanks for reading and thanks for trying to clean up sages current video library
Old 05-12-2006, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8shun
ive got a couple questions

say i have a movie called... Thelma & Louise, or Lilo & Stich, or Starskey & Hutch, etc.. movies with an ampersand in them.

right now i have my filestystem setup with a root dir called "movies", under that i have each movie in its own directory, with anything pertaining to that movie in its titles directory.

for instance i have "big fish" it's stored like x:\movies\big fish\big fish.mpg

if i have trailers (which i do for a lot of movies) they would be stored also, x:\movies\big fish\big fish-trlr.wmv

the thing is, if a movie has an ampersand (&) in it, then it seems to be treated differently then other movies with special characters such as a colon (. the movie Armitage III: Poly-Matrix is displayed fine in IVL if i put it in a directory called "armitage iii poly-matrix". however, the movie Starskey & Hutch isnt displayed similarly if i put it in a directory called "starsky hutch" or "starskey and hutch" or any combination i could think of.
That's because an "&" is a legal filesystem character. I attempted to only remap illegal characters. Ones you can use (need to use if present) are:

a-zA-Z0-9$()#_'`~@{}%! &-

Quote:
instead of showing the movie title on the button in the left hand pane, it shows "directory/filename". in this case the button actually shows "starskey and hutch/starskey hutch". while this isnt critical, its not keeping in the same style as the rest of my movies and to actually get to the movie details such as plot, actors, run time, etc.. i have to drill down one more level to view that information.
Probably because it didn't import/couldn't match the name in DVD Profiler (because you're missing the &), so you're just getting the raw title Sage uses (which includes the full path up to the root import dir).

Quote:
so, first question.. how should i store movies that happen to have ampersands in the file names? is there some trick to it i havent discovered or is it just a limitation in the stvi at this time?
Just leave the & in there, if it's in the list above, you should be able to use it (I tried to find a list of legal characters).

Quote:
now for my second question, some of my movies also have multiple files. prime example one of my movies is broken down into chapters, each chapter is a seperate file.

x:\movies\the animatrix\01-final flight of the osiris.avi
x:\movies\the animatrix\02-the second renaissance part i.avi
x:\movies\the animatrix\03-the second renaissance part ii.avi
... all the way to 10 chapters.

is there anyway to get IVL to display all these files as 'one whole movie' rather than 10 seperate buttons on the left hand pane formated as "directory/filename" (similar to above). a lot of my movies are also split into 2 parts, in which i also run into this problem. i'd prefer to have the movie itself displayed on the left hand pane, when i press the right arrow, it goes into that 'directory' and then displays to me the files.
That would be tricky, now The Animatrix is really a horrible example because it's really 7? separate episodes.

Quote:
is that possible or is that something that IVL cant do currently?
Definitely not in there now, it should be possible (to a degree, except for special cases like "The Animatrix" which falls more into the show/box set thing), though honestly it's probably not at the top of the priority list.

Quote:
thanks for reading and thanks for trying to clean up sages current video library
Thanks, I'm in the middle of not doing anything on it , but I'm not completely happy with where it is right now and I think some somewhat big changes are needed to get it where I want it. That plus, I'm not sure exactly where I want it, so that doesn't help....
Old 05-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

oh wow, & is a legal character in filenames.. for some reason i was thinking it wasnt. well thats taken care of.

as for the multi-part movies i have, the only way i can really think of 'fooling' sage into thinking that the all the parts are 1 single movie is to use a playlist, ive edited my properties file to scan for m3u then tried playing the m3u through sage, however it didnt seem to like that. i tried m3u first because its a really simple format that i knew of. i'll try some other formats later but i have a feeling its not going to work.

in anycase thanks for your help. back to work on this thing to see if i can figure out something that will work.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Sage User

so is this not compatible with sagetv 2.2.8? i can't get it to work. it doesn't show up in the dynamic menu.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

I think I posted it somewhere, but I haven't done anything special to make it work, or not work in 2.2.8. It might it might not.

How's that for an answer

Seriously though, I'd guess the problem is with the dynamic menu, I don't really know how that works so it's hard to say. However the way the import works, it replaces (actually re-links) the video library to IVL, so "theoretically" by navigating to the "normal" video library, you should end up in IVL.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think SageTV 2.2.8 will import an XML version STVi file. Now the question is was this developed with 4.1.3 Sage version or higher? If so then the STVi is an XML version and wouldn't be supported by SageTV 2.2.8. Assuming of course that my first assumption is correct anyway.

BobP.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Ah, good point, it's definitely an XML. So I guess, no, it won't work in 2.2.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I posted a new verion in the downloads section. Includes image copying with the new java_io_File_canRead instead of IsFilePath. That plus added a setup screen that allows enabling/disabling image copying and browsing for the XML file. Should make setup a bit easier now.

Oh, and I've actually included DVDPro2Sage in the latest version so you just need to extract the zip to the SageTV directory
I've got everything installed for your plugin. If I go to your view, and bring up the video display options, I select "Import Metadata", I select the setup and specify the DVD Profiler XML Path, but what's supposed to happen?

Under external DB, I get collection XML n..., is there something I'm supposed to fire off? Roles has (Ljava.lang.String...)
Old 06-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jominor
I've got everything installed for your plugin. If I go to your view, and bring up the video display options, I select "Import Metadata", I select the setup and specify the DVD Profiler XML Path, but what's supposed to happen?

Under external DB, I get collection XML n..., is there something I'm supposed to fire off? Roles has (Ljava.lang.String...)
Nevermind. For some reason, the import command wasn't displaying until I bounced the client.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

What about . ? I am having trouble with Titles that have this in the name, i.e.

from the collection.xml:
<Title>Monsters, Inc.</Title>

My folder name is "Monsters, Inc" yet they dont match up
Old 05-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had to go through my collection.xml and manually remove all the .'s from titles so that things matched up .. annoying since every time i export i have to do it agian, can you add . to the exclude list on matching ?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

The other option is to rename your movies on the hard drive. '.' is a legal filesystem character (even for folders), that's why it's not stripped.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

It is NOT however legal for the last character in a folder

i.e.

S.W.A.T.

or

48 HRS.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Interesting, Windows doesn't complain, it just drops it. I think I can tweak the regex to fix that.

-edit

Try this, just replace these in you SageTV\DVDPro2Sage directory. Make sure to restart Sage (whichever instance you're using).
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVDPro2Sage.zip (16.0 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by stanger89; 05-27-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Sage User

All my images are thumbnails. How do I get it to use the Hi-Res Images.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Afternoon,
Quick questions.......

1) This import has been around a while.... is it still working ok with 6.3?

2) Can this import use the metadata contained in the sage video property files created using data from the imdb?

3) Is it possible to use the view created by this plug-in in selected folders only? For example it would be perfect for my video library's "Films" folder, but maybe not my video library's "TV Series" folder.

Many thanks,
Mat.