SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Sage User

I downloaded the plugin from Jeff's post and tested it. It does indeed do what we were looking for. Nice work AndyS!!

I'll redo some of the dct.exe stuff to try and take advantage of this new plugin and see what happens.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can I suggest you create a MultiDCT.exe (or something similar) so that we don't get confused between the single-channel and multi-channel versions.

Andy.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can't get it to work

I'm using 2.0.15. I setup the source (S-Video from a PVR-250) and defined it as a cable box in SageTV. I selected EXEMultiTunerPlugIn from the list of boxes. It pulled the guide data correctly and I'm seeing the channels allocated to the DCT2000 being pulled from the DCT2000 so playback is fine. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the channel-change.

I removed my second tuner card from Sage to reduce complexity.

I put DCT.EXE in C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV
I put EXEMultiTunerPlugin.DLL in C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\Common

I created a key "EXEMultiTunerPlugin" under Software\Frey Technologies\Common

I added a string "command" to the EXEMultiTunerPlugin key

I added a value "DCT.EXE %CHANNEL% %DEVICE% > ANDY1.TXT" to the command string

I am able to manually run DCT.EXE and change channels successfully.

When I use SageTV to change channels:
The file ANDY1.TXT does not get created.
The channel does not change.

Any ideas anyone?

Andy.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Never mind - I recreated the source in SageTV and it's working now.

Andy.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Sage User

Here's a newer dct.exe file that works with the EXEMultiTunerPlugin.DLL. I modified the instructions in the readme.txt file to include instructions for using Multiple Tuners. I tried to explain everything, but if there are questions please make a post. The dct.exe file should still continue to work with a single tuner also. (it's still working for me )

There's no error checking on this. It assumes you are calling it using "dct.exe channel device". Device is optional and it will use the default device if none is specified.

I have the source for the EXEMultiTunerPlugin.DLL file now, thanks to Jeff. The plan is to make a DLL file that can be called from Sage without requiring a call to an external EXE. But that's going to require some development time, so this is more of a stop-gap measure.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dct2000.zip (70.4 KB, 1153 views)
Old 04-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by snewman
Here's a newer dct.exe file that works with the EXEMultiTunerPlugin.DLL. I modified the instructions in the readme.txt file to include instructions for using Multiple Tuners. I tried to explain everything, but if there are questions please make a post. The dct.exe file should still continue to work with a single tuner also. (it's still working for me )

There's no error checking on this. It assumes you are calling it using "dct.exe channel device". Device is optional and it will use the default device if none is specified.

I have the source for the EXEMultiTunerPlugin.DLL file now, thanks to Jeff. The plan is to make a DLL file that can be called from Sage without requiring a call to an external EXE. But that's going to require some development time, so this is more of a stop-gap measure.
Does this one still have the dos box that pops up? (no big deal, just wondering)
Old 04-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Does this one still have the dos box that pops up?
yes, unfortunately. That's going to be going away in the DLL version, but I just wanted to get this version out there right now and see if it works.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by snewman
yes, unfortunately. That's going to be going away in the DLL version, but I just wanted to get this version out there right now and see if it works.
As I've abandonned the multituner idea (*she* nixed it) are there any improvements in the new one you've listed or just the addition of the multi tuner (which is downright awesome of you to have put together)?
Old 04-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Sage User

Quote:
are there any improvements in the new one you've listed or just the addition of the multi tuner
Pretty much just the multi-tuner capability. It will read from the dct.ini file, if you have it in your %SYSTEMROOT% folder (usually c:\windows). It just reads from the ini to see which com port to talk to, so if you wanted to use something other than COM1, you would benefit from this version too.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:11 PM

Help in the Windy City

I'm Chicago, so unfortunately I can't get Sage TV. But I am having serious problems with Comcast and thought I would try and get some help as this forum seems to know what its talking about.

I have a Mortorola DCT2000 cable box that did not come with an IR blaster, and Comcast is refusing to activate the serial port. On a separate note, unrelated of course, Comcast is coming out with their own DVR service shortly and I can sign up for that. Ha Ha.

Is there anything I can do myself to the DCT2000 box to enable serial control, or add an IR blaster? Or does anyone know of another cable provider in Chicago that is more accomodating?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 05-05-2004, 03:01 PM

additional info

Oops . . . forgot to add that I'm trying to use the cable box with Tivo. As soon as I mentioned Tivo, the Comcast service rep's tone completely changed and she was no longer very helpful.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:18 AM

has anyone used this DTC plugin with a USB to Serial adapter? Also... (and I don't mean to sound like an unappreciative arse) hwo does the .dll version?
Old 05-31-2004, 09:26 PM

Delay Problem

Hi, I have a small problem with this Plugin.

When I try to change the cannel on my DCT the box sometimes skips a number when it is entered, ex.. when going to channel 124 I end up at 12, or 24 or 124. Kind of annoying when trying to record off digital.

Is there a way to set the Delay for this tuner?

I am using Sage TV Release 2 and the DCT2000serialtuner.zip file from this thread.

Thanks for any help you may have.

Demmers
Old 06-28-2004, 02:24 PM

Hello

New to these boards.
I tried to access this module at the download link, but it seems to be missing.

I'm having problems with my DCT2000 digital box, and SageTv 2.0
I wanted to try this module out, does anyone have a current link to a version of it.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:51 PM

Just look at the attachment for post #85. It's by snewman. I also made an even older post that has an attachment that contains an older copy of the program. But I'd get the newer one from snewman, he seems to be trying to further the prgrams developement.

/justme

Last edited by justme; 06-28-2004 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:01 PM

Greetings,

I just wanted to let everyone know I have DCT working great with a Comcast Motorola DCT-2524 in the New Hampshire area. The DCT-2524's firmware is version: 02.33 and the software version is: 60.21.

I also have a question - does anyone know if there's a way to prevent the DCT DOS window from popping up each time you change the channel? THANKS!

MelvinX
Old 07-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I also have a question - does anyone know if there's a way to prevent the DCT DOS window from popping up each time you change the channel? THANKS!
I would also like to know if there is a way to suppress this window, or not give it focus.
________
Sunset Boulevard Residence 2 Pattaya

Last edited by meekell; 09-08-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Sage User

sn0wcrash, I bought a Keyspan USB to Serial 4 comm port and it works fine. The dct.exe program (and any other program for that matter) sees it as a regular serial port. The Keyspan driver sets them up as virtual serial ports. Can't vouch for any other USB to Serial adapters.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:21 AM
Sage User

Any chance someone can get the source to this? I've tried to use it and keep getting carrier detected changed state pop-up which causes problems with recording.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

If you want to suppress the window, get a program called TrayThis. It can move the window to the tray, or hide it completely.

And now for a stupid question: The serial connection is a 9-pin on the computer going to a 9-pin on the cable box, right?