SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
If you are using webserver 2.6, why did you update the script to the version 2.8? 2.8 is for the webserver 2.8. The settings file looks ok from what I see.

Coolwave no longer has a Xbox and is no longer updating this script. Only people like myself are making changes and adding to this thread. The script I attached above should work for webserver 2.8 and adds archving functionality.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the answer.
I will try to test this when i'm back home.
Hope this works :-)

Will report soon,

Ciao
Sandro
Old 01-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

yes - as Kricker says you have to look at versions. The script does a connection test with the webserver and it reads the first page. If you look in a browser you'll see at the end of the page: page generated at: The wording of that phrase has changed between 2.6 and 2.8 somewhere so that is why the original script will not work.

Success.

Jan
Old 01-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

I just got my Xbox up and running with XBMC. However, I don't know how to install this script. Anyone have a pointer to where I could find some info?

I have the script downloaded, not sure where to find the settings.xml file. All help is appreciated.

thanks,

EDIT: I found the .zip file so I answered some of my questions.

Last edited by lovingHDTV; 01-13-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
I just got my Xbox up and running with XBMC. However, I don't know how to install this script. Anyone have a pointer to where I could find some info?

I have the script downloaded, not sure where to find the settings.xml file. All help is appreciated.

thanks,

EDIT: I found the .zip file so I answered some of my questions.

I got it all on my Xbox and can run the script. However, I too only use UNC paths. From reading this thread it sounds like I will have to stream everything through the webserver. Is this still correct?

thanks,
Old 01-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry, I don't know. I don't use UNC paths on the server.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

I did get this to work. From looking at the script all that is being done is to scrap the path from the webpage. Therefore you have to have your unc paths for the RecordingPath case match what the web browser show.

In my case all server names are all caps. For the XBMC path the case did not seem to matter.

I can now access the files directly from my unc paths.

I do have about a 1 min wait to show all recordings. Is this normal for others as well?

Getting closer

thanks,
Old 01-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

I was browsing the XBMC forums and see that mplayer has not been release for XBMC with EDL support. Has anyone looked into this to see if it can be used?

thanks,
Old 01-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
...I do have about a 1 min wait to show all recordings. Is this normal for others as well?
This all depends on the speed of your connection to the server from the Xbox, as well as the ability of the Server PC to send the data to the Xbox while other things are happening on it. As well as the efficiency of your router. You know...basic networking overhead and such. My TV recordings show up in about 3-5 seconds over wireless G+.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

Update script

Here is an updated script. I found a bug in the Archiving/Unarchive function. This should fix it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV-karl.zip (14.3 KB, 285 views)

Last edited by kricker; 02-07-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I got this script installed on my XBMC I used the script designed for the v2.8 webserver. I was a bit worried because I've been running the v2.11 of the webserver. Here is my experience:

SD Playback was perfect the only thing missing was comskip
HD Playback was unusable. Too much choppiness. I don't attribute that to my SageTV server since it is a powerhouse machine with GLan, Dual SATA 7200 rpm drives striping, 2GB RAM, 2 GHz CPU, etc. I know GigaLan doesn't help though because XBOX is just 10/100. I suspect that the decoding itself is too much to handle for the XBOX. I could play around with lowering my bitrates on the recordings etc. I might find a setting that could work but I'm really not that interested in using it unless we can find a way to enable comskip.

Conclusion:

XBMC can be used for SD easily. HD might be possible but the quality of the recording would have to be down shifted.

Anybody working on this script out there?
Old 02-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grauchy
I got this script installed on my XBMC I used the script designed for the v2.8 webserver. I was a bit worried because I've been running the v2.11 of the webserver. Here is my experience:

SD Playback was perfect the only thing missing was comskip
HD Playback was unusable. Too much choppiness. I don't attribute that to my SageTV server since it is a powerhouse machine with GLan, Dual SATA 7200 rpm drives striping, 2GB RAM, 2 GHz CPU, etc. I know GigaLan doesn't help though because XBOX is just 10/100. I suspect that the decoding itself is too much to handle for the XBOX. I could play around with lowering my bitrates on the recordings etc. I might find a setting that could work but I'm really not that interested in using it unless we can find a way to enable comskip.

Conclusion:

XBMC can be used for SD easily. HD might be possible but the quality of the recording would have to be down shifted.

Anybody working on this script out there?

My conclussion was exactly the same.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Sage Icon

Yes I am trying to work on this script. See my updates above. For HDTV playback you need to look around on the XBMC forums there are quite a bit of discussions about that as well as experimental mplayer builds being done to tackle just that.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Kricker, I did download your version of the script it seemed to work fine. But I think for HDTV playback I'll just go ahead and put some scrap pieces of hardware together and built a SageTV client machine. If the Xbox would work it would be a cheaper alternative for sure.

I'll check out the XBMC forums see if I can find the latest version of mplayer. I am using whatever is built-in on XBMC right now I thought they integrated them and killed mplayer a while ago?
Old 02-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Sage User

I'm hoping that someone out there can help me get this working. I just recently upgraded my XBMC to a fresh SVN compile and installed a few new skins. Currently loving Clearity. I also went browsing for some new scripts with the script browser script and stumbled upon this wonderful addition to my line up. Got everything loaded up, including the 2.8 update, since I am using the 2.8 webserver on my sage box. Everything loads up just fine, very pretty interface and all the info is there. Unfortunately I can not make any shows play. If I select a show and then hit "watch", it does nothing. I then cannot do anything within the window, including back out of that screen. I have to restart XBMC to get out of the script.

I would love it if I could use the Sage script instead of just accessing the shared folder for watching my shows. I've included my settings file for any experts that may be able to help.

Thanks in advance,

David
Attached Files
File Type: txt settings.xml.txt (2.4 KB, 232 views)
Old 02-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry, it is a known issue (at least by me) that has no solution right now. I have asked many people for help but so far no one has come to the rescue. I have postd to the XBMC python forums as well. So for now, the newest build of XBMC I can use is from Late November.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Sage User

Kricker,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on this thread and perhaps fish for some help in the x-scene python forums. Hopefully we can get this to work with a current build.

David
Old 02-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

David,

have you tried:

<System RecordingPath="" XBMCPath=""/>

that would stream the recordings which is better than nothing at least when it works.

Also the root of your drive:\Apps\XBMC has an xbmc.log - can you check what is in there?

Jan
Old 02-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

Using the XBMC PC port I get this as an error:
Quote:
Q:\scripts\SageTV\SageTV-karl.py:1372: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception
if (action == 10 or action == ACTION_REMOTE_BACK):
Old 02-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Sage User

I've attached a log file with full debug info. Hopefully this helps.

I didn't make the change to stream the file through the webserver. I did make a change suggested on the x-scene forums.

If you are interested in the thread I started there you can see it below. (It looks like kricker has already visited the thread )

David

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=587297
Attached Files
File Type: txt xbmc.log.txt (43.7 KB, 245 views)