SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

i gotta say, the XBMC pre-2.1 release (27 MAY) from T3CH is impressive - they must be doing a lot of backporting from the linux version. I'll try out your script again kricker, maybe I can get it working this time. Kinda sucks that I'm recording HD now though, poor xbox can't quite handle those.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
i gotta say, the XBMC pre-2.1 release (27 MAY) from T3CH is impressive - they must be doing a lot of backporting from the linux version. I'll try out your script again kricker, maybe I can get it working this time. Kinda sucks that I'm recording HD now though, poor xbox can't quite handle those.
The good news is if it does get fully ported to linux...you will have a better system to run it on and still interface with sage. Or better yet be able to launch the sage linux client and run it in tandem with XBMC.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
The good news is if it does get fully ported to linux...you will have a better system to run it on and still interface with sage. Or better yet be able to launch the sage linux client and run it in tandem with XBMC.
It's true, but the XBOX is too much fun to give up... If I could only make my linux pc look and act just like an XBOX... hehe

Hopefully the port will make a lot more people interested in scripting for XBMC and thus supporting software like SageTV more extensively.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Sage Icon

I can browse all my files and I can tell that the xbox is trying hard to play a file, but it just doesn't. Can someone confirm that I set my settings.xml paths correctly?

Sample file location from the web:
\\sagetv\sagevideos\TheDailyShowWithJonStewart-3355326-0.mpg

settings.xml paths:
RecordingPath="\\sagetv\sagevideos\"
XBMCPath="smb://sagetv//SageVideos/"
Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I can browse all my files and I can tell that the xbox is trying hard to play a file, but it just doesn't. Can someone confirm that I set my settings.xml paths correctly?

settings.xml paths:
Which webserver version are you using?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armondole View Post
Which webserver version are you using?
2.14 currently, but I think 2.15 is out.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

settings.xml paths:
I am also using 2.14. I have found in the past that I just needed to kill the settings.xml file, replace it with the original and re-edit it.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

I'll try that, but it was a fresh install actually (downloaded the main SageTV.rar from Coolwave's website). Does that mean that I have the paths correct?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'll try that, but it was a fresh install actually (downloaded the main SageTV.rar from Coolwave's website). Does that mean that I have the paths correct?
But you are using the version I posted in #218 above right?

Try
Code:
XBMCPath="smb://sagetv/SageVideos/"

Last edited by kricker; 06-04-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

hm, that is good and bad. I tested webserver 2.9, 2.11, 2,13 and 2,15 with Krickers new version but only 2.8 works for me. So killing settings.xml might actually make it work?

It's currently recording but I'll certainly give that a try - I've wasted so much time on this already, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Kricker - did you remove the page up/down icons in the recording overview intentionally?

Jan
Old 06-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh View Post
hm, that is good and bad. I tested webserver 2.9, 2.11, 2,13 and 2,15 with Krickers new version but only 2.8 works for me. So killing settings.xml might actually make it work?

It's currently recording but I'll certainly give that a try - I've wasted so much time on this already, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Kricker - did you remove the page up/down icons in the recording overview intentionally?

Jan
Uhh...I didn't notice they were missing. The only thing I KNOWINGLY removed was the guide

EDIT. I just looked and I see what you mean. I'm not sure why they are gone. I'll do some experimenting.

....imagine the time I have wasted on this. How I discovered it working was this; I had all my version in the scripts folder of the new XBMC build. Nothing was working, frustrated as hell I just navigated to the old XBMC build using the filemanager and ran the script from that folder......bingo it worked....WTF?!. So I deleted my entire SageTV script folder from the new build, copied it from the old build and just made a few edits.

Last edited by kricker; 06-04-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Sage Icon

As requested by jhh

Here is the folder directly from my xbox.

Quote:

Jan
What build of XBMC are you using? I am using XBMC-SVN_2007-05-27_rev9113-T3CH.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV.zip (618.3 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by kricker; 06-04-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Here is the folder directly from my xbox.

What build of XBMC are you using? I am using XBMC-SVN_2007-05-27_rev9113-T3CH.
Tried it but didn't work - I have the same build for XBMC. I appreciate your help though. Back to 2.8
Old 06-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Tried it but didn't work - I have the same build for XBMC. I appreciate your help though. Back to 2.8
What isn't working? Will it not even connect?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What isn't working? Will it not even connect?
Sort of - it gets past the connection check because the pop-up 'Not able to connect' does not appear but then it does not seem to do anything.

If you run the script from the scripts list then it says 'Running' for a short while and it gives up. If I remember well there is only one line in the xbmc.log which says 'Script error' but it is about as helpful as that.

I've set-up a temp sage on a laptop to debug the script but I think about 4 days of the evaluation are gone already and I can't spend too much time on it.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sort of - it gets past the connection check because the pop-up 'Not able to connect' does not appear but then it does not seem to do anything.

If you run the script from the scripts list then it says 'Running' for a short while and it gives up. If I remember well there is only one line in the xbmc.log which says 'Script error' but it is about as helpful as that.

I've set-up a temp sage on a laptop to debug the script but I think about 4 days of the evaluation are gone already and I can't spend too much time on it.
I am assuming you checked the ip is right as well as name and password? Have you tested with the default config.xml so it prompts you for the ip and user name and pass?
Old 06-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I am assuming you checked the ip is right as well as name and password? Have you tested with the default config.xml so it prompts you for the ip and user name and pass?
I've done both: with ip 0.0.0.0 -so the script asks for it- and with the correct ip filled in. Will try a bit more tomorrow. Initial debugging showed that there was an issue drawing the background image but that was with the script that worked on the xbox. If PC environment and xbox behave differently this will never work I'm afraid.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've done both: with ip 0.0.0.0 -so the script asks for it- and with the correct ip filled in. Will try a bit more tomorrow. Initial debugging showed that there was an issue drawing the background image but that was with the script that worked on the xbox. If PC environment and xbox behave differently this will never work I'm afraid.
I gave up testing with the pc XBMC. They do act different. I would also recommend using the default skin for XBMC (PM III) when you are testing.

Also I just tested with 2.16 version of the webserver and things are acting funky again. I thought I was using 2.14 earlier, but it might have been 2.13.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Sage Icon

Ok new developments, I just tested with webservers 2.13-2.16. Nielm changed the way the date is done in 2.16 so things are a bit screwy with it ATM. But 2.15 seems very solid with this version of the script. As far as I can tell everything works. I am going to start numbering them based on the webserver it works with. Page up/down icons are still absent ATM, I can only assume XBMC changed how these are drawn and the script needs to change accordingly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV-07-06-2007.zip (667.2 KB, 286 views)

Last edited by kricker; 06-07-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok new developments, I just tested with webservers 2.13-2.16.
Here some new developments as well - the scripts now sort of works. By accident I was doing an upgrade of the webserver and a re-install of the script while it was still running and voila it now works. I have 3 other XBOXes so I can check if I can reproduce this behaviour

One thing though 'Recorded TV' and 'Schedule' does not work for me - it does display the recent recordings and the upcoming recordings. I can play files from the recent recording list. I can understand why it does not work as the formatting is so different from v2.8 in the webserver with the checkboxes in front of the results. Have you got this switched off somehow - I don't really understand how the script understands it when it looks so different?

Pity we have a rather big time-difference that makes cooperation a bit more difficult.

Jan