SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I am not exactly sure how it all works, I am just starting to kinda understand it.
Quote:
One thing though 'Recorded TV' and 'Schedule' does not work for me - it does display the recent recordings and the upcoming recordings.
This confuses me, you say it doesn't works, then you say it does work?! You should try to IM me despite the time difference, I often talk to people on your side of the pond, I am up very late.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Before -when I ran the script from the script menu- it said 'running' and then stopped. I have it also sitting under the XBMC 'My Programs' button on the initial screen and initiated from there it didn't do anything.
But now it shows the initial screen. I can play the recent recordings - I can even navigate into the 5 or what is it upcoming recordings and see the scheduling menus from there.
On the initial script screen the Recorded TV and Schedule don't do anything and that is the bit tht doesn't work and I assume it is because the recordings screen in the website looks so different as the script is parsing the output from there. So to fix it: either make the webserver return the results in the old format or change the script. As the script is working for you in its current form I wonder a bit what your webpage looks like?

This one retrieves the last 5 recordings:

Code:
http://" + webaddress + "/sage/Search?SearchString=&searchType=TVFiles&search_fields=title&TimeRange=0&Categories=**Any**&Channels=**Any**&watched=any&dontlike=any&favorite=any&autodelete=any&partials=both
&sort1=airdate_desc&sort2=title_asc&pagelen=5"

and the system is happy with that I think it is because there are no multiple recordings of the same series which the webservers now seems to group - I'll do some more investigation tomorrow - bedtime here now.

Last edited by Opus4; 12-31-2007 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Broke up URL for formatting
Old 06-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm back on 2.8 - I had it working on 2.15 and it was able to show the recent recordings and upcoming recordings on the initial screen. So now I no longer think the formatting of the webpage is the issue (after all it works for you).
In the Recorded TV I changed the number of entries per page to 5 in the URL that retrieves the recordings to match the number of recent recordings on the initial screen. Then the Recorded TV menu option worked but when I increased the number until over 13 it no longer worked. Unfortunqtely that number 13 does not match with the number of recordings per screen and couldn't find any reference to 13 in the script so I gave up.
Then I took a break and when I came back the script didn't work at all - downgrade to 2.8 and everything is fine again. Then I did a new upgrade but it doesn't work anymore.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:05 AM

Any reason to Upgrade?

I have the 2.8 Webserver Running, and the 2.8 Version of the script working, I only use it to Watch Recordings, and it will give me the listing of Recorded Files, and I can click on them and it give me their info then I can watch them and it works. Is there any reason I should Upgrade my webserver or script. The only real problem I have with it is that the Script is slow, it takes almost 30 seconds to load the recorded shows list, I have around 50 shows. And I am using the 06-09-07 Version of XBMC. If ther were a way to have a progress indicator that would be great just so I know it hasn't timed out but not really that important.

And a quick Menu to Watch/Delete Recordings from the listing, since it scrolls episode info on the screen.

Last edited by hattmall; 06-13-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattmall View Post
Is there any reason I should Upgrade my webserver or script.
All the latest and greatest that Nielm is building is an incentive to upgrade the webserver. On the other hand - upgrading the webserver may break the script (although experiences with that are varied) so that is a reason to stay with the webserver version that you have. I used to have the 2.8 running on Sagetv service and a higher one on Sageclient running on the same machine but that no longer seems to work.

Performance is really quite ok - I have more recordings and have no performance issues at all. Initial screen comes up almost immediately. Response to remote contol is good - listing recordings is fast as well. You may want to compare with a web browser and see how fast you get the list of recordings from there.

You don't happen to have python programming experience do you? We are still looking for a friend who has.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattmall View Post
...And a quick Menu to Watch/Delete Recordings from the listing, since it scrolls episode info on the screen.
That would be nice.....

The 2.8 version of the script doesn't work with newer builds of XBMC (at least up til a month ago). The newer version of the script 'should' work with all the newer builds of XBMC since late 2007. Whether the newer version of the script works with 2.8 webserver or not, I do not know.

-JHH
Are you using the newest version of the script with 2.8 webserver?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
That would be nice.....
-JHH
Are you using the newest version of the script with 2.8 webserver?
Yes - and it is no problem at all - although I'm a bit tempted to go back one version to get the pgup/dn buttons back in the recording overview. Haven't had the time to change it yet.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh View Post
Yes - and it is no problem at all - although I'm a bit tempted to go back one version to get the pgup/dn buttons back in the recording overview. Haven't had the time to change it yet.
Yeah, I'm, still not sure why those are missing.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

What does it mean if you click the script through XBMC and it doesn't do anything? It says "Running", but just returns to the prompt. I access this by going to scripts at the bottom of XBMC.

I modified the settings file to just include the ip address, login, and password of the web server. For debugging purposes I left the RecordingPath="" and XBMCPath="". I also tried to populate them.

I'm running the webserver 2.8 with the modified .py file available via the webpage. I'm running Sage version 5.0.4.92 and XBMC version from Oct 10 2005. I know a little old, but haven't used XBMC in a while. Should this work on my setup?

Network connectivity is fine and I can access the web server from another computer fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Deliverer
Old 06-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliverer View Post
What does it mean if you click the script through XBMC and it doesn't do anything? It says "Running", but just returns to the prompt. I access this by going to scripts at the bottom of XBMC.

I modified the settings file to just include the ip address, login, and password of the web server. For debugging purposes I left the RecordingPath="" and XBMCPath="". I also tried to populate them.

I'm running the webserver 2.8 with the modified .py file available via the webpage. I'm running Sage version 5.0.4.92 and XBMC version from Oct 10 2005. I know a little old, but haven't used XBMC in a while. Should this work on my setup?

Network connectivity is fine and I can access the web server from another computer fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Deliverer
You might want to at least try an XBMC from late 2006 or something more recent. There is no telling what is happening with a build from 2005. You could also try to enable logging in xbmc (see the online manual), then run the script and look the the log to find what's going on.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

Updated script, delete now works again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV-19-06-2007.zip (668.5 KB, 336 views)
Old 06-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Updated script, delete now works again.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just found this script (nice job btw) so I thought I would post what current versions of software I'm using that are working:

Web server: 2.15, I tried 2.16 but each recording was listed 4 or 5 times
Python Script: SageTV-19-06-2007
XBMC: SVN_2007_07_09_rev9530-T3CH
Old 07-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

hi all,

I've built a script to use the webserver as a datasource for the mytv script which is posted in this forum. (tested with 2.8 but will most likely also work with 2.15 (if not - it should be easy to fix))

I'm now trying to integrate the myTV script into this SageTV script where it calls the popup for the guide I used:

w = xbmc.executebuiltin("xbmc.runscript(q:\scripts\mytv\default.py")
w.doModal()
del w

You have to comment out the last three lines of the myTV default.py script because it is doing a very thorough cleanup on exit and brings you back to xbmc main screen.

It is in a state where it shows mytv when selecting the guide from the left menu - if you exit myTV it nicely stays in SageTV and seems to work. However when you call the guide a second time then it crashes.

Suggestions very welcome.

Jan

p.s.: I mentioned earlier that pg-up/dwn buttons on lists did not work anymore - I suspect it is a xbmc thing. I downloaded the almost original script from coolwaves pages and that no longer has the buttons either. I guess the screencontrol has changed.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Sage Icon

ahhhh sweet. I look forward to playing with that. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:44 AM

Nice!

Just wanted to say thanks for those that work on this script. I am currently evaluating alternatives to MythTV, and Sage looks very nice. I have two modded xboxs that I want to use as frontends and this is perfect!

THANKS!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

Just be aware that any version of the webserver over 2.15 causes issues ATM.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

XBMC Script update for Webserver 2.20

Hi,

I've made some changes to the script and it appears to be working on 2.20 now. I have to say that the script is quite solid - I only had to change the regular expressions to retrieve last 5 recordings and upcoming 5 recordings on the initial screen and then also the one to list the recordings.

Feel free to have a go at it. I'll try to fix what I've broken but don't expect too much of a service level on this.

I have untabified the code in the Idle editor (1 tab is 8 spaces). Of course you have to remove the .txt as I can't put in a .py attachment.

Jan

-> Note: it only works when you stream the recording from the webserver - so do not specify a path in the settings.xml
Attached Files
File Type: txt default.py.txt (130.5 KB, 225 views)

Last edited by jhh; 12-07-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

sweet. Thnks jhh. I'll have a look at this later myself. I hope to work with someone soon to make it use the xbmc skinning features.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Sage User

Thank you for this...it seems to retrieve info much faster than the last one..

now let me see if I can get the comskip working on it since it is now embedded into media player in the newer xbmc builds...Thanx again