SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I am glad you at least are keeping the script going, as I am constantly side tracked right now.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Sage User

Damn, thats a real shame about live tv!
I had been playing around with SageMC trial yesterday and it looked pretty nice!
Looks like my only option for using Xboxes as extenders for TV is MythTV

Thanks for your reply anyway
Old 02-20-2008, 01:13 PM

Listings Trouble

My shows are showing up multiple times in each category of the sagetv.py for xbmc. The recently recorded listing shows every show I have recorded, but seven times in a row for every show, but they have only been recorded once . this is the same for every listing I have. Upcoming,scheduled, recent, etc...
any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated. It's kinda hard to look through your recorded shows when the name is on their seven times in a row.

* merged *
Old 02-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonXciDe View Post
My shows are showing up multiple times in each category of the sagetv.py for xbmc.
I thought I was in the Webserver thread so I referred to this thread - as the message is posted here anyway I think a pointer to the post may be more helpful.

There is an update of the script in post 258 in this thread which should fix that issue on most screens.

Jan

Last edited by jhh; 02-21-2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Thought I was reading the webserver thread rather than this one
Old 02-21-2008, 07:34 AM

Thanx

Thanx for the help that fixed it up!!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh View Post
I thought I was in the Webserver thread so I referred to this thread - as the message is posted here anyway I think a pointer to the post may be more helpful.

There is an update of the script in post 258 in this thread which should fix that issue on most screens.

Jan
Just wanted to say thanks for all the posts. I was able to set this up, and make changes to get it working, without asking any questions. Works great..
Old 03-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

I have a new version ready for upload. I have made edits so that all retrieved items in all areas will no loner repeat themselves. I am just waiting for jhh to confirm I did not break anything. Then I will post it.

I just got direct playing using smb paths working as well using the below in my settings.xml:
Code:
	<System RecordingPath="\\pvr\recordings" XBMCPath="smb://PVR/Recordings/"/>
In sage.properties my recording path is:
Code:
seeker/video_storage=\\\\pvr\\recordings,5000000000,2
In Sage detailed setup\general\video recording directories:
Code:
\\pvr\recordings
Using direct play allows XBMC to use the comskip files and skip commercials automatically.

Last edited by kricker; 03-06-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Sage User

Hi,

Quick question...Did you get the direct play working because of the changes made in settings.xml or in the updated default.py?

I assume those are network drive settings...I used the other recording paths settings (recordings are in computer server) and am now showing video playback, but no commercial skip. However, when file is played thru file explorer, commercial skip works! Any insight is appreciated...
Old 03-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagetvkid View Post
Hi,

Quick question...Did you get the direct play working because of the changes made in settings.xml or in the updated default.py?

I assume those are network drive settings...I used the other recording paths settings (recordings are in computer server) and am now showing video playback, but no commercial skip. However, when file is played thru file explorer, commercial skip works! Any insight is appreciated...
Direct play was only due to the settings.xml. Nothing in the default.py should have been edited to effect playback. For me it was just a matter of getting the settings right for using UNC paths in Sage. Previously I had Sage using a local drive path.

What do you mean by
Quote:
I used the other recording paths settings
If you mean you left those setting blank to stream from the webserver, then it will not use the comskip files during playback.

Last edited by kricker; 03-07-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Sage User

Thank you for responding so quickly....I mean specifically...RecordingPath="E:\Recordings\" and XBMCPath="smb://Computer Name/E/Recordings/" in settings.xml

I am able to read, select and play recordings...but no commercial skip
Old 03-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Sage Icon

Possibly your XBMC build is too old (meaning an older build of mplayer with no comskip abilities) or your comskip files are not setup properly. They should have the exact name as the file you are playing but with the .edl extension.

I have *.edl, *.txt, and *.log for each of my recordings.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Sage User

Figured it out...I was using "RecordingPath" instead of "System RecordingPath"...then played around with my firewall..Commercial Skipping now works

Thank you and Jhh for your time and efforts on keeping this thread and software alive!!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Well here it is. I haven't heard from jhh, I assume he is busy. If he finds something wrong I will pull it, but here it is for now.

Last edited by kricker; 03-20-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

First I would like to thank jhh, kricker, and coolwave for this script. Very nice work! Thank you.

I seem to still be having some troiuble runnig the whole thing though. I can connect to the webserver and list the recordings, list movies (Multiple listings for same movie) but not watch any of them? also my guide shows only channel numbers when the channel number is seleted all shows are repeated six times. Any deas?

I am running XBMC T3CH 2.24.08
Webserver 2.22
sage as a service 6.3.5

Thanks,
Skybolt
Old 03-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
First I would like to thank jhh, kricker, and coolwave for this script. Very nice work! Thank you.

I seem to still be having some troiuble runnig the whole thing though. I can connect to the webserver and list the recordings, list movies (Multiple listings for same movie) but not watch any of them? also my guide shows only channel numbers when the channel number is seleted all shows are repeated six times. Any deas?

I am running XBMC T3CH 2.24.08
Webserver 2.22
sage as a service 6.3.5

Thanks,
Skybolt
The Guide is a bit shakey, and always has been. I do not know enough python yet to figure out why, but no items should be repeated in any screen. Are you using the version of the script I posted above, or that is currently on XBMCscripts.com? As for watching them, what are values in the settings.xml file? Have you read thru the previous posts on how to set it up properly, especially for UNC paths.?

I am also currently working on an update that:
1. Does not show partial recordings in the recordedTV list.
2. Added a new filter that will show the partial recordings, if you want to see them.
3. removes the 100 item limit on all screens.

I found a small bug while doing this update, so I will try to get it worked out first.

Last edited by kricker; 03-14-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

Hi kricker, Thanks for the reply.

I updated from the XBMCscripts script in XBMC, thinking the two files are one in the same as the dates are the same. I am not quite sure what to expect from this script as far as what it can do. I have read most of the preceeding pages and have not full converted to UNC yet. I swich to UNC for testing the XBMC sage interface, then go back as the sage GUI looses the recordings when I switch. I used you post as a referance to the UNC setup. I shoudl add that this is the first version of this script I have been able to run and I am not sure why. I will try the script you posted above and redo the UNC paths again over the weekend and report back.

Thanks,
SkyBolt
Old 03-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

What is posted above and what is on XMBCscripts is the same thing. I just was making sure you were using one of those.

Before you use UNC paths with the script, you need to make sure you got everything running right with Sage first. There are various threads discussing how to switch to UNC paths and the benifiets vs. the downfalls (none really once you have everything setup right including a loopback network connector just in case your router goes down during a recording). Once you have that worked out, then come back to the script.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Sage User

you rock!

This is amazing. I hadn't used it in a few years and recently started using my Xbox much more and decided to install the SageTV script. It seems to be definitely much improved and working great! Comskip is a nice addon as well.

Thank you kindly for your efforts everyone.

-A
Old 03-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Sage Icon

I'm glad it's work well for you.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
... Before you use UNC paths with the script, you need to make sure you got everything running right with Sage first. ...
are UNC pathes a requirement for the this script to work? I am assuming it is, but I though I'd check. I am having alot dificulties getting UNC to work correctly with Sage as a service.

-Thanks,
Skybolt