SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
The ending \\ is actually there... I just forgot to put it in the post. It reads Q:\\scripts\SageTV\\Images\\

I'm using UNC paths (if it matters) and can play files through the My Videos section.

Thanks.
Have you got it to work yet? It might be due to the fact you are using it for the default dash and have it installed on C instead of in E:\Apps. Is that the case? My folder structure is as follows;

E:\Apps\XBMC\scripts\SageTV
Images
Images2 (to put your own images in for your own skin)
SageTV.py

...and the only thing I had to change in the SageTV.py file ws the webaddress.

How are you using the UNC paths? I have tried using that to connect to my Sage server, and had to go back to just using the IP 'cause I could never get it to conect otherwise.

Last edited by kricker; 03-06-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Sage Expert

Apparently I didn't know what I was doing and installed it as both an App (E:\Apps\XBMC) and as a dashboard (E:\XBMC). It appears to be running from E:\XBMC. At any rate, whatever changes I make, I do to both locations.

It actually looks like I'm having an issue with the web server. If I click on the m3u link in the webserver, I get a 404 page not found error. I'll try reinstalling the webserver this evening to see if that fixes anything.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 03-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Sage User

So has anyone actually tried using this to view an OTA HD recording? Most of the responses have been about viewing HD Xvid/Divx, which is no where near the bitrate of an HD mpeg2. I was never able to get this to work using MCE DVR-MS files (after stripping the mpeg 2 out).

This would be yet another reason for me to switch to Sage if it works, but I just don't think an Xbox has enough power to do it.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rob3
So has anyone actually tried using this to view an OTA HD recording? Most of the responses have been about viewing HD Xvid/Divx, which is no where near the bitrate of an HD mpeg2. I was never able to get this to work using MCE DVR-MS files (after stripping the mpeg 2 out).

This would be yet another reason for me to switch to Sage if it works, but I just don't think an Xbox has enough power to do it.
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq.htm#HDTV

Quote:
Yes and no, but the answer is a little more complicated than that, you see: Xbox/XBMC can output 480p/720p/1080i (if you have a High Definition AV Pack/component cable) and upscale all low-resolution videos (like retail DVD-Video/Movies) to 720p (1280x720 pixel progressive) or 1080i (1920x1080 pixel interlaced) in hardware (linear upscale/upconvert). So XBMC have no problems with upscaling example DVD-video (720x480 NTSC/720x756 PAL) movies to HDTV 480p/720p/1080i. XBMC is even capable of playing native HD video (video/movies with native resolutions higher than 720x576) like 720p (1280x720) and 1080i (1920x1080), however there is here a big snag/limitation and that is that a standard Xbox only has a 733Mhz Intel Pentium-III CPU (processor) and that does not have the processing power to decode those native HD video resolutions, and that means you would only get maybe 10fps (frames per seconds) displayed which would appear so jerky because of all dropped frames that it will be un-viewable.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to janzik Send a message via AIM to janzik Send a message via MSN to janzik Send a message via Yahoo to janzik
One thing I did notice, was that when played through sage.py the length of the file is listed as 00:00 in the timer, but if I select it from my media it does display the time, so I think it's more of a bug in the XBMC API rather than your script.

I did watch another show with it last night (a 1 hour, 3.1 gig L&O SVU) and it played just fine. I'm going to chalk it up to XBMC (not sage.py) choking on a 6 gig file.

Also, can you force a refresh after deleting a file? Delete works, but you need to hit refresh to see it disappear.

Again, this thing is great, thanks for writing it!
(I'm so easily amused)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwave
Thanks for making your first post in my thread! I appreciate the feedback and I can tell you right now that Grouping by Title is already working pretty well for me. I have quite a few other things I need to finish up before I can release a new version since there are some other things that are broken right now in my version. As far as that CSI episode goes, I really have no idea how playback works other than I just point it at a file and tell XBMC to take over from there. Hope that helps, haha.
Coolwave
Old 03-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janzik
One thing I did notice, was that when played through sage.py the length of the file is listed as 00:00 in the timer, but if I select it from my media it does display the time, so I think it's more of a bug in the XBMC API rather than your script.

Also, can you force a refresh after deleting a file? Delete works, but you need to hit refresh to see it disappear.
As far as the length being 00:00 in the timer, I've seen that as well and I'm going to look further into it once I look at adding playlist support since I'll be working with the playback functions of XBMC once I get into that and I'll be more likely to want to mess around with it.

I've thought about forcing refresh after deleting, but I think I might just put a Refresh button on the list screens as well as the main screen because some people have reported that load times are a bit long, so I don't want to force refresh for those people. On the same note, I need to find a way to keep track of focus for after the refresh. You may have noticed if you select Set Watched or something that it'll always select the first button after any data has changed. It's one of those things that annoys me and I would like it to be a little more smooth for us users, but I'm going to add functionality for a while before I start perfecting navigation.

Once I add support for a settings file of some kind that doesn't have to be changed with each new version, I'll be more likely to start throwing in options for people to autorefresh, show/hide the Don't Like buttons, Sorting/Grouping options for different screens/searches, etc.

Coolwave

Last edited by Coolwave; 03-06-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to technix Send a message via Yahoo to technix
What about making the forced refresh a user selected setting so those that want it can have it and those that dont may use the button to refresh

Derrick
Old 03-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix
What about making the forced refresh a user selected setting so those that want it can have it and those that dont may use the button to refresh
This is eventually what I'd like to do. My priority right now is to get Recording and Series Settings finished up (been workin hard on them!) and release a new version with these since I think they are very important functions.

As of right now, after the recording settings screens, I plan on implimenting a settings xml file or something like that so that it's easy to have options for autorefresh, sorting, etc. I might put off the next release until I do have a settings file that works.

I love SageMC and MCE, so don't worry, anything that you find annoying about how the script works probably bugs me even more. I'm getting pretty close to having most major functions working, so after that it's going to be all about making it all work and look just like SageMC/MCE.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for your hard work on this... I now have two hacked Xboxes just so I can use this script.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 03-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Sage User

do you think this will ever be able to watch live tv directly from the epg
Old 03-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan711
do you think this will ever be able to watch live tv directly from the epg
Yes. I pretty much can already.

Do I think we'll ever be able to change channels during playback?

No. I'm pretty sure this script will always require you to stop playback and select something else to record/watch. I don't know of any other way of doing this.

kricker and I are hammering out the major bugs of the current version I've got going and there will be a release no later than Sunday night (end of spring break). You'll love it. I promise.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
hammer....hammer...hammer....

I DO LOVE it!

It is pretty amazing what Coolwave has gotten this script to do so far. I think it is the most stable script XBMC has, and probably the most useful. It is currently on one Xbox, and getting ready to go on 2 others once I add them to the network.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Sage User

UPDATE!

Well, here's a huge update to this script. Check out the first page of this thread for all the features of the script so far. And here's just a screenshot of the "Guide" It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Old 03-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Sage User

There was a weird problem with the download I guess, I think it's fixed now.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Sage User

You can read about Softmods here http://xbox-scene.com/xbox-tutorials.php?p=151|#151
Old 03-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Homebutton Icon

If anyone is interested I made a SageTV button for the BlueTwo XBMC skin.

Download the png file here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xbmc.jpg (310.9 KB, 605 views)
Old 03-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Sage User

Works wonderfully. Thank you for all your hard work. Now only if I can get the xbox to play the integrated closed caption, and com skip But I have been living with out that feature for so long .. I can live with out it.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Sage User

Great great great job guys. love the switch to smb. I'm now watching semi live tv no problem. fast forward and rewind work great. tv listings are great. Keep up the superb work. It is very much appriciated
Old 03-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Sage User

great work guys, now all we need is for xbmc 2.0.0 to come out with that nice orgasmic skin...mmmmm skins
Old 03-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

This looks very interesting.
I have never tried to mod an xbox.
All I want to do is use XBMC to use the XBox as a Sage client.
I can't figure out exactly what I need to mod or change.
Can someone tell me exactly what to do?