SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattmall
Free - Easy - No Special Hardware Required way to Mod Your XBOX - AND BE LIVE COMPATIBLE
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=496263
Just a warning, it may be LIVE compatible now, but every softmod to date has seen the day where many are banned from live because MS decided to updated against it.

Pay for the modchip, there are ever cheaper ones out there, and turning it off is the best %100 permanent live safe mod.

Last edited by roofus; 03-24-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus
Awesome work, needs a watch live TV button, I know the web server doesn't let you do that but a little innovation makes it work.

OK, a watch button for currently playing programs would have to start recording the show through the web interface and then immediately start streaming that file.

You might not get to do it instantly but much quicker than browsing the guide, telling it to record, and then selecting that recording to watch, which is currently the only way with this script.
I can tell you right now that there will not be a Live TV button. It doesn't make any sense to have one, and I can tell you why. Yes, I can tell SageTV to start recording a certain program that's on right now and then start playback, but if playback is started too early (before 10 seconds or so has recorded) it will stop after a few seconds. I would have to delay playback for a bit so I don't really like that idea. There is also no way to change the channel in XBMC once "Live TV" has started and I don't have much control of anything once playback has started, and again the delay would be tough to deal with since it would take 10 seconds to change the channel. And even if you stay on one channel, I would also have to find a way to somehow start recording the next show and get it to play after the current recording is done.

As far as features I can see myself adding... maybe a favorites manager, some way to handle conflict resolution, and a nice EPG. I'm sorry to say that I am kind of taking a break and enjoying actually using the script. I do love where it's at already, but I also see room for improvement. All I can say is that I don't see an update happening for a while unless some people have some major issues. I've got too much beer to drink and homework to do right now.

I do use this script every day, so I know I'll be adding to it in the future. Anyone else is welcome to add to the script as well. Remember, I had never touched Python until I started writing this script, so if you've got any programming experience, Python isn't too bad to work with. Plus you've got all of my code right there in front of you to learn from.

Thanks for everyone's input. I love hearing from everyone that's using this. Makes it a lot more fun to add to it when everyone gets excited, so thanks guys!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwave
Yes, I can tell SageTV to start recording a certain program that's on right now and then start playback, but if playback is started too early (before 10 seconds or so has recorded) it will stop after a few seconds.
I see, still awsome script that has come lightyears from the first version. I love the skins so much, much cleaner and easier to read than the PMIII look.

Hopefully soon I'll get a copy of SageTV linux (damn budgets) and can work on getting it to run on the xbox. But, untill then, this is a great substitute.

Any way you can get shows to show up on your guide when you move down a channel, you know, without clicking?
Old 03-26-2006, 05:57 PM

Quote:
tetmin, it seems like the error message would show that it properly read the ip address and other connection info correctly, but it can't read the webserver's home webpage. What is the ip address of the Xbox? Can you access files over SMB from your SageTV server in XBMC? Can you ping your Xbox from your SageTV server? There must be something wrong with the network setup of the Xbox or else you're just missing some little thing... I guess, what version of XBMC are you running? And are you running v2.6 of nielm's webserver?
Thanks for the reply, the wierd thing is that i can access files over SMB on the SageTV server, and all other networking on the Xbox seems to work fine. I'm also running the latest version of everything...

Any thoughts guys?

I'd really love to get this working.

Cheers
Old 03-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetmin
Thanks for the reply, the wierd thing is that i can access files over SMB on the SageTV server, and all other networking on the Xbox seems to work fine. I'm also running the latest version of everything...

Any thoughts guys?

I'd really love to get this working.

Cheers

Run the internet connection test on your xbox, it's a pythion script for XBMC
Old 03-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Sage User

Well I have tried everything I can think of and cannot get this script to run..

I am using XBMC.CVS.22.March.2006 version. I have modified the sage xml file for the script uploaded the sagetv folder to the script folder inside of XBMC.

I have the newest version of the webserver, and it is up and running and working fine.

When I fire up XBMC I go down to the little script button, and choose SageTV, then click on the py file, It says it is running for just a second. Then the running text dissapears and nothing else happens..

Help what am I doing wrong..
Old 03-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
-Mikeydog
IM me if you can, and maybe I can get you thru this connection hell.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Sage User

Two questions for you guys.

1. Is there a way to set a recording as "don't like" in the script?

2. Where can i change the amount of time it skips forward or back? Is it an .xml file for the xbox media center?

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

1. yes edit the SageTV.py settings.xml file and set ShowDontLike="True"
2. for that you need to edit the settings.xml file in the TDATA/0face008 folder on your Xbox E: drive. look for
Code:
    <VideoSettings>
        <subsdelayrange>10.000000</subsdelayrange>
        <audiodelayrange>10.000000</audiodelayrange>
        <smallstepbackseconds>7</smallstepbackseconds>
        <smallstepbacktries>3</smallstepbacktries>
        <smallstepbackdelay>300</smallstepbackdelay>
        <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>
        <timeseekforward>8</timeseekforward>
        <timeseekbackward>-8</timeseekbackward>
        <timeseekforwardbig>60</timeseekforwardbig>
        <timeseekbackwardbig>-60</timeseekbackwardbig>
        <percentseekforward>2</percentseekforward>
        <percentseekbackward>-2</percentseekbackward>
        <percentseekforwardbig>10</percentseekforwardbig>
        <percentseekbackwardbig>-10</percentseekbackwardbig>
    </VideoSettings>
Old 04-08-2006, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus
Run the internet connection test on your xbox, it's a pythion script for XBMC
Ok, i've tried again and still no luck. The ip addresses are correct, i can stream files over SMB from all computers including the sagetv server. Internet connection is perfect, i can download from the internet on the Xbox. I'm running the latest version of everything (xbmc, nilems web server, sagetv) and no luck!

i've also set up the settings.xml file as suggested.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetmin
....I'm running the latest version of everything (xbmc, nilems web server, sagetv) and no luck!...
Well,there's your problem. This script will not work with webserver 2.7 or probably 2.8, you will need to use 2.6 until Coolwave or someone else has time to figure out how to get it to work with the newest version.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Sage User

Thanks kricker
Old 04-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

You are welcome.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Sage User

I'm STUCK!!

I'm stuck as well. My webserver is running just fine, even have a name registered for it. Running version 2.6, so there shouldn't be a problem there. Have my connection ip address setup correctly in settings.xml. Network is fine. When I click on the script it just says running then it goes away and nothing happens.

Please help!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I personally have it so that XBMC is my startup dashboard and I have created a button in the menu that launches the script. You can see in the screenshot I attached that I have a My TV button in XMBC that I added by editing the XboxMediaCenter.xml file.
Add something like this:
<button>
<description>My TV</description>
<label>My TV</label>
<execute>Q:\scripts\SageTV\SageTV.py</execute>
<icon>105</icon>
</button>
in the <homebuttons> section. Easy as that.

As far as the performance goes, is anyone else experiencing really slow load times? I have it setup to only get a max of 100 listings when loading any of those screens in hopes to prevent long load times. It takes about 3 seconds for my Movies screen to load, so close to a minute is not right. My Recorded TV is very limited, so it takes no time at all for that, but I have no content so I don't know what the average load time is for others. Do you have version 2.6 of the webserver installed? I'm not sure why it would be so slow.

Hope I can help you up your performance somehow,
Coolwave
I am using xbmc as an app and have added sageTV.py in the <homebutton> of the default "project mayhem" xbmc dash and it is not working. Has anyone else got this to show up on the xbmc menu? If so, how.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Sage User

Hey folks.

Yay! I remember wanting this script about a year ago.. and, now it's here! (I should have checked back a while ago!)

Anyhow.. here's my problem. I run the script on XBMC and up pops the interface. IT shows all the shows I recorded. Everything appears to work fine (I can even delete shows!).. Everything works fine, that is, until I try to watch a show.

I click on "WATCH" .. and nothing happens. Nothing at all. No freeze. No pause. Just nothing.

Any suggestions? I'm so close!

David
Old 04-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Sage Icon

*g-man
The PMIII skin can not be edited in that way. It is quite a bit more difficult. That method Coolwave posted was for many versions of XBMC ago. You can though edited some of the other skins to do this.When I get a chance I'll post how I got it working.

*dreamweb
are you sure the paths in the settings.xml file for the script are setup right?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Sage User

I'm pretty sure my settings.xml is correct. Or, at least, It's correct when I input the same thing into my xboxmediacenter.xml (I'm able to stream directly.. but not through your script).

Here's the excerpt from my settings.xml

... XBMCPath="smb://nic diz:xbox@192.168.2.100/recs/"/>

nic diz = login username
xbox = password

recs is my shared folder.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Sage Icon

what about
Code:
System RecordingPath="F:\"
where F:\ is my recording path on the SageTV pc.

btw, not my script but Coolwave's
Old 04-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Sage User

Kricker..

I didn't include the portion of my settings.xml that contained the "System RecordingPath" information. That appears to work fine.. (as I'm able to see all of my recordings when I run the script.) Like I mentioned.. everything works, excepting watching .

thanks.

d.

P.s. I -can- watch it by leaving the XBMCPath=""/> set to nothing. This streams the video through the webserver. In the documentation, it's noted that this works.. but doesn't work as well. So, I'd really like to get it working properly.

Last edited by DreamWeb; 04-19-2006 at 07:34 PM.