SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeb
I'm pretty sure my settings.xml is correct. Or, at least, It's correct when I input the same thing into my xboxmediacenter.xml (I'm able to stream directly.. but not through your script).

Here's the excerpt from my settings.xml

... XBMCPath="smb://nic diz:xbox@192.168.2.100/recs/"/>

nic diz = login username
xbox = password

recs is my shared folder.

Any suggestions?
It's entirely possible that it's having trouble with the space in the user name. You might want to try creating a test account without a space in the login.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Sage User

re: the space in the name.

I had thought about that as well.. but finally decided to give it a try since you mentioned it.

Didn't make a difference, unfortunately.

odd...

d.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I'm having connection problems as well: I can't get past the connection test. It says Unable to connect to ...

I tried to see whether I could connect to the same path in IE and that failed so I found a KB article that said that id + pwd passing in URL is no longer supported but there is a registry setting to allow it anyway so I tried that and then I can connect via the same URL as in the script to the webserver which is v2.6

Playing videos from the samba share which is on the same machine as the webserver works and weather updates work fine also.

Then I downloaded another script as I could not find the internet connection test mentioned earlier in this thread. From XBMCScripts I got TVGids (dutch) and that one gets Guide info from a dutch website and that works fine also.

XBMC version I have says 110 at least if that is the version number.

[edit] I've downloaded the python emulator for xbmc and found out that there is a list index error in the statement that checks for the current date after making the initial connect: CURRENT_DATE = re.compile('Last updated: (....[0-9]*),', re.I).findall(WebHTML)[0] - I think it means it's not getting the reply it expects which would hint at me using the wrong version of the webserver but I'm using 2.6 - is there a point trying 2.5 ? I noticed if I comment out the CURRENT_DATE stqtement that there are more errors so there it ends for me. [edit]
Suggestions welcome - thanks,
Jan

Last edited by jhh; 04-22-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:40 PM

Ok I'm really confused about the WebServer installation

OK, i'm really confused about the guide on where the webserver is located. I find it almost impossible to follow, and some files aren't even there when the guide calls for them (like the file Sage.properties).
Also, how do I start the service in the first place??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I didn't include the portion of my settings.xml that contained the "System RecordingPath" information. That appears to work fine.. (as I'm able to see all of my recordings when I run the script.) Like I mentioned.. everything works, excepting watching .
Okay, this is not correct. The recordings would show up even if this setting was wrong, so please double check it. Make sure that the RecordingPath matches the path found on the detailed info page where it says Files:
Old 04-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Sage User

I'm slowly working on an update to use the newest webserver and to take advantage of the xml features. It's kind of hard to work on since I have to break my current script, which I use daily, when I'm coding and testing anything for the new one.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:10 PM

Hi, and thanks for this great script! I logged in here to say that I'm having the same problem as tetmin is. whenever I try to run the script, I get a error dialog: "could not connect to" followed by my ip address.. This appears to be a problem that isn't isolated to one user, so this must be some kind of bug. I'm using a build of xbmc, compiled april 18th 2006.

I am 110% sure I have set every setting correctly. I can connect with every other script I have, and I've double checked the login settings, paths, etc.

Hope you guys can tell me how to fix this, cause I really want this script to work!

thanks in advance
Old 05-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Sage User

Has anyone tested this with a build of XBMC since the python upgrade?

Oh, and coolwave, I have a request for your script. It needs a periodic "getDuration( )" added in for programs that haven't finished recording.

If you start watching a program before its done and say it was a 7 minutes when you started it, then you watch past 7 minutes and try to skip a commercial, it takes you back to 7 minutes because XBMC hasn't had the duration updated. It would be easier to add it to all files that are played, and it wouldn't screw things up. Say every minute or 2?

Last edited by roofus; 05-14-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazumo
OK, i'm really confused about the guide on where the webserver is located. I find it almost impossible to follow, and some files aren't even there when the guide calls for them (like the file Sage.properties).
Also, how do I start the service in the first place??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Read the directions again carefully, if you don't understand them then read the SageTV manual from beginning to end and you'll get what you're missing.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh
Hi,

I'm having connection problems as well: I can't get past the connection test. It says Unable to connect to ...

I tried to see whether I could connect to the same path in IE and that failed so I found a KB article that said that id + pwd passing in URL is no longer supported but there is a registry setting to allow it anyway so I tried that and then I can connect via the same URL as in the script to the webserver which is v2.6
If you can't connect through IE or play files through the streaming playlist function, then there is a problem with your Sage TV web server. So please try both of these before asking coolwave to fix bugs.

For all of you having trouble connecting or playing files reinstall your web server making sure to delete these files under your Sage TV directory FIRST.
Quote:
Acme
net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils
net/sf/sageplugins/webserver
Once you have finished, open the web server in IE or similar browser, then find a recording and at the bottom of the "Detailed information" page you should fine something that looks like this
Quote:
Streaming Playlists: [wvx] [m3u] [pls]
Click on [m3u] if it does not open a streaming file in your media player on your computer and you get a 404 error or something similar, then you didn't delete those files as you were supposed to.

If you can't connect to the web server at all, try reinstalling the server one more time and if it doesn't work then you should try contacting neilm.

THERE IS NO CONNECTION BUG IN THIS SCRIPT, I'VE USED IT ON MULTIPLE SAGETV PCS AND MULTIPLE XBOXS WITH MUILTIPLE BUILDS OF XBMC.

Please check and double check your setups. This really is an out of the box script, meaning there is no huge setup for it. If your settings are right, then it is your webserver. Simple as that. I'm sorry to be so blunt but that's the way it is.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
re: the space in the name.

I had thought about that as well.. but finally decided to give it a try since you mentioned it.

Didn't make a difference, unfortunately.

odd...

d.
You need to double slash after your IP and before your share. Like this
Quote:
<System RecordingPath="E:\SageTV\" XBMCPath="smb://192.168.0.4//SageTV/"/>
192.168.0.4//SageTV/
Old 05-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man
I am using xbmc as an app and have added sageTV.py in the <homebutton> of the default "project mayhem" xbmc dash and it is not working. Has anyone else got this to show up on the xbmc menu? If so, how.
Search the XBMC forums under python for "SubMenu Editor"
Old 05-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus
If you can't connect through IE or play files through the streaming playlist function, then there is a problem with your Sage TV web server. So please try both of these before asking coolwave to fix bugs.
I can connect trought IE and I can stream video to other PC's in the network using the webserver. What initially did not work is passing the user ID + password in the URL through IE as Microsoft disabled that feature. You need to switch a setting in the registry in order to allow IE passing that information in plaintext in the URL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus
Please check and double check your setups. This really is an out of the box script, meaning there is no huge setup for it. If your settings are right, then it is your webserver. Simple as that. I'm sorry to be so blunt but that's the way it is
Don't worry about that - that is the kind of message that we understand What I can see is that the script performs a request to the webserver and then tries to populate the current_date variable. The request works but the statement that fills the current_date results in an invalid list index errormessage. My xbmc + python install is fairly recent and I noticed you asked whether someone had succesfully tested the xbmc after python upgrade. How can I verify what python version I'm running as I've seen different version numbers in different readme files?

I really appreciate you have taken the time to reply.

Jan
Old 05-18-2006, 11:54 AM

I tried using this after upgrading to the newest XBMC that uses python in a dll file. I wasnt able to get it to work. I execute the script and nothing happens. Everything went well with upgrading XBMC except this script.

I really use this script a lot so I went back to my old XBMC install.

Has anybody else tried this with the newest XBMC version (with python dll)?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh
What I can see is that the script performs a request to the webserver and then tries to populate the current_date variable. The request works but the statement that fills the current_date results in an invalid list index errormessage.
This sums up quite nicely what is going on. As I had other python scripts running like an EPG and the setup of this one is so simple I wondered what I could still be missing. Yesterday I reinstalled the webserver but that did not make any difference but this morning it finally dawned on me. I changed the regional settings on my server to US - restarted the webserver -et voila- everything works nicely!

So - if you have connection problems and your regional settings on your webserver are not US then that is a likely solution.

Jan
Old 05-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Sage User

Thanks Coolwave for your contributions

Coolwave, thanks again for your efforts on giving everyone a free product that has a lot of value.

I was wondering, you had mentioned that you were running a version of the SageTV.py script which supported grouping... Any idea when you might be releasing this version?

Thanks again
Old 05-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Sage User

Unable to connect to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh
Hi,

Playing videos from the samba share which is on the same machine as the webserver works and weather updates work fine also.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, after I've installed webserver 2.6 and the xbmc script, I get the message unable to connect to http://xxx:xxx@ipaddress:8080
My server runs winxp SP2. I have looked for the KB explaining the passing of passwords in url's (I think it's KB834489), but even after making the changes explained there, I still get the unable to connect error.
I can access the shares on my server and the internet from the xbox, so that's not the problem. It really must be the userassword passing that's giving me the problems.

Can anyone help ?

grtz
Old 05-26-2006, 02:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Viper,

The KB article is only relevant for internet explorer. Check if the regional settings for date and time of the machine running the webserver are US - that solved it for me.

Jan
Old 05-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh
Viper,

The KB article is only relevant for internet explorer. Check if the regional settings for date and time of the machine running the webserver are US - that solved it for me.

Jan

Thx jhh,

Changing the regional settings to US did the trick.

Grtz
Old 06-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Sage User

Hello there,

This script seems like the last piece of a the puzzle to make XBMC truly perfect for me. Any chance it is being updated to work with v2.8 of the webserver?