SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Sage User

Works with version 5?

I've been trying to get the script working for a few days now. It load fine, shows the recordings, but when I hit "watch" nothing happens.

I only recently started using sage so i'm using version 5.0.2.90. I am using the webserver version 2.6

The webserver appears to work perfectly. I can stream recorded files to my laptop for instance.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

EDIT - I finally got it working. Was a UNC path issue. For what its worth, the script works perfectly with Sage version 5

Last edited by NishanF; 06-24-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Sage User

recorded shows look graining via script

Something odd I am expericing ...

When I watch a show directly from xbmc (I have a drive mapped to the recorded shows), the quality is fine.

When I try and watch the same show (which maps back to the identical file) via the script the quality is graining and very bright. Odd?
Old 06-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Odd indeed. I can honestly say that I haven't seen that before. Maybe bring up the video options while the crappy one is playing and make sure nothing is screwed up.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Sage User

i have been using xbmc for months now and have been looking for a sensible way for me to use it as a pvr.... this seems to be the answer! it looks awesome and when i get home from work tonight i will be getting down to the nitty gritty of installing it on my xbox and having a play.

i was just wondering as well if work has stopped permanently on this project or is there an update imminent?

congrats again coolwave you ROCK!!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Sage Icon

Coolwave was busy with school and work a few months ago. I know he is planning an update, but when I do not know. I am sure he'll get to it as soon as he can
Old 07-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Sage User

cool thanks for the quick reply, i will eagerly await the next update
Old 08-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Sage User

Unhappy

Hey guys, I actually have some bad news... I have recently moved into my own apartment and my old roommate was the one with the Xbox . Now I don't have an Xbox and I'm in a small enough apartment that my main TV is hooked directly to my PC as a second display. So basically I have no need for the script and I don't have an Xbox to code for anyways. I'm glad I was able to contribute what I did for the Sage TV community and I appreciate all the praise I have received.

I didn't know a thing about Python when I started writing this script and I think I managed to pull out a pretty good script anyways, so anyone with some coding experience should be able to update it easily enough . nielm's webserver is the heart and soul of the script and now with xml output it should be even easier to add to this thing. Anyone up for it!?

If anyone needs help with any of the code that is in the current script I would be more than happy to help them out in updating it, but I can't really do more than that at this time.

And I'd like to give a shout out to kricker! Sorry I haven't been in touch, but I just want to thank you for helping everyone with the script.

I'll still be around in the forums as I am still a Sage TV user and everyone is welcome to PM me about the script (or anything I guess ), but I can't say that there will ever be an update for it coming from me.

- Coolwave
Old 08-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

I got 3 xbox's, currently 1 is un-used. I could send it to you if you are willing to keep working on the script.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Sage User

I have almost given up on this script. I keep getting an error message on xbmc stating that it cannot connect to the sageTV server. I copied the exact HTML that it listed to my PC and it worked fine (So I know it has the right password and login).
I'm running 2.8 of the webserver and xbmc is working on the network....I camn browse using XBMCs file manager for the videos. Would love to use the script though. Double checked for correct "/" vs "\" and still no luck. Any Ideas?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Sage User

Only works with version 2.6, sorry.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Sage User

How to modify sageTV.py for nielms webserver 2.8

Ok, I found a change to the script (SageTV.py) that works with Webserver Version 2.8.

you will find the following section:

==========================================
try:
Base_URL = "http://" + webaddress + "/sage/Home"
WebSock = urllib.urlopen(Base_URL) # Opens a 'Socket' to URL
WebHTML = WebSock.read() # Reads Contents of URL and saves to Variable
WebSock.close() # Closes connection to url
CURRENT_DATE = re.compile('Last updated: (....[0-9]*),', re.I).findall(WebHTML)[0]
Connect = True
==========================================

Change the highlighted line by replacing "Last Updated:" with "'generated at:"

All other sections seem to work without modification.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

-Coolwave
If I can confirm this works, do you want to change the script and re-upload for the masses?
Old 09-21-2006, 03:51 AM
Sage User

All that line does is read the current date which kind of verifies that it is connected. If it cannot read it properly, the script will fail to connect. Basically if it can't read the date properly, it's not version 2.6 and therefore I can't be sure that all other functions will work.

If you find that everything does magically work for all versions of the webserver just by changing that one line I would be more than happy to change the script and reupload it to help out new users and not have to worry about webserver version. I'm just guessing that's not the only line that needs to change, but let me know! If it is, I will make it so it can find either last updated or generated at to find the date.

I have no way of testing, so let me know what's up!

Last edited by Coolwave; 09-21-2006 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Sage Icon

will do. My xbox is down at the moment, but I'll test it within a week.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I changed to version 2.8 and made the suggested change in the script. It is possible to replace the 'generated at:' with 'Page generated at:' both will work.

I noticed that my user and password had been overwritten in the config xml when I did the change on one of the xboxes but that may have been my mistake. Anyway do not despair when you get the famous could not connect message because it could be this.

I noticed one small error and that is that the script is no longer able to display the channel in the detailed info screens - there it shows 'Err'. Need to study the scripting language a bit or ask Coolwave nicely

[edit]
if you replace - should be around line 261:
try: pchannel = re.compile('<p>Channel: (.*)</p></p>', re.I).findall(WebHTML)[0]
with:
try: pchannel = re.compile('<p>Channel: (.*)</p><p>', re.I).findall(WebHTML)[0]

then it will display the channel again in detailed info
[edit]

Big thanks to Coolwave for the script and to Nielm for his webserver (and not making too many changes which break the script).

Jan

Last edited by jhh; 09-29-2006 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

sweeet. Good job tcarlus and jhh.
Coolwave, I have not yet had a chance to confirm these changes, maybe jhh or tcarlus can test everything and let us know. I am slammed with work for another week, so I won't be testing till then, 'cause I gotta fix my non-booting xbox 1st.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Sage Icon

Yup, I tested the "generated at:" replacement and it does allow the python to connect to the webservice and grab some data. It looks messed up to me and I haven't gotten any videos to play back yet. But most of the info is there, and correct. I'm going to try jhh's suggestion tonight.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Sage Icon

jhh's suggestion does work to get the channel number working and I'm close to being able to play the shows, i think it is just a RecordingPath issue.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Sage User

I changed the two lines for version 2.8 and posted the python file for everyone to try out. I believe you should be able to have two different python files on your Xbox and I know if you have a SageTV Client you can install a different version of the webserver on it if you want to try it out without breaking your current XBMC>webserver setup. Please let us know how this works for those who try it. I want everyone to be able to get the most out of the newest webserver version while keeping the script working.

I have not updated the main zip file, so if you don't have it, you will still need to download it and also download the new SageTV.py file that I just posted.

Let me know how it works!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Sage Icon

I'll give this a try tonight, I would have last night, but when I read this it was 2:30am and I had just turned off my xbox

I've also updated to the 2.9 Webserver update, so I'll be testing two things at once.