SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:54 AM

Watch it Now NETFLIX for SageTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
So I finally got me a Netflix account. Like many others, I prefer the default SageTV UI over the SageMC UI. So I took a stab at updating this plugin to fix some of the RSS channels that have changed on the Netflix site and to update the STVI to fix the thumbnails in newer versions of SageTV.

***IMPORTANT***
I don't think you can use this with the SageMC version of the Netflix import. If you have the SageMC Netflix import, backup your entire SageTV installation directory before continuing! If things go wrong, shut down SageTV and restore the backup.

To install, just install and configure everything as described in the first post of the thread. One thing that may not be clear to those that haven't installed this plugin before...Your Netflix ID in the Configuration section is found by logging into your Netflix account and clicking the RSS link at the bottom of the page. On the RSS page, look for the RSS links that have id=Pxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...that's a P with a bunch of numbers after it. Copy the P with the numbers, and enter or paste that in for the ID.

Now that the base plugin is installed and configured, you can unzip the netflix.zip file into the SageTV\JARs directory to replace the netflix.jar file with the updated one. The updated one fixes a couple of RSS channels that have changed their URL. I only added the new Channel.class to the old .jar file and left everything else as it was.

If you are using a newer (ie. v6.0+) version of SageTV and you are having problems with repeated thumbnails when scrolling through the various movie lists, just unzip the NetFlix_Import_v1.1_updated.stvi.zip to the SageTV\STVs\SageTV3 directory. Remove the original Netflix stvi and apply this updated stvi.

That should do it. Now if somebody could take this and add the Play It Now feature to it, that would be awesome.
I would also like access to the PLAY IT NOW FEATURE. I experimented with SageMC Netflix Import and had troubles getting the MVP extender to work with the loopback. I actually prefer SageTV user interface better and want the functionality to PLAY IT NOW via the Extender.

Any word about updates to this plugin?
Old 07-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinnelson8 View Post
I would also like access to the PLAY IT NOW FEATURE. I experimented with SageMC Netflix Import and had troubles getting the MVP extender to work with the loopback. I actually prefer SageTV user interface better and want the functionality to PLAY IT NOW via the Extender.

Any word about updates to this plugin?
My Studio knowledge is extremely limited and I don't think anyone else with enough Studio experience is working on porting the Watch Now feature from the SageMC NetFlix plugin to the Default STV NetFlix plugin. So I think it's safe to say it's a dead horse at the moment. Regardless, even if this default STV plugin was updated to include Watch Now, you would still be required to use the loopback hack...if you had problems with the loopback hack with the SageMC NetFlix plugin, you would probably have the same problem getting it to work with the Default NetFlix plugin.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 10-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Sage User

I know this is an older thread, but we recently got Netflix in canada. I got the plugin all set up and linked in but nothing shows up. I am assuming the plugin links the the .com site and not the .ca one and that is causing the problem. Any idea on how to fix? also, there is no rss option on the .ca site to my knoledge
Old 06-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Sage Icon

if u are running v7 i would take a look at the playon plugin.

while im not 100% sure it will work, it should work with the netflix CA site.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
if u are running v7 i would take a look at the playon plugin.

while im not 100% sure it will work, it should work with the netflix CA site.
Playon works with Canadian Netflix accounts. No queque up here though.

J
Old 12-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Sage User

PlayOn does work here, but the way it organizes things in Netflix is complete rubbish. You have to know exactly what you want to watch and what genre Netflix labeled it as to find it. Plus it's another subscription to pay for. For now I just close sagetv and use a mouse and a browser, and looks like it will continue that way with sagetv no longer being supported.